PDA

View Full Version : Stories of the year for 2013

Ransom
12-30-2013, 10:43 AM
As we end yet another year, what were your favorite or in your opinion most relevant and influential stories from 2013? Here are a few of mine.

1) The politics of personal destruction- our two parties at each other's throats, unable to compromise, this having much influence on the year regarding politics and actual policy. Persons in this forum even labeled 'extremists' for merely having different thought processes or taking an alternative view. Mere thoughts can get you labeled an extremist these days.......the skins of so many way too thin and/or sensitive.

2) Our US national debt- that Obama has increased by an average of a trillion a year in each year of his presidency, some members here unaware that Obama has exploded the national debt, I think it's a critical story for 2013 and our future beyond.

3) Our failing education system- despite members in this forum claming they're unaffected as their children will attend private schools, our descending eduational standards are perhaps the greatest threat to our national security, economy, and future.

What are your most relevant and influential stories of 2013?

Peter1469
12-30-2013, 04:23 PM
I would say the inability of our leaders to understand that we are spending much more money than we can afford as a nation and that it will end very poorly for us.