PDA

View Full Version : She Gone!

Cigar
01-06-2014, 11:37 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/41405/large/lizcheney.jpg?1374593403

Virginia Republican Liz Cheney is running for U.S. Senate in Wyoming

Liz Cheney is out:

“Serious health issues have recently arisen in our family, and under the circumstances, I have decided to discontinue my campaign,” Ms. Cheney said in a statement. “My children and their futures were the motivation for our campaign and their health and well-being will always be my overriding priority.”

And while Cheney did not address the nature of those "health issues," some believe that poll results showing her getting stomped by sitting Sen. Mike Enzi in a primary was making her sick.
For more discussion on this, see Stevenigen's diary.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/06/1267526/-Liz-Cheney-drops-out-of-Wyoming-nbsp-Senate-nbsp-race

I bet she's back in Washington before Fall; those -40% Poll Numbers can make you really Sick

The Sage of Main Street
01-06-2014, 11:57 AM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/41405/large/lizcheney.jpg?1374593403

Liz Cheney is out:

“Serious health issues have recently arisen in our family, and under the circumstances, I have decided to discontinue my campaign,” Ms. Cheney said in a statement. “My children and their futures were the motivation for our campaign and their health and well-being will always be my overriding priority.”

And while Cheney did not address the nature of those "health issues," some believe that poll results showing her getting stomped by sitting Sen. Mike Enzi in a primary was making her sick.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/06/1267526/-Liz-Cheney-drops-out-of-Wyoming-nbsp-Senate-nbsp-race

I bet she's back in Washington before Fall; those -40% Poll Numbers can make you really Sick

We should have a term-limit on family political dynasties. No one should be allowed to hold public office if a parent held public office. A hereditary aristocracy is a cancer that leads to the worst kind of tyranny. It is too dangerous to give the benefit of the doubt to such candidates. We must ban them all just to make sure. A society run by birth and not worth isn't worth being born in.

Cigar
01-06-2014, 12:01 PM
We should have a term-limit on family political dynasties. No one should be allowed to hold public office if a parent held public office. A hereditary aristocracy is a cancer that leads to the worst kind of tyranny. It is too dangerous to give the benefit of the doubt to such candidates. We must ban them all just to make sure. A society run by birth and not worth isn't worth being born in.

She been living on Government longer than any Welfare Queen :laugh:

jillian
01-06-2014, 12:09 PM

so has rand paul.

Mr. Right
01-06-2014, 12:10 PM
She gone? I'd like to meet your English teacher.

Mr. Right
01-06-2014, 12:11 PM
so has rand paul.

And Charley Rangle hasn't?

pragmatic
01-06-2014, 12:12 PM

Liz Cheney is out:

Both like and respect the lady. She certainly has vocal positions/opinions.

As for the abandon candidacy. Her choice. Her reasons. The sun will rise tomorrow.

(Isn't really going to have much impact on my future goals and dreams......)

//

jillian
01-06-2014, 12:12 PM

about as long as ron paul. but i don't recall rangel ever making his hatred for government his cause celebre.

Mr. Right
01-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Hell, no you haven't! Rangle has used government to enrich himself.... how quickly they forget.

jillian
01-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Hell, no you haven't! Rangle has used government to enrich himself.... how quickly they forget.

again...we're talking about hypocrisy.

focus.

Cigar
01-06-2014, 12:17 PM

He's not even in the top 25 of the Richest ... but go ahead down the Rabbit Hole :laugh: this is going to great, considering numbers are a good indicator. :grin:

Cigar
01-06-2014, 12:18 PM
again...we're talking about hypocrisy.

focus.

Any Guess were the Focus is?

texan
01-06-2014, 12:52 PM
I actually think she is smart, but I am glad she is gone. I am against all carpet baggers.

Captain Obvious
01-06-2014, 12:53 PM
I actually think she is smart, but I am glad she is gone. I am against all carpet baggers.

or did you mean carpet munchers?

Wrong sister, huh?

jillian
01-06-2014, 01:08 PM
He's not even in the top 25 of the Richest ... but go ahead down the Rabbit Hole :laugh: this is going to great, considering numbers are a good indicator. :grin:

not even in the top 50.

but he's black. so we have to mention him.

BB-35
01-06-2014, 04:13 PM
about as long as ron paul. but i don't recall rangel ever making his hatred for government his cause celebre.

