PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare is awful

Cigar
01-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Today marks the beginning of health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act’s new insurance exchanges, for which two million Americans have signed up. Now that the individual mandate is officially here, let me begin with an admission: Obamacare is awful.

That is the dirty little secret many liberals have avoided saying out loud for fear of aiding the president’s enemies, at a time when the ideal of universal health care needed all the support it could get. Unfortunately, this meant that instead of blaming companies like Novartis, which charges leukemia patients $90,000 annually for the drug Gleevec, or health insurance chief executives like Stephen Hemsley of UnitedHealth Group, who made nearly $102 million in 2009, for the sky-high price of American health care, the president’s Democratic supporters bought into the myth that it was all those people going to get free colonoscopies and chemotherapy for the fun of it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/opinion/moore-the-obamacare-we-deserve.html

:laugh:

patrickt
01-01-2014, 08:26 PM
My god. Cigar is right, finally. Obamacare is awful.

texan
01-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Wouldn't you say that if what you said is true that we possibly went about this the wrong way? It seems that we are kind of doing this on the backs of the middle class, not making this a day of reckoning for the insurance companies. I would be for confronting them.

texan
01-01-2014, 09:43 PM
I was COO of Mystic Tan and the comp plan they gave me was insane pay. It basically said if I wanted to almost double my salary to cut everyone possible, the more the better. That is a problem in many of the business'.

There was no real honor in any of the business. No loyalty etc. The one I am in now isn't much different.

Cigar
01-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Gota love this place for kicks. :)

strollingbonez
01-02-2014, 03:17 AM
odd how quickly people forget the horrors that occurred when insurance companies made all the decisions about who to pay and what to pay for.....seems those things are but a distant memory now...

strollingbonez
01-02-2014, 03:17 AM
now lets see if they are a distant reality?

peoshi
01-02-2014, 03:25 AM
Gota love this place for kicks. :)I guess...:undecided:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Aj9_8t1eQc

Professor Peabody
01-02-2014, 03:26 AM
odd how quickly people forget the horrors that occurred when insurance companies made all the decisions about who to pay and what to pay for.....seems those things are but a distant memory now...

Comical! People will quickly learn what it means to have a Government bureaucrat make all the decisions about who to pay and what to pay for. You know the same people that sic'ed the IRS on Conservative groups. Imagine when the balance of power swings back the other way in Nov 2014, how are ya gonna act when he Government decides that registered Democrats simply won't get life saving treatments? Will ya'all be OK with that?

That's why Government should have absolutely NO place in peoples Health Care.

GrassrootsConservative
01-02-2014, 03:34 AM

The OP has a link for why Obamacare is awful. Where's your link about these "horrors?" I don't remember any such horrors from any insurance companies. You're going to have to give me more than just your word. Show me something ​real.

/Edit: I had insurance before. Now I do not. What am I missing?

Germanicus
01-02-2014, 04:46 AM
Micheal Moore is part of the capitalist class and he is controlled opposition. The fat loser wrote an article today about Obamacare.

Liberals are actually admitting that they knew Obamcare has awfal but stayed silent until there was nothing the public could do about it? And now Moore is happy to admit that Obamacare is for Insurance Companies. But he has stayed silent so Obama could fool you. And now he says it is time to push for 'universal healthcare'. Does he mean public? Like sometihing that doesnt make you all beholden to Insurance Companies.

See the rich pay cash when they see a doctor. They dont care. Moore would pay cash.

Moore is the scum of the earth. Fat fuck pretending to be your friend when all he is is part of the ruling class and plays controlled opposition.

The Obamacare We Deserve

By MICHAEL MOORE

Published: December 31, 2013 386 Comments (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/opinion/moore-the-obamacare-we-deserve.html#commentsContainer)

That is the dirty little secret many liberals have avoided saying out loud for fear of aiding the president’s enemies, at a time when the ideal of universal health care needed all the support it could get. Unfortunately, this meant that instead of blaming companies like Novartis, which charges leukemia patients $90,000 annually for the drug Gleevec, or health insurance chief executives like Stephen Hemsley of UnitedHealth Group, who made nearly $102 million in 2009 (http://articles.courant.com/2010-04-15/business/hc-unitedhealth-ceo-salary-0415_1_unitedhealth-group-health-insurers-hemsley), for the sky-high price of American health care, the president’s Democratic supporters bought into the myth that it was all those people going to get free colonoscopies and chemotherapy for the fun of it.
I believe Obamacare’s rocky start — clueless planning, a lousy website, insurance companies raising rates, and the president’s telling people they could keep their coverage when, in fact, not all could — is a result of one fatal flaw: The Affordable Care Act is a pro-insurance-industry plan implemented by a president who knew in his heart that a single-payer, Medicare-for-all model was the true way to go.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/opinion/moore-the-obamacare-we-deserve.html

"we" Who is the fat fuck talking about? He is just trying to do the same thing as the establishment Republicans. To get you to go along with Obamacare for now and "we" will fix it later if "we" can. The fat fuck is trying to help the Insurance Companies. When you all take back government the first thing you all should do is put that fat fuck on a leaky boat and point him toward Cuba.

Pro-Insurance company is right. And any fool with a brain could see that all along.

edit- the title is also a joke on you. Like how the public gets the government they deserve. ( that means if you dont pay attention and only worry about yourself you will get a fucked government that hates you. And to be honest I can understand why rich Americans hate the rest of you so much but still ) So th jokes on you. Too caught up in your stupid left-right games to know what is going on or just dont give a fuck. You deserve Obamacare.

edit- and Ted Cruiz was just allowing people to release some steam. You think he is your friend? yeah right. He fucking hates you just like all of your ruling class does. He thinks you are stupid.

edit- listen to the Pope. Stop having so much faith in your ruling class that enjoys stomping on your face so much.

Stellar year on Wall Street last year.. Hooray!!! Good to the last drop.

edit- and you think I hate you? (: I hate them because of what they do to you. ( and their hell bound cheerleaders/propagandists ) For using you as a shield. For treating the rest of the world worse than they treat you, their slaves.

While all of you struggle to pay for Obamacare your ruling class will be having "lunchtime surgery" They brag about it on Fox News. like you slaves will be impressed or something.. (: And it seems that you are. MTV Cribs is a great show hey? Almost as good as The Kardasians.

Worship the rich. Why wouldnt you, what with how much they hate you all and jump on your faces and stuff. Why not lick their shoes?

jillian
01-02-2014, 05:43 AM
"controlled opposition"???

when did it become ok to just say things and say things and say things that have zero basis in reality?

Agravan
01-02-2014, 06:07 AM
"controlled opposition"???

when did it become ok to just say things and say things and say things that have zero basis in reality?

Why don't YOU tell US? You've been doing this exact same thing since you joined this forum.

Mainecoons
01-02-2014, 07:21 AM
I believe Obamacare’s rocky start — clueless planning, a lousy website, insurance companies raising rates, and the president’s telling people they could keep their coverage when, in fact, not all could — is a result of one fatal flaw: The Affordable Care Act is a pro-insurance-industry plan implemented by a president who knew in his heart that a single-payer, Medicare-for-all model was the true way to go.

Every word of this is absolutely true and correct IMO. Obama has made it absolutely plain that his goal is single payer. Perhaps he thinks he can get there by wrecking the current system with ObamaCare.

Let's face it, if the real goal was to take care of the 15 percent of Americans with no health care, the law would have focused on that and left the rest alone.

lynn
01-02-2014, 08:12 PM
At this point since we are mandated, a single payer makes sense but do we really want the government to run it? They have clearly shown the public that they can't be responsible with our tax money in the manner in which they have handled Medicare and social security surpluses.

As far as the ACA is concerned, this is for the insurance companies profit margins and the new tax revenue that the government is going to get from this law. The expanded population getting Medicaid will not cost the government anymore then it did in 2009 when they had 61 million on Medicaid. If fact even with the surplus of enrollees it will be less than they had in 2009.

Yes, it is great that insurance companies cannot deny people anymore with pre-existing conditions but the fact is these people were paying full cost of healthcare and now they will still pay for their healthcare but at a reduced rate under insurance coverage. If you factor in that they are also paying monthly premiums, how much are they saving now they are covered?

The number of uninsured has increased from the original 48 million in 2010 to over 58 million in 2013. This does not include all those that had recently had their coverage cancelled which I believe it is around 5 million so far. 4 million enrolling in Medicaid is nothing compared to the 20 million who would qualify but can't enroll because their state has refused expansion. The 7 million goal that has since been reduced isn't considered successful in my opinion.

We don't know yet what those 2 million now enrolled in the exchange of what their circumstances are as far as age, health status, previously had coverage, etc to formulate a correct opinion of it. Even with that information, I still would not classify this as a success since they are millions more that still will be without coverage.