PDA

View Full Version : 5 million to become homeless Americans.

Germanicus
12-28-2013, 06:48 AM
Today is the last day of funding for federal long-term unemployment benefits, which were launched in 2008 to help jobless families pay the bills amid a deep recession and have since become a political football through years of weak recovery and endless Congressional debates about spending. When lawmakers passed a budget this month, they included no funding to keep the unemployment checks going.

So 1.3 million people will come off the rolls today, with another 1.9 million set to exhaust their benefits by the end of June, and 1.7 million more by year’s end.

http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/million-losing-unemployment-benefits-saturday/article_9a86ddcf-cc59-532c-a001-1a930f1d3fe3.html

Thats like 5 million by the end of the coming year. 1.3 million today. And there is no money for these people anywhere. What do they do? Where will they go? Who will they steal from? (:

Are we about to see tent cities popping up all over the USA again? That will not look good for the big economic recovery.

5 million by the end of the year. That is quite an army of angry people right there. Arent the jails in USA already full?

----------------

Lets contrast that with China shall we?

The poverty rate in the world's most populous country fell by nearly three-quarters in the last six years, from 26% in 2007 to 7% by 2012, the report by Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/166565/one-five-worldwide-living-extreme-poverty.aspx), a U.S.-based research company, said.
Such a trend is attributed to the economic reforms within the country in the last couple of decades. One particular aspect of this socio-economic success has been the rapid industrialization of the country, with a major pivot of people moving from the poorer rural areas of the country to more well off jobs in urban centers, particularly within the manufacturing sector.

Improved education and healthcare have also played a role in helping many out of poverty in Chi
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/12/24/business/china-poverty-report/index.html?hpt=ias_c2

Go China!

Xi Jinping said that the CPC would make the alleviation of extreme poverty a top priority. They are kicking ass. China is so kick ass that they have spare cities all ready to move rural people in to. And USA has bankrupt slums like Detriot and the rest. Even New York is bankrupt.

Things are not looking good for America. This is why I am in favour of breaking the ANZAC alliance and making an alliance with China. Australia is crazy to allow USA to take us to war against China and even annoying them hurts our economy so the military pivot is wrong and bad. China is peaceful and our most important economic partner. The trade deal we have in place with USA is fucked. The TPP will be worse.

Go China!

zelmo1234
12-28-2013, 07:14 AM
Here is an Idea? They can get a job?

they can take the jobs that the current 12 million illegals are doing and that leaves about 7 million more to be done!

patrickt
12-28-2013, 07:23 AM
Oh, my god. Run for your life. The liberal hysterics are at it again. Are these lumped in with the millions who didn't have health care and the millions who are starving in our streets and the millions who can't afford cable television?

Oh, the horror. Germanicus, you have reached the point that our susceptibility to panic is minimal. You have to realize you're competing with global warming, too. And, genetically modified plants. And, fracking to get oil. And, guns. Don't forget guns. We have to panic over that, too.

But, it isn't just you, Germanicus. We have Yoko Ono and Woody Allen and Sean Penn and Charlie Sheen and Michelle Obama and Rep. Nancy Pelosi and tens of thousands of other hysterics pushing their personal cause. It's a tough world for hysterics.

Zelmo, ex-President of Mexico, Vicente Fox, was correct when he said that Mexicans coming north took the jobs and Americans won't do.

Germanicus
12-28-2013, 07:24 AM

they can take the jobs that the current 12 million illegals are doing and that leaves about 7 million more to be done!

You need to get rid of the illegals first. Good luck. All this guest worker nonsense is just making more useless mouth US citizens.

“We talk about safety nets for people — government assistance, church assistance, private donations,” she said. “That safety net is looking more and more frayed to the people who are relying on it.”

Maybe you could expel them? Put them on a boat and send them to Cuba? maybe send them to South America.

Peter1469
12-28-2013, 09:06 AM
I imagine that they will start taking all those jobs that have gone unfilled because those on jobless benefits said they didn't pay enough.

Mainecoons
12-28-2013, 09:45 AM
The U.S. is in a catch 22 that can only end one way. Thanks to "free" trade, open borders and constant government assault against gainful employment in the form of taxes and regulation, there simply isn't enough gainful work to go around, particularly towards the bottom of the job market. At the same time, the government is printing money wantonly because the crippled economy simply can't spin out enough revenue to support the entitlement budget.

Every projection shows the deficit exploding again shortly, particularly when you include the presently glossed over costs of the ObamaCare debacle.