'hatred for government'?.....oh jeeze<eyeroll>:rollseyes:

hanger4
01-06-2014, 04:42 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/dk-production/images/41405/large/lizcheney.jpg?1374593403Virginia Republican Liz Cheney is running for U.S. Senate in Wyoming Liz Cheney is out: “Serious health issues have recently arisen in our family, and under the circumstances, I have decided to discontinue my campaign,” Ms. Cheney said in a statement. “My children and their futures were the motivation for our campaign and their health and well-being will always be my overriding priority.” And while Cheney did not address the nature of those "health issues," some believe that poll results showing her getting stomped by sitting Sen. Mike Enzi in a primary was making her sick. For more discussion on this, see Stevenigen's diary. . http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/06/1267526/-Liz-Cheney-drops-out-of-Wyoming-nbsp-Senate-nbsp-race I bet she's back in Washington before Fall; those -40% Poll Numbers can make you really Sick

sachem
01-06-2014, 04:44 PM
I never knew she was here.

Cthulhu
01-06-2014, 04:50 PM

so has rand paul.

Sounds like a good platform to have unpaid public servants - since they are such a drain on the system after all...

Guffaw.

hanger4
01-06-2014, 04:51 PM
again...we're talking about hypocrisy. focus.No we're not, we're talking bout liz c and the kos kids prob lying bout her.

texan
01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
Dear Cigar,
Charlie is not worth defending.......

Ever notice that those who endorse high taxes and those who actually pay them aren’t the same people? Consider the curious case of Ways and Means Chairman Charlie Rangel, who is leading the charge for a new 5.4-percentage point income tax surcharge and recently called it “the moral thing to do.” About his own tax liability he seems less, well, fervent.

Exhibit A concerns a rental property Mr. Rangel purchased in 1987 at the Punta Cana Yacht Club in the Dominican Republic. The rental income from that property ought to be substantial since it is a luxury beach-front villa and is more often than not rented out. But when the National Legal and Policy Center looked at Mr. Rangel’s House financial disclosure forms in August, it noted that his reported income looked suspiciously low. In 2004 and 2005, he reported no more than $5,000, and in 2006 and 2007 no income at all from the property.

The Congressman initially denied there was any unreported income. But reporters quickly showed that the villa is among the most desirable at Punta Cana and that it rents for $500 a night in the low season, and as much as $1,100 a night in peak season. Last year it was fully booked between December 15 and April 15.

Mr. Rangel soon admitted having failed to report rental income of $75,000 over the years. First he blamed his wife for the oversight because he said she was supposed to be managing the property. Then he blamed the language barrier. “Every time I thought I was getting somewhere, they’d start speaking Spanish,” Mr. Rangel explained.

Mr. Rangel promised last fall to amend his tax returns, pay what is due and correct the information on his annual financial disclosure form. But the deadline for the 2008 filing was May 15 and as of last week he still had not filed. His press spokesman declined to answer questions about anything related to his ethics problems.

Besides not paying those pesky taxes, Mr. Rangel had other reasons for wanting to hide income. As the tenant of four rent-stabilized apartments in Harlem, the Congressman needed to keep his annual reported income below $175,000, lest he be ineligible as a hardship case for rent control. (He also used one of the apartments as an office in violation of rent-control rules, but that’s another story.)

Mr. Rangel said last fall that “I never had any idea that I got any income’’ from the villa. Try using that one the next time the IRS comes after you. Equally interesting is his claim that he didn’t know that the developer of the Dominican Republic villa had converted his $52,000 mortgage to an interest-free loan in 1990. That would seem to violate House rules on gifts, which say Members may only accept loans on “terms that are generally available to the public.” Try getting an interest-free loan from your banker.

The National Legal and Policy Center also says it has confirmed that Mr. Rangel owned a home in Washington from 1971-2000 and during that time claimed a “homestead” exemption that allowed him to save on his District of Columbia property taxes. However, the homestead exemption only applies to a principal residence, and the Washington home could not have qualified as such since Mr. Rangel’s rent-stabilized apartments in New York have the same requirement.

The House Ethics Committee is investigating Mr. Rangel on no fewer than six separate issues, including his failure to report the no-interest loan on his Punta Cana villa and his use of rent-stabilized apartments. It is also investigating his fund raising for the Charles B. Rangel Center for Public Service at City College of New York. New York labor attorney Theodore Kheel, one of the principal owners of the Punta Cana resort, is an important donor to the Rangel Center.

All of this has previously appeared in print in one place or another, and we salute the reporters who did the leg work. We thought we’d summarize it now for readers who are confronted with the prospect of much higher tax bills, and who might like to know how a leading Democrat defines “moral” behavior when the taxes hit close to his homes.

pragmatic
01-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Dear Cigar,
Charlie is not worth defending.......

Ever notice that those who endorse high taxes and those who actually pay them aren’t the same people? Consider the curious case of Ways and Means Chairman Charlie Rangel, who is leading the charge for a new 5.4-percentage point income tax surcharge and recently called it “the moral thing to do.” About his own tax liability he seems less, well, fervent.

Exhibit A concerns a rental property Mr. Rangel purchased in 1987 at the Punta Cana Yacht Club in the Dominican Republic. The rental income from that property ought to be substantial since it is a luxury beach-front villa and is more often than not rented out. But when the National Legal and Policy Center looked at Mr. Rangel’s House financial disclosure forms in August, it noted that his reported income looked suspiciously low. In 2004 and 2005, he reported no more than $5,000, and in 2006 and 2007 no income at all from the property.

The Congressman initially denied there was any unreported income. But reporters quickly showed that the villa is among the most desirable at Punta Cana and that it rents for $500 a night in the low season, and as much as $1,100 a night in peak season. Last year it was fully booked between December 15 and April 15.

Mr. Rangel soon admitted having failed to report rental income of $75,000 over the years. First he blamed his wife for the oversight because he said she was supposed to be managing the property. Then he blamed the language barrier. “Every time I thought I was getting somewhere, they’d start speaking Spanish,” Mr. Rangel explained.

Mr. Rangel promised last fall to amend his tax returns, pay what is due and correct the information on his annual financial disclosure form. But the deadline for the 2008 filing was May 15 and as of last week he still had not filed. His press spokesman declined to answer questions about anything related to his ethics problems.

Besides not paying those pesky taxes, Mr. Rangel had other reasons for wanting to hide income. As the tenant of four rent-stabilized apartments in Harlem, the Congressman needed to keep his annual reported income below $175,000, lest he be ineligible as a hardship case for rent control. (He also used one of the apartments as an office in violation of rent-control rules, but that’s another story.)

Mr. Rangel said last fall that “I never had any idea that I got any income’’ from the villa. Try using that one the next time the IRS comes after you. Equally interesting is his claim that he didn’t know that the developer of the Dominican Republic villa had converted his $52,000 mortgage to an interest-free loan in 1990. That would seem to violate House rules on gifts, which say Members may only accept loans on “terms that are generally available to the public.” Try getting an interest-free loan from your banker.

The National Legal and Policy Center also says it has confirmed that Mr. Rangel owned a home in Washington from 1971-2000 and during that time claimed a “homestead” exemption that allowed him to save on his District of Columbia property taxes. However, the homestead exemption only applies to a principal residence, and the Washington home could not have qualified as such since Mr. Rangel’s rent-stabilized apartments in New York have the same requirement.

The House Ethics Committee is investigating Mr. Rangel on no fewer than six separate issues, including his failure to report the no-interest loan on his Punta Cana villa and his use of rent-stabilized apartments. It is also investigating his fund raising for the Charles B. Rangel Center for Public Service at City College of New York. New York labor attorney Theodore Kheel, one of the principal owners of the Punta Cana resort, is an important donor to the Rangel Center.

All of this has previously appeared in print in one place or another, and we salute the reporters who did the leg work. We thought we’d summarize it now for readers who are confronted with the prospect of much higher tax bills, and who might like to know how a leading Democrat defines “moral” behavior when the taxes hit close to his homes.

Actually like Rangel. But he is a fucking rascal....

Cigar
01-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Dude ... off your Meds ... this Thread isn't about Rangel ... I know things are slow in Texas but WTF

Newpublius
01-06-2014, 10:34 PM

Yes and so too has my R-Congressman, Frelinghuysen. They're the problem too. Its why conservatives are for term limits, to get them ALL out.

Cigar
01-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Yes and so too has my R-Congressman, Frelinghuysen. They're the problem too. Its why conservatives are for term limits, to get them ALL out.

I'm for Term Limits also :wink:

Professor Peabody
01-07-2014, 04:33 AM

As long as Hillary?

Agravan
01-07-2014, 05:45 AM

Ebonics

patrickt
01-07-2014, 07:01 AM
Has Bill Clinton ever had an honest job. At least Barack Obama worked for Baskins-Robbins before he was Barak Obama but of course he says he stole from them, too.

I was pleased to see Cigar admit there are welfare queens.

Other than the normal liberal hatred I don't understand why anyone would be excited about Liz Cheney running or not running. As for the Daily Kos sophmoric jab for Virginian Liz Cheney running in Wyoming, I assume we'll here about the Illinois native, Hillary Clinton, running in New York. Or, maybe not.

countryboy
01-07-2014, 08:36 AM
Yo yo yo, why you hate black people?

Cigar
01-07-2014, 08:48 AM

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/hawk-harrelson1.jpg

Anyone who knows Hawk Harrelson; knows he say's that after a Strike Out - He's Gone.

It's could be my eyes, but he look a little causation to me :laugh:

Chew .. slowly ... then swallow.

Cigar
01-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Yo yo yo, why you hate black people?

I understand if you feel like a Fuck Racist Idiot for bringing up Race in a Thread that had nothing to do with Race. :laugh:

countryboy
01-07-2014, 08:55 AM
I understand if you feel like a Fuck Racist Idiot for bringing up Race in a Thread that had nothing to do with Race. :laugh:
Mmmmm hmm.

Cigar
01-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Mmmmm hmm.

My Apologies to your Mother ... I didn't know you were Bi-Racial.:wink:

Mini Me
01-07-2014, 11:58 AM
I'm for Term Limits also :wink:

Term limits never works!

You just replace one rascal with another, and some fine legislators get termed out, and states and districts lose clout.

The rascal we know is better than the rascal we don't know!

Mini Me
01-07-2014, 12:05 PM
A female doesn't have much chance winning in Wyoming. Its a mans state.

You have cattle ranchers, sheep herders, grizzly wrestlers, and miles and miles of vast nothingness.

Wyoming...where men are men and the sheep are gratefull for it!:grin:

The Sage of Main Street
01-07-2014, 05:19 PM

That doesn't excuse Welfare Queens, just like Welfare Queens don't excuse the moochers off their Daddies' wealth. A similar change would be to outlaw both Affirmative Action and Legacy mooching in college admissions. As long as society recognizes those diplomas as valid, the private colleges have no right to do that. This fraud exists because of the myth that certain people and institutions have no obligation to society. Eminent Domain.

The Sage of Main Street
01-07-2014, 05:23 PM

We ought to ban those who use the Tu Quoque fallacy. How does what the "other" side of the united Liberal/Conservative Axis excuse "your" assigned side from doing the same thing?

The Sage of Main Street
01-07-2014, 05:26 PM

And Ron Paul has used power from being in the GUBMINT to get his disturbed son into the Senate.

Peter1469
01-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Notice: Cigar has been infracted for name calling directed at another member.

Max Rockatansky
01-07-2014, 05:29 PM

Careful. You'll be accused of being racist for questioning someone's misuse use of the English language.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/aj-mccarron-mother-asks-jameis-winston-speaking-english-055812413--ncaaf.html

The Sage of Main Street
01-07-2014, 05:32 PM

You have cattle ranchers, sheep herders, grizzly wrestlers, and miles and miles of vast nothingness.

And sissyboys like Liz's Daddy dodge the draft.

Cthulhu
01-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Term limits never works!

Wrong. A king you can't get rid of is worse.

You just replace one rascal with another, and some fine legislators get termed out, and states and districts lose clout.

Losing clout is just fine, representation is what matter dearie. But letting the same morons continue wrecking the country is retarded. They are blood clots which need to finally pass. If it meant that Hank Johnson could never be re-elected I would be okay with it, even if it meant Rand Paul could never be re-elected.

The rascal we know is better than the rascal we don't know!

Wrong.

Captain Obvious
01-07-2014, 10:36 PM

I can tell you've never been to Wyoming.

You had one thing right though, miles and miles of nothing. Aside from that, it's like anywhere else with subtle differences.

Max Rockatansky
01-08-2014, 06:37 AM
I can tell you've never been to Wyoming.

You had one thing right though, miles and miles of nothing. Aside from that, it's like anywhere else with subtle differences.

It's one of the states I was looking at retiring. A work friend was born and raised in a small town just north of the Utah border. She was anxious to leave, but it sounded wonderful to me.

