PDA

View Full Version : Obama to Unveil Corporate Tax Plan

Conley
02-21-2012, 10:05 PM
The Treasury Department will unveil President Barack Obama's corporate tax reform plan on Wednesday, senior administration officials told CNN.

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner told a Senate panel last week the plan will be an effort to find "common ground" on broad principles between Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill.

"We want to maximize the chance we can take advantage of that (common ground) to build consensus on something that's going to work," Geithner told the Senate Finance Committee.

The Obama administration has been talking about unveiling a plan to fix the corporate tax system for well over a year.

Senior administration officials Tuesday would not provide details of the president's plan. They said it will be consistent with his commitment to fairness and the message he laid out in the State of the Union address.

In the State of the Union address and in subsequent speeches, Obama has called for ending tax breaks for companies that outsource jobs overseas and lowering rates for U.S. businesses that create jobs at home.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/21/politics/obama-corporate-taxes/index.html

Sorry, I'm just not buying it. Obama is only proposing this to get mileage for his reelection campaign. When it invariably fails or they hammer out some "compromise" that isn't remotely effective, Obama will then blame the Republicans. In the meantime he will keep working for G.E. and the others.

MMC
02-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Senior administration officials Tuesday would not provide details of the president's plan. They said it will be consistent with his commitment to fairness and the message he laid out in the State of the Union address.....snip~

The Buffet Plan.....30% right? I think he pronounces it Buff-fey. :grin:

Conley
02-21-2012, 10:09 PM
:laugh: All you can eat for $35,000 a plate, that's how Obama's dinners have been going lately.

Peter1469
02-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Just remember that we pay corporate taxes.

MMC
02-21-2012, 10:21 PM
:laugh: All you can eat for $35,000 a plate, that's how Obama's dinners have been going lately.

One things for sure if I am an Obama Donor at that much for a dinner. My azz is going home with the plate, silverware, glasses, and the fricken table cloth that is on the table. :laugh:

wingrider
02-22-2012, 12:26 AM

you are right on that score.. Corpaorations do not pay taxes period..any thing they have to pay is immediatly passed on the their consumers,, that means you and I and everyone else that buys their products.. so by increasing the Corp tax it is in effect a tax on consumers.

wingrider
02-22-2012, 12:27 AM
One things for sure if I am an Obama Donor at that much for a dinner. My azz is going home with the plate, silverware, glasses, and the fricken table cloth that is on the table. :laugh:

lmao ..................

MMC
02-22-2012, 10:02 AM
I heard this morning he wants to drop the corporate tax down to 26-28%. Under the 30% it is now. Says Republicans should agree with this.

Conley
02-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I heard this morning he wants to drop the corporate tax down to 26-28%. Under the 30% it is now. Says Republicans should agree with this.

Hmm interesting. Along with that small drop I wonder if he is proposing closing any loopholes?

Conley
02-22-2012, 10:04 AM

Well by that argument, do you propose eliminating corporate taxes altogether?

jgreer
02-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Republicans don't want taxes but cant explain how they will pay for all their spending

Mister D
02-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Which Republicans don't want taxes?

jgreer
02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Which Republicans don't want taxes?

Most of them. They dont want taxes but can't explain how they are going to pay for everything.

Mister D
02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Could you be specific? Which Republicans don't want taxes?

jgreer
02-22-2012, 02:13 PM
Boehner

Mister D
02-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Boehner
\
Boehner is against taxes? Could you cite evidence of this?

jgreer
02-22-2012, 02:18 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/19/house-republicans-aim-to-reshape-senates-payroll-tax-cut-bill/

Your fav website

Mister D
02-22-2012, 02:24 PM
You've been to Foxnews.com at least 1 time more than I've been there this year so far. :grin:

Anyway, he is calling for tax cuts. Where does it say or suggest that he's against taxes?

jgreer
02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Cmon dude .....really?

Mister D
02-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Cmon dude .....really?

Yes, really. So he's not against taxes, right?

Peter1469
02-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Well by that argument, do you propose eliminating corporate taxes altogether?

I have for a long time.

Peter1469
02-22-2012, 04:27 PM

The current rate is 35%. Obama's plan will lower most business's rate to 28% and for domestic manufacturers (define?) the rate will be 26%. But there are increases on other taxes like dividends (hello retired people) and some sort of minimum tax on income taken as something other than income.

Conley
02-22-2012, 04:35 PM
The current rate is 35%. Obama's plan will lower most business's rate to 28% and for domestic manufacturers (define?) the rate will be 26%. But there are increases on other taxes like dividends (hello retired people) and some sort of minimum tax on income taken as something other than income.

Just more obfuscation in my opinion. Some say the rate needs to be raised, some say lowered, but most everyone agrees it needs to be simplified. Adding to the bureaucracy with minimal benefit results in a substantially negative net outcome.

MMC
02-22-2012, 04:46 PM

Well we knew there would be a catch. Plus now Romney is coming out with the same sort of Idea.

Peter1469
02-22-2012, 05:12 PM
It looks like they are going to make life insurance policies taxable now. Not sure if your spouse is the beneficiary though.

Alias
02-22-2012, 05:14 PM
The old shell game.

Mainecoons
02-22-2012, 07:01 PM
Let's see, even with the lower corp rate, the combination of the two goes as high as 60 percent. Hey, that should be great for encouraging people to create jobs in America, eh?

Liberals never learn.

wingrider
02-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Republicans don't want taxes but cant explain how they will pay for all their spending

excuse me ?? whos spending??? mind telling me what spending you are blaming on the republicans..? you are making a blanket statement with nothing to back it up .. lets see some facts and figures on this ..this ought to be good.. LOL