At some point, the checks are going to be sharply curtailed. You don't want to be anywhere near a major population center when that happens.

Germanicus
12-28-2013, 03:58 PM
I imagine that they will start taking all those jobs that have gone unfilled because those on jobless benefits said they didn't pay enough.

Well I have been laying awake at night all worried about US asparagus farmers. Maybe they will have enugh pickers this year. That will be great.

I imagine there will be a heaps more cash in the hand work happening too. Which may be good for asparagus farmers but bad for the state.

Ethereal
12-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Federal lands should be opened to the homeless and poor for farming.

Ivan88
12-28-2013, 08:52 PM
In California they have made it illegal for a lot of people to earn a living.
In Cincinnati, Ohio, they won't let you move into a cheap house till you spend tons of money on it.
I'm sure that over paid bullycrats have done a marvelous job of stopping humble people from solving humble problems all over America.
And, we deserve it and worse.

Mini Me
12-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Oh, my god. Run for your life. The liberal hysterics are at it again. Are these lumped in with the millions who didn't have health care and the millions who are starving in our streets and the millions who can't afford cable television?

Oh, the horror. Germanicus, you have reached the point that our susceptibility to panic is minimal. You have to realize you're competing with global warming, too. And, genetically modified plants. And, fracking to get oil. And, guns. Don't forget guns. We have to panic over that, too.

But, it isn't just you, Germanicus. We have Yoko Ono and Woody Allen and Sean Penn and Charlie Sheen and Michelle Obama and Rep. Nancy Pelosi and tens of thousands of other hysterics pushing their personal cause. It's a tough world for hysterics.

Zelmo, ex-President of Mexico, Vicente Fox, was correct when he said that Mexicans coming north took the jobs and Americans won't do.

You cant compete with illegals who will work for less than minimum wage if your American.

Mini Me
12-29-2013, 04:34 PM

Here in California, we have hundreds of National Forest campgrounds, State Parks, and little used military bases, and motels that can house thousands. The campgrounds could be set up with showers and laundry machines, and garbage pickup, and shuttle buses to the cities.

Five million new homeless would be a disaster, and most will have to be sent to FEMA concentration camps(Fusion Centers). You get a one way train ticket, but at least the trains run on time!

Watch the Rethuglican Party of Never, vote down any help for these poor folks! I guarantee it!

Chloe
12-29-2013, 05:46 PM

What do you mean by "federal lands"? Like national parks?

Chloe
12-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Here in California, we have hundreds of National Forest campgrounds, State Parks, and little used military bases, and motels that can house thousands. The campgrounds could be set up with showers and laundry machines, and garbage pickup, and shuttle buses to the cities.

Five million new homeless would be a disaster, and most will have to be sent to FEMA concentration camps(Fusion Centers). You get a one way train ticket, but at least the trains run on time!

Watch the Rethuglican Party of Never, vote down any help for these poor folks! I guarantee it!

I don't think turning a national forest/park into farmland or a giant homeless shelter would be a very good idea in my opinion. They are meant to be protected, not destroyed or used as housing. Even normal day and overnight campers rarely follow a "leave no trace" example out on trails let alone their campsites which then leads to a lot of damage, just imagine what thousands or millions of people living in it would do.

roadmaster
12-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Obama’s own party in the Senate voted to end the extended benefits, 60 of the 67 Senators who voted for the budget deal were Democrats. Even House Minority leader Nancy Pelosi voted for the bill. Now they are trying to blame others. Don't vote for something in hopes the other party votes you down now.

sachem
12-29-2013, 06:19 PM
Obama’s own party in the Senate voted to end the extended benefits, 60 of the 67 Senators who voted for the budget deal were Democrats. Even House Minority leader Nancy Pelosi voted for the bill. Now they are trying to blame others. Don't vote for something in hopes the other party votes you down now.It's called politics.

roadmaster
12-29-2013, 06:30 PM
It's called politics. We had 70,000 lose theirs earlier this year in NC because they passed no more here. Obama has been pushing this while wanting to hurry and pass the amnesty bill.

darroll
12-29-2013, 07:53 PM
In Oregon the woods (Forest Service lands) have been overran with squatters for many years.

roadmaster
12-29-2013, 08:11 PM
It's surprising most of the papers say "if Congress doesn't act soon" while not stating it was Obama and company that pushed this and overwhelmingly voted for this. They are betting Americans don't research anything.

roadmaster
12-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Federal lands should be opened to the homeless and poor for farming. I am tired of the way they are doing Americans. Take their jobs away and the majority are 50 and older, then take their houses too. The rich will buy their houses for a song that they worked for all their lives.

Chloe
12-29-2013, 08:26 PM
In Oregon the woods (Forest Service lands) have been overran with squatters for many years.

That's true in some areas, however, putting or allowing thousands if not millions more in those lands here in Oregon or around the country along with possibly clear cutting sections for farming as that one person hinted at is not the answer in my personal opinion.

nathanbforrest45
12-29-2013, 08:32 PM
I don't think turning a national forest/park into farmland or a giant homeless shelter would be a very good idea in my opinion. They are meant to be protected, not destroyed or used as housing. Even normal day and overnight campers rarely follow a "leave no trace" example out on trails let alone their campsites which then leads to a lot of damage, just imagine what thousands or millions of people living in it would do.

No no, we should allow them to die on the streets. Then we can compost their bodies and use them for fertilizer so the rich will always have asparagus and beets to eat.

I remember in the 80's and 90's every day we heard there were 6 million homeless on the streets of America. Turned out it wasn't 10% of that number and most of those were nut cases liberals lobbied to keep out of institutions.

roadmaster
12-29-2013, 08:36 PM
The U.S. is in a catch 22 that can only end one way. Thanks to "free" trade, open borders and constant government assault against gainful employment in the form of taxes and regulation, there simply isn't enough gainful work to go around, particularly towards the bottom of the job market. At the same time, the government is printing money wantonly because the crippled economy simply can't spin out enough revenue to support the entitlement budget.

Every projection shows the deficit exploding again shortly, particularly when you include the presently glossed over costs of the ObamaCare debacle.

At some point, the checks are going to be sharply curtailed. You don't want to be anywhere near a major population center when that happens.

They sent bus loads of California homeless to Columbia SC this year. SC doesn't have a big homeless population nor could they accommodate them. It is the state they live in that needs to take care of them instead of pushing them on states that do take care of their own.

Chloe
12-29-2013, 09:16 PM
No no, we should allow them to die on the streets. Then we can compost their bodies and use them for fertilizer so the rich will always have asparagus and beets to eat.

I remember in the 80's and 90's every day we heard there were 6 million homeless on the streets of America. Turned out it wasn't 10% of that number and most of those were nut cases liberals lobbied to keep out of institutions.

I wasn't saying that we shouldn't help them. I just disagreed with that method of "helping" them since I don't think it actually would help them in the first place and it would probably destroy a lot of protected natural habitat in the process.

zelmo1234
12-30-2013, 04:00 AM
You cant compete with illegals who will work for less than minimum wage if your American.

Actually you can, it requires:

Step one Get off your ass

Step 2 Get the job with the illegals

Step 3 Turn Farmer and illegals into immigration

Sept 4 a government that does not put the right of illegals above it's own citizens and enforces the law!

zelmo1234
12-30-2013, 04:05 AM

OR! They might have to turn to family and churches for the village to help out, they might have to accept that job paying minimum wage and move in with a family that is in the same situation.

If they choose to take no steps other than demand that others continue to take care of them? Then I support there decision to starve and be homeless. it is a free country!

But these left wing Cradle to Grave we will do everything for you politicians, and there are Democrats and republicans in this group? have created a mindless group of people that feel entitled to others taking care of them, and the truth is, we are now broke and that ship sailed at about 15 trillion in debt!

So it is time to step up to the plate and take responsibility for the direction of your life. Sorry the gravy train has left the building.

zelmo1234
12-30-2013, 04:07 AM

Great we can just send them to your house, tell your parents to expect company and to please have a stocked refrigerator. :)

zelmo1234
12-30-2013, 04:10 AM
That's true in some areas, however, putting or allowing thousands if not millions more in those lands here in Oregon or around the country along with possibly clear cutting sections for farming as that one person hinted at is not the answer in my personal opinion.

In stead of clear cutting? How about we use the millions of acres that are burned by wild fires each years because the environmental wacko's will not let the forests be managed and the dry dead underbrush is just waiting for a spark so it can reset the environment? That has already been clear cut my nature!

zelmo1234
12-30-2013, 04:12 AM
I wasn't saying that we shouldn't help them. I just disagreed with that method of "helping" them since I don't think it actually would help them in the first place and it would probably destroy a lot of protected natural habitat in the process.