The Sage of Main Street
01-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Wrong. A king you can't get rid of is worse.

Losing clout is just fine, representation is what matter dearie. But letting the same morons continue wrecking the country is retarded. They are blood clots which need to finally pass. If it meant that Hank Johnson could never be re-elected I would be okay with it, even if it meant Rand Paul could never be re-elected.

Wrong.

Desperately grasping for term limits only seems like a good idea because there is something basically wrong with having a republic imposed on us. Replace that with democracy and we won't be stuck with these pre-owned pseudo-representatives.

Cthulhu
01-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Desperately grasping for term limits only seems like a good idea because there is something basically wrong with having a republic imposed on us. Replace that with democracy and we won't be stuck with these pre-owned pseudo-representatives.

Enforcing term limits raises the costs of corruption because they have only so much time for a particular puppet before they have to find a new one and pay his fees. I am okay with this. If it makes doing evil expensive - kudos.

If a system of government must be had, better a republic than anything else. Democracy is a lynch mob essentially and a double edged sword at best. The ideal behind a republic is so that the people are not governed by the passions of the people, but rather by wise stewards.

Because really, would it have been a great idea to be a democracy after 9/11? I don't know about you, but there is a chunk of middle eastern people here in the states, almost all innocent of what happened. Yet there was a lot of "nuke 'em till they glow, kill 'em all" etc... sentiment by some segments of population.

Democracy is a poor form of government.

Max Rockatansky
01-08-2014, 12:35 PM
...Democracy is a poor form of government.

"democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

Cthulhu
01-08-2014, 01:06 PM
"democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

Blarg.

A monarchy is actually the best if you have a really good monarch. Problem is that they never seem to stay good. But democracy is a lynch mob and little else.

Bottom line is that any from of government is basically a bad one. It is about choosing the least crappy option.

Which is why I lean towards voluntarism. But since I am forced to live under a government I'll promote libertarian style republics every time.

BB-35
01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
And sissyboys like Liz's Daddy dodge the draft.

Since when did serving ever matter to people like YOU?.....You had a chance to elect a real honest to God medal of honor recipient in 1992,but you felt serving wasn't important and chose slick willie instead...

Max Rockatansky
01-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Since when did serving ever matter to people like YOU?.....You had a chance to elect a real honest to God medal of honor recipient in 1992,but you felt serving wasn't important and chose slick willie instead...

The highest award G. W. Bush was awarded was the DFC, so I presume you mean Perot's running mate, Admiral Stockdale. I did vote for Perot/Stockdale, but Clinton's election was more due to a split ticket than the public vote.

Clinton won with 43% of the vote. Bush and Perot lost with 37.5% and 18.9% of the vote, respectively. Gore lost in 2000 primarily because of the split vote with Nader, .although it was a much closer race

The Sage of Main Street
01-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Enforcing term limits raises the costs of corruption because they have only so much time for a particular puppet before they have to find a new one and pay his fees. I am okay with this. If it makes doing evil expensive - kudos.

If a system of government must be had, better a republic than anything else. Democracy is a lynch mob essentially and a double edged sword at best. The ideal behind a republic is so that the people are not governed by the passions of the people, but rather by wise stewards.

Because really, would it have been a great idea to be a democracy after 9/11? There is a chunk of Middle Eastern people here in the States, almost all innocent of what happened. Yet there was a lot of "nuke 'em till they glow, kill 'em all" etc... sentiment by some segments of population.

Democracy is a poor form of government.

You flunkies of the Greedhead Capitalist tyrants, who also owns the GUBMINT that you imagine is the enemy of your Masters, are full of contradictions. You despise the majority and say they need to be ruled by the Good Shepherds in a republic, then you slam those same "wise stewards" as corrupt cronies who need to be replaced by term limits.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is how does it increase the cost to the Cretins Untied bribemakers if they are only going to hire a new "wise steward" at the same price? Remember, your heroes are makers, not bribetakers.

I can see by your appeasing contempt for patriotic Americans' attitudes towards Muslims that the reason you don't want democracy is that you want Dhimmiocracy instead. And even if passive pacifism were the way to go, you again contradict yourself by admitting that it was confined to some segments of the population. In a democracy, such a minority would have been voted down. It's the same kind of contradiction the enemies of democracy use when they see some reckless driver on the freeway and bellow, "I'm going to let that guy have the right to vote on the issues instead of our wise stewards?" Again, that guy would be voted down in a democracy. In a republic, he would become one of Henry Hill's wiseguys, whom you insist are wise stewards.

