PDA

View Full Version : Romney and Paul Forging a Friendship

Conley
02-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Once there was a challenge of a softball game from the Ron Paul clan to the Mitt Romney clan. “They didn’t show up,” Mr. Paul says. “We didn’t schedule it. We really razz them about that, ‘You guys chickened out!’ ”

When Mr. Paul’s campaign jet broke down last year in Wolfeboro, N.H., Mr. Romney’s wife, Ann, offered to let Mr. Paul, an aide and one of his granddaughters stay the night at their summer home on Lake Winnipesaukee. When Mr. Romney arrived later, he offered his jet to take them home to Texas. Mr. Paul, not wanting to impose, was grateful but declined both offers.

In a Republican presidential contest known for its angry rivalries, the Romney-Paul relationship stands out for its behind-the-scenes civility. It is a friendship that, by Mr. Paul’s telling, Mr. Romney has worked to cultivate. The question is whether it is also one that could pay dividends for Mr. Romney as he faces yet more setbacks in his struggle to capture the 1,144 delegates needed to win the nomination.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/us/politics/mitt-romney-and-ron-paul-friendly-amid-the-rivalry.html

This actually raises my respect for Romney quite a bit. I never thought he was a bad person but it's cool that he and Paul seem to have hit it off.

wingrider
02-17-2012, 07:42 PM
politics does make strange bedfellows for sure.

just think about this for a minute, Paul is probably the most fiscal conservative out there and romney is perhaps the most liberal and they are getting together?? hmmmm strange to say the least

Mister D
02-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Bodes well too.

Peter1469
02-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Romney at the top of the ticket with Paul as his VP. It would be a winner. And I don't like Romney one bit.

Mister D
02-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Romney at the top of the ticket with Paul as his VP. It would be a winner. And I don't like Romney one bit.

Agreed. I'd be somewhat inspired to vote for that ticket.

Conley
02-17-2012, 08:47 PM
I'd vote for any ticket with Paul on it in a heartbeat. Well, maybe not Obama + Paul. Probably not that one. :laugh: