PDA

View Full Version : Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Dr. Who
12-24-2013, 08:44 PM

To one and all, a very Merry Christmas, and a healthy, prosperous and Happy New Year!

Chris
12-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Merry Christmas!

Mister D
12-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Didn't get out until 2:30 today. Shortened my celebration. I'm really becoming unhappy with a life that revolves around commerce. Mammon is god.

Anyway, I wish the same for you and yours.

Chloe
12-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Merry Christmas :)

Dr. Who
12-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Merry Christmas :)

I am remiss in not having wished you and all of our Jewish members a very Happy Chanukah!

zelmo1234
12-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Merry Christmas to all thanks, I look like the young couple that the misses has been staying with at the hospital will deliver sometime tonight. I will have my wife home for more than a few minutes

After 2 miscarriages they will finally have a child!

The Xl
12-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and all that jazz

Chloe
12-24-2013, 09:27 PM
I am remiss in not having wished you and all of our Jewish members a very Happy Chanukah!

Thanks, don't worry about it. Funny enough I was a Christian celebrating Christmas today! Well at least to the really cute old couple waiting in line at the grocery store earlier next to me. They let me cut in line in front of them since all I was buying were cookies for a neighbor and so while we were waiting they were asking what my plans were for Christmas and so I told them I'd be with my family, they asked me if we have a lot of gifts to exchange and I told them that we had some but not a lot, then they asked me if I'd be going to church tonight or tomorrow and I told them probably yes. I basically asked them the same questions too to be nice and have a conversation. After that they started telling me about how they were going to be seeing their grandkids tomorrow and how I looked like one of their granddaughters and so on. It was sweet and they were so nice, it just made me smile, even though I was kindof lying to them to make them happy.

iustitia
12-24-2013, 09:32 PM
I don't celebrate birthdays.

Dr. Who
12-24-2013, 09:46 PM
I don't celebrate birthdays.
Is that a religious conviction - i.e. Jehovah's Witness or personal?

fyrenza
12-24-2013, 09:51 PM
To all of my friends, and all of the fiends, here :

http://greetingscraps.disk9.com/orkut/123%20greetings%20scraps%20ecards/Animations/Merry%20Christmas/x186/misticrains3/Christmas/christmaswreath-1.gif

fyrenza
12-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and all that jazz

... mutter, mumble ... freakin' lib! http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/Fyrenza/Forum%20Stuff/kaos-crazybunny09_zps8513d1b8.gif (http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Fyrenza/media/Forum%20Stuff/kaos-crazybunny09_zps8513d1b8.gif.html)

iustitia
12-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Yes and no. I'm a biblical Unitarian and don't accept the divinity of Christ/the trinity doctrine. And I don't believe in created or born gods. Historically, it's a pagan notion to celebrate the birthdays of deities, which is why early Christians opposed Christmas out of principal. So, I have no reason to celebrate the birthday of a deity that isn't a deity, and even if deity was proven I wouldn't celebrate his birth. Easter is more important to me as a Christian as the resurrection means more to me than the virgin birth.

And also I don't celebrate birthdays.

Dr. Who
12-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Yes and no. I'm a biblical Unitarian and don't accept the divinity of Christ/the trinity doctrine. And I don't believe in created or born gods. Historically, it's a pagan notion to celebrate the birthdays of deities, which is why early Christians opposed Christmas out of principal. So, I have no reason to celebrate the birthday of a deity that isn't a deity, and even if deity was proven I wouldn't celebrate his birth. Easter is more important to me as a Christian as the resurrection means more to me than the virgin birth.

And also I don't celebrate birthdays.That is similar to the JW view of the birth of Christ and birthdays in general. They also honor Easter as the important event. In any case have a good time on your days off!

countryboy
12-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!!!

Professor Peabody
12-24-2013, 11:26 PM
Merry Christmas to all my tPF friends and foes, wishing you all the best in 2014!

Max Rockatansky
12-25-2013, 05:36 AM
Merry Christmas!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-x2LSMCUAAZRHY.jpg:large

Mainecoons
12-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Merry Christmas to all, and that is NOT Xmas.

Not sure what the atheists have to celebrate, but let us know.

:grin:

Peter1469
12-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Merry Christmas to all, and that is NOT Xmas.

Not sure what the atheists have to celebrate, but let us know.

:grin:

Presents, food, and family. (And alcohol). :wink:

Mainecoons
12-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Presents, food, and family. (And alcohol). :wink:

A sort of Potlatch, eh?

Walked to our local parish church yesterday evening where the community was staging a series of nativity scenes that are staffed by local families and have different themes. Everyone was in costume, there was music and celebration. The children were adorable as usual and the whole thing gave reason as no amount of material stuff can.

Oh, and in our local municipal hall there is a very extensive display of creches and other seasonal art and figurines done by very skilled local artists.

Here in Mexico we still know that Jesus is the reason for the season. :grin:

Don
12-25-2013, 11:36 AM
A sort of Potlatch, eh?

Walked to our local parish church yesterday evening where the community was staging a series of nativity scenes that are staffed by local families and have different themes. Everyone was in costume, there was music and celebration. The children were adorable as usual and the whole thing gave reason as no amount of material stuff can.

Oh, and in our local municipal hall there is a very extensive display of creches and other seasonal art and figurines done by very skilled local artists.

Here in Mexico we still know that Jesus is the reason for the season. :grin:

Merry Christmas Dan and everyone else.

fyrenza
12-25-2013, 01:06 PM

And also I don't celebrate birthdays.

Aren't YOU just the party, waiting to happen? http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/Fyrenza/Forum%20Stuff/squinty_zps3c19adf0.gif (http://s235.photobucket.com/user/Fyrenza/media/Forum%20Stuff/squinty_zps3c19adf0.gif.html)

j/k!

McCool
12-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Merry Christmas everyone, and here's a little movie trivia for you:

Who said "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Kiss my ***, Kiss his ***, Kiss your ***"?

Here's a hint:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _.

Agravan
12-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Merry Christmas to all!
Please be safe in your travels, and if you must drink, please don't drive.

Mainecoons
12-25-2013, 01:21 PM
And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.

The party's at my house. I get to drink and stumble! :rofl:

darroll
12-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Merry Christmas All.
Where is my punkin pie?

Peter1469
12-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Merry Christmas All.
Where is my punkin pie?
Sorry, I ate it. :grin:

Mister D
12-25-2013, 03:46 PM
Merry Christmas to all!
Please be safe in your travels, and if you must drink, please don't drive.

I never do.

Professor Peabody
12-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! We all know someone spending today alone, by all means call them and wish them a Merry Christmas, it will mean more to them than you'll ever know.