PDA

View Full Version : Consumers have had enough

Common
12-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Americans are tired of lousy or non existent customer service and tech support. 98% of their complaints are against the private sector and not govt.

Americans are not very happy consumers. We're frustrated and angry—and for good reason.
More people than ever are dissatisfied with the products and services they buy, according to a new report from Arizona State University's W.P. Carey School of Business. And when there is a problem, we're less happy with the customer service we receive.

The number of households experiencing "customer rage" — they were very or extremely upset about the company response when they complained — jumped to 68% from 60% in the last survey, in 2011.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/12/14/cnbc-report-consumers-have-had-enough/3997651/

Captain Obvious
12-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Get used to it.

Customers are no longer an asset, they're a commodity.

GrassrootsConservative
12-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Who created the regulations that keep products from being top-of-the-line?

Mini Me
12-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Everything made today comes from China or Asia. JUNK!

You call up a service rep and they are from India or the Phillipines, or you get the runaround on voice mail jail!

I had to spend over three hours on the horn with a dumb lady from Directv, who didn't have a clue about what she was talking about!

And the waste company hasn't picked up garbage in over two weeks now, and lies and says they are on their way.

Its all about taking your money from you, and to hell with product or service!

Green Arrow
12-14-2013, 04:39 PM
No, consumers haven't had enough. When consumers have had enough, they will stand up for themselves and against the system. They aren't. So they haven't had enough.

GrassrootsConservative
12-14-2013, 04:59 PM

To expand on this:
Who sent the minimum wage up to $7.25 an hour in America and drove jobs to other countries where people don't give a shit because "it's just big dumb evil greedy America, anyway."

And of course the "polls" are going to show people thinking they're upset with the private sector and corporations, that's who the bitch media tells them to be mad at, and the sheep never inform themselves.

You think products are bad? Blame the government, it's their fault 100%. No poll can change that fact.

Germanicus
12-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Big business are demons.

What I hate are the advertisments that speak to me as if I am Homer Simpson or something.

Many ads from corporations are made to make fun of and humiliate the public. Like the Chevron ads that have the lame Sims sounding music and some smug Chevron employee making fun of some concerned section of the public. We disagree motherfuckers!

Big business thinks that it is so smart and powerful that they can use ads to make fun of us. These people see themselves as above us.

Germanicus
12-14-2013, 05:23 PM
To expand on this:
Who sent the minimum wage up to $7.25 an hour in America and drove jobs to other countries where people don't give a shit because "it's just big dumb evil greedy America, anyway."

And of course the "polls" are going to show people thinking they're upset with the private sector and corporations, that's who the bitch media tells them to be mad at, and the sheep never inform themselves.

You think products are bad? Blame the government, it's their fault 100%. No poll can change that fact.

Some people deserve all that is coming to them.

Keeping worshipping your corporate overlords that control your corporate government will be bad for you at some point. I bet you shut up then.

Dumb, evil, greedy.

GrassrootsConservative
12-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Some people deserve all that is coming to them.

Keeping worshipping your corporate overlords that control your corporate government will be bad for you at some point. I bet you shut up then.

Dumb, evil, greedy.

This type of mindset is EXACTLY why you were born in a second-rate nation, Germy.

#1 country for #1 people- America.

patrickt
12-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Why complain about the government? It not only doesn't do any good but you might get audited. I complained a lot about the public schools when my kids were in school. When my son was starting high school the principal said when we met one day, "I see we're getting your son. I've been looking forward to getting him." I made it very personal very quickly and he never spoke to my son but they can.

I've had very few instances of bad customer service from private U.S. companies. My ex-wife always had bad service. Amazing, that.

It's a shame consumers have been taught to expect something for nothing. For example, a man on a Kindle forum who'd received nine replacement Kindles in a few weeks and the last one didn't meet his expectations either. I'd have bought him a Kobo and banned him from buying any Kindles. And then there are the people who whine because their device is only a few months out of warranty and the company won't fix it for free. My personal favorites are the ones who say, "My Kindle has always sat on a down pillow and this morning when I woke up the screen had shattered." Oh, right. Happens all the time.

