PDA

View Full Version : Juan Williams’ Wife: NPR Liberals Are Hypocrites

Juggernaut
07-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Its easy to believe that liberals aren't as diverse as claimed since blacks are used mainly for votes while they continue to ask "where are the jobs". Online libs demand compliance with the PC standard and they get angry when they disagree with articles posted. Its easier to harass and whine than accept new information as well as other viewpoints.

http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/juanwilliams-delise-npr-fox/2011/07/20/id/404258

Delise Williams, the wife of Fox News contributor Juan Williams, tells Newsmax that “so-called liberals” at NPR treated her — a light-skinned African-American — as if she didn’t exist.

“The NPR people were hypocrites because they are supposed to be the liberals who are accepting of all kinds of people and inclusive, and they were the most exclusive group in my experience of going to events related to work that I have ever seen,” says Delise, a former social worker who is the daughter of a doctor.

Juan Williams’ book “Muzzled: The Assault on Honest Debate” hits bookstores next week. It reveals that for years before NPR fired him, NPR executives harassed him over what he did or did not say on the air.

In the meantime, Delise says that she and Juan were the only blacks at NPR parties, a point confirmed by Juan. In general, both say, African-Americans were found only in low level jobs such as security guards.

“The Fox gatherings are much diverse,” she says. “They have both African-American and whites. It’s great because when I sometimes go down to Fox and wait for Juan in the green room, they all speak to me as if they know me and are very friendly. I feel very comfortable there. With the NPR people, I did not feel comfortable.”

Fox News has never told Juan what he could or could not say, she says. In contrast, NPR constantly criticized him when he expressed views that diverged from what they thought a black man should think, Delise says.

“My friends would often argue with me before this whole thing came up and say, ‘Oh, how could you watch Fox?’ and I would say, ‘No, you need to listen to the news and other shows, and you will see that it’s not biased,'” she says.

At Fox, “They encourage debate, and I’ve even gotten my friends to watch Fox,” Delise says. “It gives you information about what is happening in both political parties, information on both sides."

“It’s as if at Fox they feel they certainly have their bias, but they believe so strongly in what they feel that they are open to having the other argument there because they believe their audience is intelligent enough to decide for themselves.”

Mister D
07-20-2011, 08:29 PM
NPR really f'd Williams over. That was outrageous and I say this as someone who usually disagrees with Williams.

wingrider
07-20-2011, 11:35 PM
my only question is " what took williams so long to figure NPR out"?

MMC
07-21-2011, 03:37 AM
"What," the Liberal Elites showing once again that they will do the thinking for another. Go figure. My question is Will Juan WIlliams make it a point to drive this home with the Liberal Media and MSM?

Mister D
07-21-2011, 08:23 AM
There might have been more to this though. I think the folks at NPR were upset about Williams being a regular guest on Fox.

hellraiser
07-24-2011, 09:25 PM
wow a fired employee talking crap about his employer, that's a new one

NOT

freecell
07-24-2011, 09:36 PM
my only question is " what took williams so long to figure NPR out"?

Good question.

hellraiser
07-24-2011, 09:38 PM
what does that mean?

Mister D
07-25-2011, 08:23 AM
wow a fired employee talking crap about his employer, that's a new one

NOT

That's not why Williams was fired. He was fired for politically incorrect remarks.