The Sage of Main Street
01-09-2014, 02:40 PM

Democracy has never been tried. It can't co-exist with birth privileges, which have never been abolished. The hereditary guillotine-fodder know that and that is why they fear democracy. If we have to do it on our own, so must the children of the rich. They would be nothing without Daddy's Money. In a man's country, a cowardly unpatriotic draftdodger like Bush would have been driven to suicide if not hanged. We can't feel well-hung until the Chickenhawk types are well-hanged.

The Sage of Main Street
01-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Blarg.

A monarchy is actually the best if you have a really good monarch. Problem is that they never seem to stay good. But democracy is a lynch mob and little else.

Bottom line is that any from of government is basically a bad one. It is about choosing the least crappy option.

Which is why I lean towards voluntarism. But since I am forced to live under a government I'll promote libertarian style republics every time.

How dare you call the majority a lynch mob? What makes you so superior? Your contempt for most Americans will lead directly to treason. You are voted off the island.

The Sage of Main Street
01-09-2014, 02:55 PM
The highest award G. W. Bush was awarded was the DFC, so I presume you mean Perot's running mate, Admiral Stockdale. I did vote for Perot/Stockdale, but Clinton's election was more due to a split ticket than the public vote.

Clinton won with 43% of the vote. Bush and Perot lost with 37.5% and 18.9% of the vote, respectively. Gore lost in 2000 primarily because of the split vote with Nader, .although it was a much closer race

I think he means Danny Quayle, the Kokomo Commando. Bush's picking of that Chickenhawk sissyboy as running mate proves that he was never patriotic; his service in WWII was just that of a bored rich kid looking for a thrill. After being sheltered from the real world all his life, he had no idea was combat was really like. Typically of selfish snobs, he bailed out and let his crew die. Also, because he served at the front because he had political ambitions. Unlike the Boytoys for the Bosses today, the American people of the Depression Generation would never have elected some gutless rich brat to any office if he had used his Daddy's connections to avoid combat.

Max Rockatansky
01-09-2014, 03:36 PM
I think he means Danny Quayle, the Kokomo Commando.....

Dan Quayle, like many rich kids, was in a National Guard unit and never went to Vietnam much less become a Medal of Honor recipient. The only candidate who met that qualification in Clinton's era was Admiral Stockdale.

http://www.homeofheroes.com/moh/citations_living/vn_n_stockdale.html

STOCKDALE, JAMES B.
Rank and organization: Rear Admiral (then Captain), U.S. Navy. Place and date: Hoa Lo prison, Hanoi, North Vietnam, 4 September 1969. Entered service at:Abingdon, Ill. Born: 23 December 1923, Abingdon, Ill..

Citation:
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while senior naval officer in the Prisoner of War camps of North Vietnam. Recognized by his captors as the leader in the Prisoners' of War resistance to interrogation and in their refusal to participate in propaganda exploitation, Rear Adm. Stockdale was singled out for interrogation and attendant torture after he was detected in a covert communications attempt. Sensing the start of another purge, and aware that his earlier efforts at self-disfiguration to dissuade his captors from exploiting him for propaganda purposes had resulted in cruel and agonizing punishment, Rear Adm. Stockdale resolved to make himself a symbol of resistance regardless of personal sacrifice. He deliberately inflicted a near-mortal wound to his person in order to convince his captors of his willingness to give up his life rather than capitulate. He was subsequently discovered and revived by the North Vietnamese who, convinced of his indomitable spirit, abated in their employment of excessive harassment and torture toward all of the Prisoners of War. By his heroic action, at great peril to himself, he earned the everlasting gratitude of his fellow prisoners and of his country. Rear Adm. Stockdale's valiant leadership and extraordinary courage in a hostile environment sustain and enhance the finest traditions of the U.S. Naval Service.

Cthulhu
01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
You flunkies of the Greedhead Capitalist tyrants, who also owns the GUBMINT that you imagine is the enemy of your Masters, are full of contradictions. You despise the majority and say they need to be ruled by the Good Shepherds in a republic, then you slam those same "wise stewards" as corrupt cronies who need to be replaced by term limits.

Politicians and diapers must be changed frequently because they go bad. Diapers go on perfectly fine - till someone craps in them.