Can you tell me what the habitat of an old growth forest is good for?

Peter1469
12-30-2013, 06:10 AM

Balance in nature.

Peter1469
12-30-2013, 06:12 AM
A reminder with regards to the people whose unemployment benefits expire today: it wasn't a surprise. You were told upfront how long it lasted.

zelmo1234
12-30-2013, 06:12 AM
Balance in nature.

And squirrels that would be about it! It is treated much the same as a desert by most wildlife!

Ethereal
12-30-2013, 11:42 AM

I'm very much in favor of land reform in this country. The state at all nominal levels of government is occupying too much land and this is totally at odds with the American spirit of independence. The poor and homeless should be given the freedom to cultivate the land which god and nature has provided. The only way this will work, though, is if the government cedes its claim to the lands. If people don't believe they have a private property interest in their lands, they will not take as good care of them.

Ethereal
12-30-2013, 11:50 AM

It's estimated that the federal government claims ownership over 654 million acres of land (http://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements/2013/jan/28/jd-van-brink/claim-about-federal-land-holdings-holds/), which is about thirty percent of all the land in the US. Some of that land needs to redistributed to the people, starting with the least among us.

Ethereal
12-30-2013, 11:57 AM

Not all the federal government's land holdings are precious ecosystems that need to be protected, and if displacing some wildlife helps people rise out of poverty, then it's a price I'm willing to pay.

Ethereal
12-30-2013, 12:03 PM

I never said we had to clear-cut large areas of the forest. People can engage in more sustainable modes of farming that do not require industrial scale reformation of the landscape. People I know are already doing this kind of small-scale farming in the mountains of Virginia, except they are doing so on private lands. My idea is simply to extend this freedom and independence to the poorest among us. People should be at liberty to hunt, farm, and otherwise cultivate the lands which nature has provided. Where does one derive the moral authority to deny free people the right to cultivate what nature and god has provided?

Mini Me
12-30-2013, 12:59 PM
It's estimated that the federal government claims ownership over 654 million acres of land (http://www.politifact.com/georgia/statements/2013/jan/28/jd-van-brink/claim-about-federal-land-holdings-holds/), which is about thirty percent of all the land in the US. Some of that land needs to redistributed to the people, starting with the least among us.

I agree, totally!

We should have something like a new Homestead Act for long term citizens only, and no trusts or corporate entities.

The 1872 Mining Act allowed folks to file mining claims for gold, silver, etc. and led to major discoveries worth trillions out here in the west. But now that is being gutted by enviro nutsos, as they grab up millions of acres of PUBLIC lands which means no one can do anything with those lands. All to "protect" un endangered bugs, slime algae, and critters. What made the west great was timber, mining, ranching, fishing and farming, and water. That's mostly gone now, as trillions of $$ of natural resources sits idle, and whole rural towns get shut down with peoples livelihoods forever destroyed.

This is why the people of N. California and S. Oregon want their own free state of Jefferson, to be freed from the tentacles of the liberal, big city bosses grasp.

nathanbforrest45
12-30-2013, 01:13 PM

To be honest I don't think that is the best course of action either. I kind of like radio personality Ken Hamblin's suggestion of feeding the homeless to the hungry. That way you eliminate two problems at once.

In all seriousness I believe the majority (notice I said majority) of the homeless would be better served by being institutionalized and given mental heath assistance. Many of them are bi polar, drug addicts, alcoholics or the like. Given them "3 hots and a cot" will not fundamentally change their circumstances unless something is also done to get them off drugs and alcohol and help with the mental disorders. I know conventional wisdom is that Reagan shut down the mental heath hospitals but the reality is laws were passed reducing the ability to involuntarily send patients to those hospitals, Since they were no longer used they were closed to save money. Those laws were a big mistake.

Organizations like The Salvation Army do a wonderful job of assisting those on the street. However, the recidivism rate is astronomical and the success stories number in the low teen's as a percentage. Those on the street must want to be helped and since they are move driven by their addictions then by reason the only way for them to finally want that help is to break that cycle of addiction.

I do not give money to those who ask on the street. I do offer food or other assistance. I am almost without fail turned down. We are told the Lord helps those who help themselves and I cannot force anyone to want to be helped. All you can do is force others to give money so you will feel good.

Mini Me
12-30-2013, 01:19 PM
I never said we had to clear-cut large areas of the forest. People can engage in more sustainable modes of farming that do not require industrial scale reformation of the landscape. People I know are already doing this kind of small-scale farming in the mountains of Virginia, except they are doing so on private lands. My idea is simply to extend this freedom and independence to the poorest among us. People should be at liberty to hunt, farm, and otherwise cultivate the lands which nature has provided. Where does one derive the moral authority to deny free people the right to cultivate what nature and god has provided?

The fine rural folks I know that live in God's Country have been good stewards of the land for well over 100 years now. It was big biz exploiters who caused the enviro damage a long time ago, not individuals.

People I know practice:

Catch and release fishing, and many run private ponds to grow fish stock to replenish the waters
Hunting is only OK, when you eat what you kill, and do not poach.
Timbering is fine when you do selective cutting, clean up your slash, and protect watersheds.It can also be incorporated into fire supression that works. Timber is a renewable resource. So is fishing and game animals when managed correctly. Small gold dredges are the only way to get mercury and lead out of waterways, and do not harm fish, contrary to what the enviro scare folks say. Even large scale mining in the US today is subject to enviro restraints, if you exclude oil and tar sands and fracking enterprises.

Massive forest fires and floods do a lot more damage than anything man does today!

Mini Me
12-30-2013, 01:33 PM
To be honest I don't think that is the best course of action either. I kind of like radio personality Ken Hamblin's suggestion of feeding the homeless to the hungry. That way you eliminate two problems at once.

In all seriousness I believe the majority (notice I said majority) of the homeless would be better served by being institutionalized and given mental heath assistance. Many of them are bi polar, drug addicts, alcoholics or the like. Given them "3 hots and a cot" will not fundamentally change their circumstances unless something is also done to get them off drugs and alcohol and help with the mental disorders. I know conventional wisdom is that Reagan shut down the mental heath hospitals but the reality is laws were passed reducing the ability to involuntarily send patients to those hospitals, Since they were no longer used they were closed to save money. Those laws were a big mistake.

Organizations like The Salvation Army do a wonderful job of assisting those on the street. However, the recidivism rate is astronomical and the success stories number in the low teen's as a percentage. Those on the street must want to be helped and since they are move driven by their addictions then by reason the only way for them to finally want that help is to break that cycle of addiction.

I do not give money to those who ask on the street. I do offer food or other assistance. I am almost without fail turned down. We are told the Lord helps those who help themselves and I cannot force anyone to want to be helped. All you can do is force others to give money so you will feel good.

Mostly agree!

I have not seen Salvation Army help many homeless. They will not help you unless you join their cult. I have had drunken truck drivers from SA come on my lodge property, totally out of control. I referred an alky to SA rehab, and he was treated like an inmate at Aushscwitz, and had to escape.

We should bring back the insane asylums! There are millions of whacked out con baggers who have slipped off the tracks and need help! Maybe that's what the FEMA camps are for? Whacko liberals prefer to be drugged into submission, and a little God talk may help them!:justkidding:

Incarceration of gays should provide "three hots and a cock"!
And Bachmann's forced "pray away the gay" seminars.

Peter1469
12-30-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm very much in favor of land reform in this country. The state at all nominal levels of government is occupying too much land and this is totally at odds with the American spirit of independence. The poor and homeless should be given the freedom to cultivate the land which god and nature has provided. The only way this will work, though, is if the government cedes its claim to the lands. If people don't believe they have a private property interest in their lands, they will not take as good care of them.

That will require hard work.... :smiley:

Chloe
12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
In stead of clear cutting? How about we use the millions of acres that are burned by wild fires each years because the environmental wacko's will not let the forests be managed and the dry dead underbrush is just waiting for a spark so it can reset the environment? That has already been clear cut my nature!

When nature burns down a forest it's natural, when humans clear cut it for malls, parking lot, neighborhoods, industrial parks, and so on it's unnatural. If millions of acres burn down then it will regrow. It can't regrow if you build on it.

Chloe
12-30-2013, 05:42 PM

What it's good for? I need to know what your idea of an "old growth" forest actually is then. Old growth forests are super important to life in general. They support a variety of species of plants and animals, they sustain strong ecosystems, the provide a good chunk of the oxygen we breathe and the carbon that we can't absorb, they support biodiversity, the rich, unpolluted soil provides great filtration for water systems that can come from, and so on. How are they not good in your eyes?

