PDA

View Full Version : A Feminist Defense of Masculine Virtues

Peter1469
12-28-2013, 10:00 AM
I agree with some of what Camille Page has to say here, but certainly not all of it. I will highlight what I do agree with:

'What you're seeing is how a civilization commits suicide," says Camille Paglia. This self-described "notorious Amazon feminist" isn't telling anyone to Lean In or asking Why Women Still Can't Have It All. No, her indictment may be as surprising as it is wide-ranging: The military is out of fashion, Americans undervalue manual labor, schools neuter male students, opinion makers deny the biological differences between men and women, and sexiness is dead. And that's just 20 minutes of our three-hour conversation.

But she goes to far when she says this (the last sentence):

When Ms. Paglia, now 66, burst onto the national stage in 1990 with the publishing of "Sexual Personae," she immediately established herself as a feminist who was the scourge of the movement's establishment, a heretic to its orthodoxy. Pick up the 700-page tome, subtitled "Art and Decadence From Nefertiti to Emily Dickinson, " and it's easy to see why. "If civilization had been left in female hands," she wrote, "we would still be living in grass huts."

Anyway, an interesting take from Camille Page.

Kabuki Joe
12-28-2013, 10:08 AM
I agree with some of what Camille Page has to say here, but certainly not all of it. I will highlight what I do agree with:

But she goes to far when she says this (the last sentence):

Anyway, an interesting take from Camille Page.

...like I have said, masculine vs feminine is a mental thing...there are males that paint their nails and females that get dirt under theirs...it's mental, not sexist...now that we got that out of the way, I think the idea has merit, the "doers", regardless of sex, are more driven, which is probably a masculine trait, don't wait for things to change, change them yourself...just my opinion...