I had a television that claimed to be stereo but wasn't. A federal U.S. court agreed it didn't have what was usually considered stereo but the court held stereo has no meaning. Someone got paid for that decision. I wrote the company and learned later it was largely controlled by the French government. I got no satisfaction. I went to the store when I bought the television to seek an ally in fighting with Thomsson Consumer Electronics and the store listen, read the article from a business magazine about the court case, and refunded 100% of my money even though they television was out of warranty. The manager of the store said, "We'll be fighting with them or you'll never see another of the televisions in one of our stores."

Can't do that with the government can you? And complain and take you chances. As I sad, at least with private businesses you're free to complain without fearing retribution.

Common
12-14-2013, 10:28 PM
No, consumers haven't had enough. When consumers have had enough, they will stand up for themselves and against the system. They aren't. So they haven't had enough.

Most of the complaints were with cable tv, yanno the thing you have NO CHOICES they have an area locked up and theres no competition allowed other than Direct Tv and dish that have the same lousy service.

Cable should be competitive period.

Green Arrow
12-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Most of the complaints were with cable tv, yanno the thing you have NO CHOICES they have an area locked up and theres no competition allowed other than Direct Tv and dish that have the same lousy service.

Cable should be competitive period.

I have plenty of cable choices besides Direct TV and Dish. Even so, who cares? It's not like cable TV is actually important.

Common
12-15-2013, 12:16 AM
I have plenty of cable choices besides Direct TV and Dish. Even so, who cares? It's not like cable TV is actually important.

What are all these choices you have for cable tv in your area, what companies and its important to people that have cable and pay for it and cant get them to get it right.

Green Arrow
12-15-2013, 12:24 AM
What are all these choices you have for cable tv in your area, what companies

Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, even AT&T and Verizon are their own cable providers now. There is no "in your area," these guys are all over the country. Comcast is even worldwide.

and its important to people that have cable and pay for it and cant get them to get it right.

No, it's not important at all. You don't need cable to live and humanity lived just fine before cable. Thus, unimportant. It's a luxury, nothing more.

webrockk
12-15-2013, 12:25 AM
Get used to it.

Customers are no longer an asset, they're a commodity.

in Big Mama Fed's/FRB's/fiat currency's eyes, collateral

Common
12-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, even AT&T and Verizon are their own cable providers now. There is no "in your area," these guys are all over the country. Comcast is even worldwide.

You can choose ANY of those ? I think you had better check on that, when you try to sign for it they will tell you they do not service your area.
No, it's not important at all. You don't need cable to live and humanity lived just fine before cable. Thus, unimportant. It's a luxury, nothing more.

Common
12-15-2013, 12:28 AM

That has nothing to do with it, you dont need the internet to live either. Its a question of companies offering services and you paying for them and then they dont service what they sell. Most of what you and everyone else buys you dont need. Get rid of you cell phone you dont need that either.

Green Arrow
12-15-2013, 03:24 AM
You can choose ANY of those ? I think you had better check on that, when you try to sign for it they will tell you they do not service your area.

They've serviced every area I've lived in. If you live wait out in the ass-end of the country, then sure, they probably don't service you, but neither do most cell carriers either. It's a technology problem, not a business problem. If they were capable of servicing those areas, they would service those areas.

That has nothing to do with it, you dont need the internet to live either. Its a question of companies offering services and you paying for them and then they dont service what they sell. Most of what you and everyone else buys you dont need. Get rid of you cell phone you dont need that either.

I will be, when I'm able to.

S L H
12-15-2013, 05:44 AM
To expand on this:

You consider $7.25 a HIGH WAGE in AMerica at todays prices excuse me WHAT PLANET do you live on

Secondly what we forgot to do was SRESTRICT ACESS to IMPORTS so people have NO CHOICE but to buy AMERICAN that is where FREEDOM had FAILED US as a country

zelmo1234
12-15-2013, 06:00 AM
You consider $7.25 a HIGH WAGE in AMerica at todays prices excuse me WHAT PLANET do you live on

Secondly what we forgot to do was SRESTRICT ACESS to IMPORTS so people have NO CHOICE but to buy AMERICAN that is where FREEDOM had FAILED US as a country

You are correct in that if you are going to have high taxations, regulations and want high wages, there is no possible way to compete with imports if the consumer is not willing to pay more for their products.

