PDA

View Full Version : Strictly from a political strategy standpoint, not right or wrong

texan
01-02-2014, 01:46 PM
If I were advising the republicans and the ACA was not working as advertised going into these elections I would NEVER advise them to introduce a plan. I would keep the spotlight on the dems to defend.

I keep hearing people say they have to provide a specific plan, no they don't. Trust me most voters are not that engaged or smart. That would be a bad political move. ANY plan right wrong or indifferent has flaws and would be torn apart.

What would your advice be?

Cigar
01-02-2014, 01:47 PM
I had a Boss once say ... don't bring me problems ... bring me solutions :wink:

One gets you ahead in life :grin:

texan
01-02-2014, 01:53 PM
What would you tell them? You know the dems would demolition anything presented, hell it wouldn't matter what it was at the time. It could have been a great plan, wouldn't matter. That is the context I think.

texan
01-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Be funny if the republicans came out with Single Payer and took credit.

jillian
01-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Be funny if the republicans came out with Single Payer and took credit.

like judy tenuta used to say...

"it could happen!"

snali
01-02-2014, 03:28 PM
If I were advising the republicans and the ACA was not working as advertised going into these elections I would NEVER advise them to introduce a plan. I would keep the spotlight on the dems to defend.

I keep hearing people say they have to provide a specific plan, no they don't. Trust me most voters are not that engaged or smart. That would be a bad political move. ANY plan right wrong or indifferent has flaws and would be torn apart.

well midterm election voters are usually the base of each party so thrashing obamacare would be the base for the republican for the midterms to get the base riled up while the democrats are going to talk about inequality to get their base riled up

Mainecoons
01-02-2014, 04:08 PM

Agree. And while they are at it, they should sue to force Obama to implement the law as rewritten.

Mainecoons
01-02-2014, 04:08 PM
well midterm election voters are usually the base of each party so thrashing obamacare would be the base for the republican for the midterms to get the base riled up while the democrats are going to talk about inequality to get their base riled up

That's a laugh. The rich have gotten richer far faster since Obama took office.

Peter1469
01-02-2014, 05:52 PM

They don't need to propose anything at this point- they can't get anything to the floor of the Senate. Let the Dems hang themselves.

snali
01-02-2014, 07:04 PM
That's a laugh. The rich have gotten richer far faster since Obama took office.
Agreed but the democratic base could easily be convinced otherwise