Chloe
12-30-2013, 05:47 PM
And squirrels that would be about it! It is treated much the same as a desert by most wildlife!

a desert? no, i'm sorry, but no, and there are more than just squirrels. Many of those forests are home to important species. Old Growth forests provide much of the key elements of life that we take for granted. Just because you may not be able to do a lot of big game hunting in an old growth forest and just because the logging industry would love to get their hands on some of those massive trees does not make it a desert and it doesn't make it unworthy of life. Forests like that supports more life and benefits the Earth more than any average tree farm or hunting reserve ever could dream of supporting.

Chloe
12-30-2013, 05:54 PM

I don't completely disagree but the cultivation of nature part is often very much abused in my opinion whether for money, greed, or out of irresponsibility. I don't necessarily believe that we have dominion over everything on Earth. I understand that we need food and water and utilizing the Earth is part of that, I get that, but I fear that once we start turning over acre after acre of land and forest to millions of people we will eventually be left with very little for future generations (both human and other species).

roadmaster
12-30-2013, 06:07 PM
Well first the number keeps growing and it's only 2.2 million. What I have a problem with is people who complain when they see a tent city. Leave them alone and yes let them build on government land. It's better than them living on the streets and getting jailed and beaten. Most tent cities have their own guards to protect their people. Even when NC dropped 70,000 it was bad but the crime rate didn't go up. But my problem is if we can bail out mortgage companies and banks why can't they help these people back until they can get on their feet and could have while they were getting unemployment. Their profits were great this year. No they will be like buzzards and try to get their homes. Knowing ahead of time didn't help most people because many places won't hire you if you were out over a year. The democrats are hoping people not do any research while they voted for this knowing seats are up but it was them this time. Can it go on forever, no.

Peter1469
12-30-2013, 06:32 PM
When nature burns down a forest it's natural, when humans clear cut it for malls, parking lot, neighborhoods, industrial parks, and so on it's unnatural. If millions of acres burn down then it will regrow. It can't regrow if you build on it.

A lot of forest fires never would happen if man cleared out the deadwood and the dry underbrush.

Professor Peabody
12-30-2013, 06:55 PM
http://www.stltoday.com/business/local/million-losing-unemployment-benefits-saturday/article_9a86ddcf-cc59-532c-a001-1a930f1d3fe3.html

Thats like 5 million by the end of the coming year. 1.3 million today. And there is no money for these people anywhere. What do they do? Where will they go? Who will they steal from? (:

Are we about to see tent cities popping up all over the USA again? That will not look good for the big economic recovery.

5 million by the end of the year. That is quite an army of angry people right there. Arent the jails in USA already full?

Impeach Obama and vote out Democrats and their failed economic policies so the country can recover.

Peter1469
12-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Impeach Obama and vote out Democrats and their failed economic policies so the country can recover.

Watch out for the GOP- they spend money like drunken democrats when they are in power.

Mainecoons
12-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Been there, done that. They like to throw money at the Department of Offense too.

Mainecoons
12-30-2013, 07:14 PM

Right. Then we can put the Republicans in power like we did in 2000 and enjoy their failed ideas and war mongering.

Nope. I like the idea that someone suggested the entire government should resign. Makes you really wish we had a Parliamentary system because if there ever were governments that should have been forced from office, the last two easily qualify.

roadmaster
12-30-2013, 07:17 PM
Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., and Sen. R-Nev., have said they plan to introduce a bill
that will reauthorize the extended unemployment benefits for an additional six
months at a cost of $6 billion when Congress reconvenes.

roadmaster
12-30-2013, 07:41 PM
We were told all through election season, by the Dems, that the economy was improving and 500,000 jobs had been added. Where are the jobs and why are so many out of work. If they don't pass it hey the dems can say the unemployment numbers are down because all of these won't be counted. :grin: May go under 7% unless they pass for illegals to become citizens so they can bring all their family here. 2 million more won't hurt.

sachem
12-30-2013, 08:59 PM
We were told all through election season, by the Dems, that the economy was improving and 500,000 jobs had been added. Where are the jobs and why are so many out of work. If they don't pass it hey the dems can say the unemployment numbers are down because all of these won't be counted. :grin: May go under 7% unless they pass for illegals to become citizens so they can bring all their family here. 2 million more won't hurt.Seems enough people bought it.

Ivan88
12-31-2013, 03:13 AM
I was talking to a zoning commissar in San Bernardino, California once, and he said
"It is better that you live under a bridge or in a car than live in a house we don't approve of."

Cigar
12-31-2013, 10:14 AM

Good ... now we have Conservative saying these is not Jobs problem ... and that there's plenty of Jobs.

:laugh: