PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on NSA and Imperialism

Ethereal
12-29-2013, 03:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3xsGtB65co

Codename Section
12-29-2013, 04:02 PM
They were caught in so many lies in front of Congress. From the WH radio silence we know the president doesn't give a shit.

--devil dog, I fixed your typo.

GrassrootsConservative
12-29-2013, 04:10 PM
Love Ron Paul.

Codename Section
12-29-2013, 04:11 PM
((bracing for comment where he is considered a rightwing extremist))

Fredy
12-29-2013, 04:23 PM
I have a friend that says Ron Paul makes sense for five minutes on any given subject, and then goes off the rails.

I note that the video clocks in at 4:50...

Codename Section
12-29-2013, 04:27 PM
I have a friend that says Ron Paul makes sense for five minutes on any given subject, and then goes off the rails.

I note that the video clocks in at 4:50...

That's unfortunate since the guy predicted everything that's happened in the last decade back in 2002. He's a "prophet", ie someone willing to speak the uncomfortable truth, but you'd have to be open-minded and prone to cognitive thinking to bother giving him a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4h-AcGVlCU

I always know when someone is telling the truth about our government. People want them to shut up and hate them for it. The truth is always uncomfortable.

Fredy
12-29-2013, 04:35 PM
That's unfortunate since the guy predicted everything that's happened in the last decade back in 2002. He's a "prophet", ie someone willing to speak the uncomfortable truth, but you'd have to be open-minded and prone to cognitive thinking to bother giving him a chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4h-AcGVlCU

I always know when someone is telling the truth about our government. People want them to shut up and hate them for it. The truth is always uncomfortable.

Yeah, I'm just too stupid and closeminded to be impressed with him, I guess.

Codename Section
12-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I'm just too stupid and closeminded to be impressed with him, I guess.

Well, no one's perfect. Maybe in a next life...

Fredy
12-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Well, no one's perfect. Maybe in a next life...

I doubt it.

P.T. Barnum was right.

Codename Section
12-29-2013, 05:02 PM
I doubt it.

P.T. Barnum was right.

((yawn))

I'm sure I've done more research then his detractors who read Salon and Huffpo and "think they know", research like looking up his voting record, reading his books, verifying his friends like Kucinich and Napolitano. So the PT Barnum thing while cute means fuck all.

I have a friend who can tell you everything there is to know about WWII because he researched it. I have another friend who thinks he knows everything because he has the History Channel.

You're free to change the channel if you don't like the thread is what I'm saying.

Fredy
12-29-2013, 05:08 PM
((yawn))

I'm sure I've done more research then his detractors who read Salon and Huffpo and "think they know", research like looking up his voting record, reading his books, verifying his friends like Kucinich and Napolitano. So the PT Barnum thing while cute means fuck all.

I have a friend who can tell you everything there is to know about WWII because he researched it. I have another friend who thinks he knows everything because he has the History Channel.

You're free to change the channel if you don't like the thread is what I'm saying.

I have no problem with the thread; I'm sorry my opinion is so upsetting to you.

I'm overjoyed that you have friends.

Codename Section
12-29-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm sorry my opinion is so upsetting to you.

Do you believe you are an empath? You know that's only in science fiction.

Chris
12-29-2013, 05:58 PM
((bracing for comment where he is considered a rightwing extremist))

And an ISOLATIONIST!

Chris
12-29-2013, 05:59 PM
I have no problem with the thread; I'm sorry my opinion is so upsetting to you.

I'm overjoyed that you have friends.

But exactly what is your opinion. You seem to dislike Ron Paul but can't seem to say why.

Fredy
12-29-2013, 08:21 PM
But exactly what is your opinion. You seem to dislike Ron Paul but can't seem to say why.

Are you an empath?

I neither like nor dislike the man.

Like most libertarians, he lives in a dream world.

I confess that I don't understand why anyone would take him or any other libertarian seriously, but I bear him no animus.

jillian
12-29-2013, 08:26 PM
I doubt it.

P.T. Barnum was right.

i feel the same way about him… biggest hypocrite around.

Captain Obvious
12-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Ron Paul is a great example of an establishment candidate.

Rhetoric Ron.

jillian
12-29-2013, 08:46 PM

Rhetoric Ron.

the guy who never met an earmark he didn't like and who believed in term limits for everyone but himself and then put his son into the family business.

Chris
12-29-2013, 09:19 PM
Are you an empath?

I confess that I don't understand why anyone would take him or any other libertarian seriously, but I bear him no animus.

Nice rant, what do you dislike about libertarians?

jillian
12-29-2013, 09:20 PM

he said he doesn't dislike him.

i think you might want to characterize it as he thinks his ideas are silly. that isn't dislike

Chris
12-29-2013, 09:23 PM

Rhetoric Ron.

I'd put it as he was an established anti-establishment candidate.

Some establishment types really hate him.

Captain Obvious
12-29-2013, 09:25 PM
I'd put it as he was an established anti-establishment candidate.

Some establishment types really hate him.

Fair enough

Chris
he said he doesn't dislike him.

i think you might want to characterize it as he thinks his ideas are silly. that isn't dislike

Either way it's just emotional. Just trying to see if there's anything rational there.

Fredy

Words have meanings; write that down so you don't forget.

I've already given my opinion on libertarians; if you need further clarification, I suggest a local ESOL class.

Fredy
12-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Either way it's just emotional. Just trying to see if there's anything rational there.

There's nothing emotional about it.

Do you always impute like this?

I realize that you're a pedant, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

srsly

Chris
12-29-2013, 09:29 PM
Fair enough

I get what you're saying as it's antithetical to be libertarian and seek and hold statist office. Back in the 90s I joined the Libertarian Party but eventually realized it was contradictory and quit.

Chris
12-29-2013, 09:30 PM
There's nothing emotional about it.

Do you always impute like this?

I realize that you're a pedant, but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

srsly

So no rational criticism to offer up for discussion?

Chris
12-29-2013, 10:04 PM
But let's get back to the topic which is really not Paul but his thoughts on imperialism. Here he is in another interview on it....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDs6c5UD6I&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DuEDs6c5UD6I

Codename Section
12-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Are you an empath?

Yes, most of those libertarians live in dream worlds where they do things like juggle kittens instead of start businesses and travel the world.

((smirks))

It is you who seems to be living in one, but whatever. I'm sure Berwick is having a good laugh over it. Now, back on topic, did you bother to watch the video or just trolling?

Codename Section
12-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Words have meanings; write that down so you don't forget.

I've already given my opinion on libertarians; if you need further clarification, I suggest a local ESOL class.

I think you're in the wrong thread then. This is about the NSA and a video. What did you get out of it?

Green Arrow
12-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Well, he's right, as usual. If a man like Ron Paul can get a radical leftist like me to not only like him, but support him, there's something there worth looking at.

Which is why, of course, his detractors crawl out of the woodwork like damn cockroaches any time he speaks.

Fredy
12-30-2013, 12:02 PM
I think you're in the wrong thread then. This is about the NSA and a video. What did you get out of it?

Random insults from Ron Paul worshippers who seem to have a strong emotional investment in him.

I was shocked.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__vjcuVchhnA/TPEoCPHerQI/AAAAAAAAC0A/7fWj62USfhA/s1600/Claude+Rains+-+casablanca145.jpeg

:laugh:

/unsubcribe

Chris
12-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Random insults from Ron Paul worshippers who seem to have a strong emotional investment in him.

I was shocked.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__vjcuVchhnA/TPEoCPHerQI/AAAAAAAAC0A/7fWj62USfhA/s1600/Claude+Rains+-+casablanca145.jpeg

:laugh:

/unsubcribe

That's what you got out of the OP video?

Captain Obvious
12-30-2013, 01:29 PM
That's what you got out of the OP video?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t2SRfFoVjA0/TqB3lSypPAI/AAAAAAAAAds/1NWqRfixNm8/s320/Freddy_Got_Fingered.jpg

Codename Section
12-30-2013, 01:37 PM
This thread is about the NSA and the video on the NSA is an interview with a former representative. People hear "Ron Paul" and lose their minds. Bringing up that the thread is about the NSA and not Ron Paul is appropriate because we never get to talk about it on here. It always breaks down into something else.

Now if you don't care about spying, gtfo and go start a thread on why Ron Paul sucks or whatever. I give fucks. I personally find the charter of the NSA anti-American and their behavior creepy. Each day we find out (usually from foreign presses like Spiegel or the BBC) something new.

The fact that they've been cooking this for a long time pisses me off. It also pisses me off personally when there's this whole big section called "the pub" and a better section called "the hole" where I can call so and so a dick and tell them to suck a few without anyone getting banned. People can call Ron Paul a crusty old fart or whatever.

This thread is about the NSA and spying and the interview happens to be by Ron Paul.