PDA

View Full Version : Gang of Six Advice.....

MMC
07-21-2011, 07:44 AM
The Gang of Six has told both houses and this White House Administration......that a short term fix is in order. That we offer up like 500 billion to what I take would be paying on our interest. Then take 6 months to reform The Tax code.....Is this with raising the debt ceiling.

Late yesterdy at 5.00pm Eastern Time. Obama's staff released that Boehner and Cantor was called to the White House. Then there is the fact the Democrats do not want to release the fine details of what they are cutting. What happened to that talk about transparency? So again I have to ask was a short stop gap measure being implemented which until they can reform the tax code. Which they have acknowledged will take at least 6 months minimum. What will this have solved with the debt and current spending levels? :-\

wingrider
07-22-2011, 03:56 AM
first .. where does the 500 B come from?
second.. there is no transparency.. that is another obanana lie

3rd.. No it wil not solve a thing, it will be an increase on the debt ceiling and will just be kicking the candown the road for 6 months so we can move closer to the elections,

Obama is doing his best to ignore this unti after the 2012 elections.. remember for 2 years the democrat controlled congress didn't even write a budget what makes you think this will be any different?

MMC
07-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Yeah.....I didn't get to hear the rest of it other than I know about putting a down payment on the debt and reforming the tax code. Althought the One they had talking on CNN was a Repub and he was talking about closing Corporate loopholes......plus then Boehner came out gain and said he is not raising taxes.

Conley
07-22-2011, 08:54 AM
generally i don't trust congress when they say give us this now and we'll do this six months from now...seems they always put off taking their medicine indefinitely

MMC
07-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Yep thats why i think they will onl come up with a stop gap measure.....then go into election mode to dupe all out their money and to get their vote. >:(

Conley
07-22-2011, 09:04 AM
exactly...never trust a congressman, and especially don't trust 'em around campaigning time. which these days is longer than the time they're actually in session and getting anything accomplished.