PDA

View Full Version : A Republican who gets it! - Just try taking ObamaCare away from someone.

Cigar
12-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Getting an earful on Obamacare http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/131219-rep-stutzman-neatly-sums-up-the-gops-obamacare-problem.jpg ….

Rep. Marlin Stutzman, R-3rd, had asked for input on the Affordable Care Act during an open house Monday at his office in the E. Ross Adair Federal Building, and he got it… …Lee Albright, owner of the south-side meat market carrying his last name, doesn’t want the Affordable Care Act repealed, which Stutzman and the Republican-controlled House have voted to do numerous times.

Albright told his congressman that his monthly payment for family health coverage will drop from $3,800 to $1,700 by enrolling in a plan offered through the much-maligned law. Albright said most of his dozen employees also are enrolling in Affordable Care Act plans and will have coverage for the first time. “If the Republican Party thinks they’re going to kill Obamacare, you guys need to realize that those nine people that I add on, are they going to vote Republican ever again if you take their health care from them?” Stutzman responded: “No, probably not.”

More here: http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20131217/LOCAL/312179972/1002/LOCAL http://theobamadiary.com/2013/12/18/rise-and-shine-702/

Try ... if you can, addressing exactly what the GOP Rep 'said" .... :wink:

countryboy
12-19-2013, 12:29 PM
And the millions who will have their healthcare taken away from them BECAUSE of Obamadontcare? Do you think they'll be voting democrat?

TheDictator
12-19-2013, 12:43 PM
The people who need Obamacare will never vote Republican.

Cigar
12-19-2013, 12:44 PM

Are you willing to Back that Statement up with any shred of Verifiable Data?

Cigar
12-19-2013, 12:46 PM
And the millions who will have their healthcare taken away from them BECAUSE of Obamadontcare? Do you think they'll be voting democrat?

Yes ... because they now have better plans, lower premiums and caps on what their out-of-pocket expenses are.

nic34
12-19-2013, 12:49 PM

Including John Boehner I assume...?

Cigar
12-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Including John Boehner I assume...?

... and dozens of others in The GOP :laugh:

countryboy
12-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Yes ... because they now have better plans, lower premiums and caps on what their out-of-pocket expenses are.
You are delusional. I think they make a pill for that.

Cigar
12-19-2013, 01:24 PM
You are delusional. I think they make a pill for that.

Those are the Verifiable Facts that have been posted weekly on this Forum.

It's your choice to deny the facts

countryboy
12-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Those are the Verifiable Facts that have been posted weekly on this Forum.

It's your choice to deny the facts
Yeah, gonna hafta call bullshit. You must get your news from Huffpo. Try the real world. Cherry picking a couple of examples, while ignoring reality doesn't impress me. But troll on proshill.

Cigar
12-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Yeah, gonna hafta call bullshit. You must get your news from Huffpo. Try the real world. Cherry picking a couple of examples, while ignoring reality doesn't impress me. But troll on proshill.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YvLgbtRmFNg/TVzWWRHu_HI/AAAAAAAAAeg/DivaFDLad4M/s1600/modsquadLink.jpg

nic34
12-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Don't they make something for denial?

Like "information"?

Donna received the letter canceling her insurance plan on Sept. 16. Her insurance company, LifeWise of Washington, told her that they'd identified a new plan for her. If she did nothing, she'd be covered.

A 56-year-old Seattle resident with a 57-year-old husband and 15-year-old daughter, Donna had been looking forward to the savings that the Affordable Care Act had to offer.

But that's not what she found. Instead, she'd be paying an additional $300 a month for coverage. The letter made no mention of the health insurance marketplace that would soon open in Washington, where she could shop for competitive plans, and only an oblique reference to financial help that she might qualify for, if she made the effort to call and find out.

RELATED: What Really Happens To People Whose Insurance Is 'Canceled' Because Of Obamacare (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/what-happens-to-people-whose-insurance-is-cancelled-because-of-obamacare)

Otherwise, she'd be automatically rolled over to a new plan -- and, as the letter said, "If you're happy with this plan, do nothing."
If Donna had done nothing, she would have ended up spending about $1,000 more a month for insurance than she will now that she went to the marketplace, picked the best plan for her family and accessed tax credits at the heart of the health care reform law.

"The info that we were sent by LifeWise was totally bogus. Why the heck did they try to screw us?" Donna said. "People who are afraid of the ACA should be much more afraid of the insurance companies who will exploit their fear and end up overcharging them."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/insurance-companies-misleading-letters-obamacare

countryboy
12-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Ha! Link from Mod Squad. I have to admit, every once in a while, between the bullshit and shilling, you do make me laugh. Use to love that show.

countryboy
12-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Don't they make something for denial?

Like "information"?

Donna received the letter canceling her insurance plan on Sept. 16. Her insurance company, LifeWise of Washington, told her that they'd identified a new plan for her. If she did nothing, she'd be covered.

A 56-year-old Seattle resident with a 57-year-old husband and 15-year-old daughter, Donna had been looking forward to the savings that the Affordable Care Act had to offer.

But that's not what she found. Instead, she'd be paying an additional $300 a month for coverage. The letter made no mention of the health insurance marketplace that would soon open in Washington, where she could shop for competitive plans, and only an oblique reference to financial help that she might qualify for, if she made the effort to call and find out.

RELATED: What Really Happens To People Whose Insurance Is 'Canceled' Because Of Obamacare (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/what-happens-to-people-whose-insurance-is-cancelled-because-of-obamacare)

Otherwise, she'd be automatically rolled over to a new plan -- and, as the letter said, "If you're happy with this plan, do nothing."
If Donna had done nothing, she would have ended up spending about $1,000 more a month for insurance than she will now that she went to the marketplace, picked the best plan for her family and accessed tax credits at the heart of the health care reform law.

"The info that we were sent by LifeWise was totally bogus. Why the heck did they try to screw us?" Donna said. "People who are afraid of the ACA should be much more afraid of the insurance companies who will exploit their fear and end up overcharging them."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/insurance-companies-misleading-letters-obamacare

I hope so, for your sake. Talkingpointsmemo is the epitome of denial.

nic34
12-19-2013, 01:37 PM
IOW, you can't dispute the article.

Thanks. :icon_thumleft:

Cigar
12-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Ha! Link from Mod Squad. I have to admit, every once in a while, between the bullshit and shilling, you do make me laugh. Use to love that show.

The Original Cool :afro: Fro and all :grin:

countryboy
12-19-2013, 02:21 PM
The Original Cool :afro: Fro and all :grin:
Yep. Nothin' wrong with a nice fro. :wink: Gotta love them burns too. :grin:

peoshi
12-19-2013, 08:16 PM
Yeah, gonna hafta call bullshit. You must get your news from Huffpo. Try the real world. Cherry picking a couple of examples, while ignoring reality doesn't impress me. But troll on proshill.Speaking of cherrypicking...notice blunt left out this part:

"A health insurance consultant said his own insurance premiums are climbing because of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act."

"Hatfield, a past president of the Northeast Indiana Association of Health Underwriters, told Stutzman his insurance premiums are increasing 50 percent and his medical provider network is shrinking because of changes in his policy prompted by President Barack Obama’s signature legislation. He predicted even greater sticker shock for insurance consumers starting next summer, when policies come up for renewal."

"James Hamilton, of Spencerville, informed Stutzman he has written a book on ways to revamp the medical industry. In a nutshell, he said that “A Short Treatise on a Common Sense Framework for Health Care Reform” calls for physicians to track genetic markers in their patients in an effort to prevent diseases or manage them earlier, which he said would reduce medical costs.“What I am proposing is that the basis for health care reform be clinically based and not business-based,” Hamilton, a longtime health care administrator and consultant, said after meeting with Stutzman. “ … Obamacare really touched very little of the elements of clinical care in terms of its care.”

Who do YOU trust...a meat market manager or a health care administrator and consultant?

Try ... if you can, addressing exactly what the GOP Rep 'said"

What are we supposed to address..."No,probably not"?