So restricting trade is the only answer. The problems is that the US consumer does not want that trade restricted!

All the jobs could come back to the USA in just a year or two if the consumer did not buy products that were not made here, but that is not likely to happen

S L H
12-15-2013, 06:03 AM
You are correct in that if you are going to have high taxations, regulations and want high wages, there is no possible way to compete with imports if the consumer is not willing to pay more for their products.

So restricting trade is the only answer. The problems is that the US consumer does not want that trade restricted!

All the jobs could come back to the USA in just a year or two if the consumer did not buy products that were not made here, but that is not likely to happen

Thats why I support GOVERMENT ACTION to FORCEpeople to BUY AMERICAN because if given a choice they WONT and choose cheap chinese junk at the expense of American Prosperity

GrassrootsConservative
12-15-2013, 06:05 AM

I never said I consider $7.25/hr to be a high wage in America with today's prices. What it is, is a great wage for the people of an appropriate age to have those jobs to get their foot in the door in the workplace. The young people who don't really have a lot of needs except for a roof over their heads, easy food and a good time, $7.25/hr is great pay for them.

And I love how your answer to the problems created by killing freedoms is to kill more freedoms. It's like the PETA nuts who buy animal fur to destroy, not even thinking about how much help and support that is for the fur industry. But keep crippling the economy with regulations on the American people, you're only giving us more historical arguments to expose the damage of these types of political views, and eventually they (the American people) are going to wake up. Hopefully.

patrickt
12-15-2013, 06:09 AM
Thats why I support GOVERMENT ACTION to FORCEpeople to BUY AMERICAN because if given a choice they WONT and choose cheap chinese junk at the expense of American Prosperity

Great idea. Since people won't buy inferior union-made products at a higher price we should force them to do it. While we're at it, why don't we force Americans to marry Americans. Help get American women off welfare. Oh, and we can finally get that border fence, not to keep illegal aliens out but to keep the cows that you and your ilk need to milk from escaping.

zelmo1234
12-15-2013, 06:10 AM

I can see where people would like to see this? But I will have to stay on the side of freedom. I hate to see the government force anyone to do things?

They tend to get carried away.

Now I do think that we could adopt a policy of trade equality, vs Free trade.

That would be very simple, we treat your imports the same way that you treat ours. If you restrict something coming into your country, they we do the same. If you have tariffs and taxes on imports, then so do we

This would in fact open some markets up to the USA and would institute tariffs with other countries. and these they would not have a real leg to stand on in complaining about it!

GrassrootsConservative
12-15-2013, 06:12 AM

Do you ever wonder why, if your ideas are so great, you have to force them onto people?

Good ideas don't need to be forced. Can you come up with one thing historically that was forced that was a positive thing for humanity?

S L H
12-15-2013, 06:13 AM
I never said I consider $7.25/hr to be a high wage in America with today's prices. What it is, is a great wage for the people of an appropriate age to have those jobs to get their foot in the door in the workplace. The young people who don't really have a lot of needs except for a roof over their heads, easy food and a good time, $7.25/hr is great pay for them.

The PROBLEM is that its NOT young people doing these jobs yes years ago TEENAGERS would do these job but TODY itsmostly ADULTS

Go to Kmart or a Fast Food joint and you will mostly see ADULTS working these jobs NOT KIDS

So many of our JOBS have been OFFSHOREDthat these restaurant and retail positions tend to be ALL that is left for many people

These companies are plenty profitable they can MOREthan AFFORDto pay REASONABLEWAGES

These people are supporting themselves and families not TEENAGERS but leave it to CONSthey always got some dumb excuse to pay people less

If poverty wages arent bad enough they wish to gut the SAFETY NET which tens of millions rely on to make it on poverty wages

zelmo1234
12-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Great idea. Since people won't buy inferior union-made products at a higher price we should force them to do it. While we're at it, why don't we force Americans to marry Americans. Help get American women off welfare. Oh, and we can finally get that border fence, not to keep illegal aliens out but to keep the cows that you and your ilk need to milk from escaping.

I will say that only on rare occasions are the products produce by American workers inferior! We did sell this in the auto industry for a time, but that was largely due to R and D and not production, but if you look to the new products by Ford and even the new Jeeps, that are among the highest quality and design in the world

I find nothing wrong with trying to encourage people to buy made in the USA, and I also have issues if we allow free trade and the country that is importing products into the USA has restrictions on what we import into their country!

S L H
12-15-2013, 06:17 AM
Do you ever wonder why, if your ideas are so great, you have to force them onto people?

Good ideas don't need to be forced. Can you come up with one thing historically that was forced that was a positive thing for humanity?We forced the south to give up slavery

We enacted Civil RIghts by FORCE

We force companies to pay atleast a minnimun wage and provide SAFE working conditions

We force people too bbuy AUTO INSURANCE so if they crash into you that you will be COMPENSATEDfor your losses

I could think of many more but I think you get the drift

Sometimes FORCEis a NECESSITY

GrassrootsConservative
12-15-2013, 06:25 AM
The PROBLEM is that its NOT young people doing these jobs yes years ago TEENAGERS would do these job but TODY itsmostly ADULTS

Well, yes, but that's because of entitlement-mentality progressives have it in their head that those jobs are for failures. It'll be harder to get young people in those jobs if progressives keep teaching them that those jobs are dead-end traps for the borderline-retarded.

So many of our JOBS have been OFFSHOREDthat these restaurant and retail positions tend to be ALL that is left for many people

Again, displaying the result of crippling regulations on the industries that have gone overseas. That should be obvious.

These companies are plenty profitable they can MOREthan AFFORDto pay REASONABLEWAGES

Who decides what's reasonable?

These people are supporting themselves and families not TEENAGERS but leave it to CONSthey always got some dumb excuse to pay people less

Why do they have families they can't afford? And why should I have to pay for it instead of them bettering themselves, and as a result, our nation.

If poverty wages arent bad enough they wish to gut the SAFETY NET which tens of millions rely on to make it on poverty wages

Now how does that make any sense? Think about that.

zelmo1234
12-15-2013, 06:25 AM

Go to Kmart or a Fast Food joint and you will mostly see ADULTS working these jobs NOT KIDS

Ok here is where we have to dis agree a little.

First Kmart is loosing money so they have no money to increase wages

Next if you look at fast food most is a franchise business. and while the corporate headquarters do make large profits it is a low margin high volume business. the actual owners of the locations are not making millions a year, and thus raising wages would require them to take other options to lower their labor costs and would likely have to raise prices as well.

Here is where we do agree though the reason that we feel this is happening is likely different. YES most of the workers in these establishments are now adults. and the reason for this is that the taxations and regulation levels in the USA have made it nearly impossible to manufacture items in the USA and be able to compete in the market place. The cost of energy, insurance, licenses, property taxes, and perceived acceptable wages have driven the jobs off shore so they are able to compete in the marketplace

Ravi
12-15-2013, 06:28 AM
Americans are tired of lousy or non existent customer service and tech support. 98% of their complaints are against the private sector and not govt.

Americans are not very happy consumers. We're frustrated and angry—and for good reason.
More people than ever are dissatisfied with the products and services they buy, according to a new report from Arizona State University's W.P. Carey School of Business. And when there is a problem, we're less happy with the customer service we receive.

The number of households experiencing "customer rage" — they were very or extremely upset about the company response when they complained — jumped to 68% from 60% in the last survey, in 2011.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/12/14/cnbc-report-consumers-have-had-enough/3997651/

Notice in the article that consumers are more satisfied (much more) with government customer service than private corporation customer service? I guess the government can do some things right ;)

GrassrootsConservative
12-15-2013, 06:31 AM
We forced the south to give up slavery

We force companies to pay atleast a minnimun wage and provide SAFE working conditions

We force people too bbuy AUTO INSURANCE so if they crash into you that you will be COMPENSATEDfor your losses

And the negative economic results of this force are all around us everyday. Just watch the news. Even the mainstream bitch media can't hide it, but they'll try and lie about the source. Always remember that any law they pass requires more resources to enforce. Now after several authoritarian regimes we are $17 trillion in the hole.

How far does it have to go before you wake up and realize you're trying to cure a broken leg by hobbling it?

zelmo1234
12-15-2013, 06:33 AM
We forced the south to give up slavery

And to some extent we need to look at what would have happened if we did not apply that force.