Now I might change my mind if Ron Paul and Rand Paul started making epic diaper technology.

Maybe you should realize something: I am more of a voluntarist than anything. Read my posts with a little more clarity and a little less inebriation before hastily responding. Savvy?

Another thing that doesn't make sense is how does it increase the cost to the Cretins Untied bribemakers if they are only going to hire a new "wise steward" at the same price? Remember, your heroes are makers, not bribetakers.

The longer someone is in, the more harm they can do if corrupt. Limiting the amount of damage they can do is the only responsible thing to do. Although I am fond of the idea of holding them personally responsible - but they would never legislate that into law.

It makes perfect sense. You have to develop a rapport to first corrupt someone. The process is identical to seducing a woman. You find one you like, develop a plan based on perceived difficulty of capture, than implement it. Once the hard work is out of the way you can plunder her dungeon at your convenience if you have done it correctly.

Installing term limits means the hard work has to happen more often. It's not rocket science.

I can see by your appeasing contempt for patriotic Americans' attitudes towards Muslims that the reason you don't want democracy is that you want Dhimmiocracy instead. And even if passive pacifism were the way to go, you again contradict yourself by admitting that it was confined to some segments of the population. In a democracy, such a minority would have been voted down. It's the same kind of contradiction the enemies of democracy use when they see some reckless driver on the freeway and bellow, "I'm going to let that guy have the right to vote on the issues instead of our wise stewards?" Again, that guy would be voted down in a democracy. In a republic, he would become one of Henry Hill's wiseguys, whom you insist are wise stewards.

Sure, you win, you can also be the president of island stupid while you're at it.

Cthulhu
01-09-2014, 04:24 PM
How dare you call the majority a lynch mob? What makes you so superior?

My thinking brain. What's your excuse?

Your contempt for most Americans will lead directly to treason. You are voted off the island.

Treason to stupidity? I'm reduced to tears at the charge. Codename Section, Chris, somebody, anybody, bring me a tissue...

The Xl
01-09-2014, 04:28 PM
How dare you call the majority a lynch mob? What makes you so superior? Your contempt for most Americans will lead directly to treason. You are voted off the island.

What a whiny, yet incoherent post.

Codename Section
01-09-2014, 04:44 PM

Who's going to make him leave the island? A bunch of wussy ass whiners? If they were doers they wouldn't be broke ass in the first place.

Any second he wants he says the word and we bring him in and he can be making serious money. We're a brotherhood and he's my brother. We don't need some fucking statist hand out. We handle shit ourselves by choice. We double down, we keep it tight, and we're frosty.

You let a some punk ass bitches start telling other marines they're treasonous and see what happens.

Chris
01-09-2014, 04:48 PM
My thinking brain. What's your excuse?

Treason to stupidity? I'm reduced to tears at the charge. Codename Section, Chris, somebody, anybody, bring me a tissue...

Arguing with sage is like arguing with a wet noodle or nailing jelly to a tree or making sense of exotix.

We could probably find a better island.

BB-35
01-09-2014, 04:59 PM

Bob Kerrey,he ran against Clinton in the primaries...He was a navy SEAL awarded the CMH

Cthulhu
01-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Who's going to make him leave the island? A bunch of wussy ass whiners? If they were doers they wouldn't be broke ass in the first place.

Any second he wants he says the word and we bring him in and he can be making serious money. We're a brotherhood and he's my brother. We don't need some fucking statist hand out. We handle shit ourselves by choice. We double down, we keep it tight, and we're frosty.

You let a some punk ass bitches start telling other marines they're treasonous and see what happens.

Whoa whoa....Easy there turbo - It's just Sage after all.

Codename Section
01-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Whoa whoa....Easy there turbo - It's just Sage after all.

Maybe people should shut their mouths and not be disloyal to their brothers if they want some respect out of us. Devil dog needs to tighten his shit up and not talk to you like that.

Cthulhu
01-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Maybe people should shut their mouths and not be disloyal to their brothers if they want some respect out of us. Devil dog needs to tighten his shit up and not talk to you like that.

He's a marine? Who knew? Ha! I just figured he was a lackwit was all. Kinda makes us look bad though.

It's entirely possible he didn't know I was a marine by the way I act.

Max Rockatansky
01-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Bob Kerrey,he ran against Clinton in the primaries...He was a navy SEAL awarded the CMH

Thanks. I'd forgotten about him. Since I was a Republican from 1974 until 2012, he didn't register as a Presidential candidate for me.

The Sage of Main Street
01-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Politicians and diapers must be changed frequently because they go bad. Diapers go on perfectly fine - till someone craps in them.

Now I might change my mind if Ron Paul and Rand Paul started making epic diaper technology.

Maybe you should realize something: I am more of a voluntarist than anything. Read my posts with a little more clarity and a little less inebriation before hastily responding. Savvy?

I nailed you on your contradiction about the "wise stewards" the enemies of our democracy imposed on us being the same people you now call "diapers." Knowing you've been caught lying about your reasons for fearing self-government, you go into denial mode and try to wriggle off the nail by further denigrating your previously precious "wise stewards."

The Sage of Main Street
01-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Treason to stupidity? I'm reduced to tears at the charge. @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866), @Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128), somebody, anybody, bring me a tissue...

It was what you conceited nobodies call a "mob" that settled America's frontier. It was a "mob" that built our economy. It was a "mob" that died on the beaches of Normandy. Real Americans would gouge your eyes out, so you don't have to worry about tears.

The Sage of Main Street
01-10-2014, 12:08 PM
What a whiny, yet incoherent post.

We outnumber your Masters 99 to 1 and can crush them like grapes. It's time to stop "whining" and start making wine.

Cthulhu
01-10-2014, 01:16 PM
I nailed you on your contradiction about the "wise stewards" the enemies of our democracy imposed on us being the same people you now call "diapers." Knowing you've been caught lying about your reasons for fearing self-government, you go into denial mode and try to wriggle off the nail by further denigrating your previously precious "wise stewards."

I think you are the illusory victor of an imaginary battle. But by all means, wave the flag, sing the anthem, and march in a one man parade if it makes you feel better. I know I'll never say the pledge again any time soon. Not to this government. I have always had higher allegiances.

It was what you conceited nobodies call a "mob" that settled America's frontier. It was a "mob" that built our economy. It was a "mob" that died on the beaches of Normandy. Real Americans would gouge your eyes out, so you don't have to worry about tears.

Dude, calm yourself down, nobody is attacking you. Your fascination with gouging my eyes out is charming though. Granted the odds of it happening is essentially null, but still charming. Real Americans? Dude, check your dosage or something.

Enjoy that parade you're having by yourself.

Max Rockatansky
01-10-2014, 02:01 PM
He's a marine? Who knew? Ha! I just figured he was a lackwit was all. Kinda makes us look bad though.

It's entirely possible he didn't know I was a marine by the way I act.

Back in the day, one of my favorite crew chiefs was a Marine nicknamed Sluggo. He as a Sergeant, but everyone knew him is Sluggo. One day he was crewing the CH-46 for one of our senior Captains nicknamed Fifi on a mission to 29 Stumps. There's no air conditioning on 46's, so after landing and waiting on some Grunts to show up, Sluggo got off, stood in shade of the aircraft under the cockpit and under the rotorwash for cooling. While standing there he noticed a scorpion in the sand. He took out his survival knife, cut off the stinger then picked it up and played with it. After a few minutes he tired of the game, looked up and saw Fifi's open cockpit window and lobbed it in. The scorpion landed in Fifi's lap. If Fifi hadn't been strapped in, he would have literally hit the overhead jumping up trying to dump the bug. The copilot who described all of this to me broke into hysterical laughing watching Fifi dancing in his seat trying to get the scorpion off his lap.

It was unusual to see many of my Marines in civilian clothes, but one day near the end of his enlistment I saw Sluggo in his regular civilian attire; full biker gear with jeans, chains and leather jacket. Two weeks before he was due to get out he was busted in the E-Club trying to sell coke under the table. I never did learn what his sentence was, but I'm sure it was a long one.

I respect all Marines, but some are dumb asses.

Cthulhu
01-10-2014, 03:26 PM
I respect all Marines, but some are dumb asses.

Oh sweet Murphy ain't that the truth. Stupid is to be found in every climb and place.

The Xl
01-10-2014, 03:33 PM
We outnumber your Masters 99 to 1 and can crush them like grapes. It's time to stop "whining" and start making wine.

I'm my own master. I don't bow to corporatists like them, or communists, like you.

Bro, I can guantee you that you won't do a fucking thing except complain on the webernetz. You're no revolutionary, you're a poser.