Slavery would not exist today if we had not forced the issue as automation was already taking it's toll on need for slaves.

I also don't see that civil rights were advanced a tremendous amount by the civil rights act, because the democrats found a new way to segregate and that was to get people hooked on the government for their existence, and that allowed liberals to claim compassion and yet they got to choose the places and conditions that minorities would live in and under

The minimum wage? I submit that the fastest way to raise wages is to create a market where there is full employment and a need for qualified workers. rather than force people to pay a wage and then adjust their prices so that it is all the same anyway?

Not all states require auto insurance. and one does not have to drive! So it is not really force!

There are better ways the government, does not have a good track record of creating situations that promote economic growth and that is what will cure most of what we are complaining about today!

S L H
12-15-2013, 06:36 AM
And the negative economic results of this force are all around us everyday. Just watch the news. Even the mainstream bitch media can't hide it, but they'll try and lie about the source. Always remember that any law they pass requires more resources to enforce. Now after several authoritarian regimes we are $17 trillion in the hole.

How far does it have to go before you wake up and realize you're trying to cure a broken leg by hobbling it?
So basiclly you advocate for a wild west era FREE FOR ALL with no rules or regulations yeah that would be COMPLETE CHAOS or hell on earth

For instance Nigeria has ZERO income taxes and very little regulation yet Nigeria is a CESSPOOL

UNRESTRICTED unchecked FREEDOM is a Dangerous Thing and there must be a system in place to keep Freedom in check otherwise we devolve into total destruction

zelmo1234
12-15-2013, 06:46 AM
So basiclly you advocate for a wild west era FREE FOR ALL with no rules or regulations yeah that would be COMPLETE CHAOS or hell on earth

For instance Nigeria has ZERO income taxes and very little regulation yet Nigeria is a CESSPOOL

UNRESTRICTED unchecked FREEDOM is a Dangerous Thing and there must be a system in place to keep Freedom in check otherwise we devolve into total destruction

Nigeria also happens to be a cesspool of corruption and government crime

I don't think that we are advocating a free for all, but when it comes to the ability to manufacture a product in the USA and be able to compete with the world with all of the government regulations, and taxations driving up the price of the products?

We are in a situation that the government has become a tyranny and is the problem, not the solution

zelmo1234
12-15-2013, 08:26 AM

I think that they should force everyone to build and live in one of my homes too, don't you.

You see we build very high end homes and cut not corners. that are lost of people that would choose to live in less expensive homes, so the government should force them to buy one of mine don't you think?

Peter1469
12-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Notice in the article that consumers are more satisfied (much more) with government customer service than private corporation customer service? I guess the government can do some things right ;)

They must not have called the IRS for tax questions!

Ravi
12-15-2013, 10:15 AM
They must not have called the IRS for tax questions!While amusing, I've always had my questions to the IRS answered politely.

Peter1469
12-15-2013, 10:33 AM
While amusing, I've always had my questions to the IRS answered politely.

I stumped them last year, at least the guy gave me his name and ID # so I just used that, and wasn't bothered again.

I ran a tax center at Ft Drum in 2000. I called the IRS often and would get different answers to the same questions all the time. :smiley:

AmazonTania
12-15-2013, 01:03 PM

Whose fault is that exactly?

AmazonTania
12-15-2013, 01:04 PM
If the government doesn't offer any goods or services to speak of, how (or why exactly) would there be any complaints? Especially since the entire purpose of Government is to address grievances?

Circular logic much??

Rebel Son
12-15-2013, 01:11 PM

China..........

Ravi
12-15-2013, 02:12 PM
If the government doesn't offer any goods or services to speak of, how (or why exactly) would there be any complaints? Especially since the entire purpose of Government is to address grievances?

Circular logic much??Roads, parks, security, water, education.....dude, please.

AmazonTania
12-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Roads, parks, security, water, education.....dude, please.

The government doesn't and never actually provided any of those things... Except for education.

Not sure if you're trying to use that as an example of how the government can 'do some things right.'

zelmo1234
12-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Roads, parks, security, water, education.....dude, please.

It would be interesting to take a poll and see if the people think that the education, roads ect that the government is provide is good?