PDA

View Full Version : White House Warns Iran.....

MMC
02-22-2012, 05:06 PM
The White House on Wednesday sharply criticized Iran for blocking UN nuclear watchdog agency inspectors from key sites in its suspect atomic program (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/iaea-ends-iran-visit-no-agreement-reached-164918457.html), and suggested the stalemate would weigh on how Washington and its partners will respond to Tehran's recent offer for another round of negotiations.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the United Nations agency tasked with curbing the spread of nuclear weapons technology, said Tuesday that a delegation to Iran would return home after Tehran, which had invited the inspectors in, denied them access to a key site. The IAEA said in a November report that the military facility at Parchin could have been used to test high explosives of the sort that can detonate a nuclear bomb.

"It's important to note that the IAEA maintains regular access to both of Iran's enrichment facilities at Qom and Natanz," the spokesman said. "The IAEA was seeking additional access, that's what this visit was about, in line with Iran's safeguards obligations, to sites and facilities where Iran is suspected of conducting work related to weaponization activities.".....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-warns-iran-over-inspections-stalemate-195657388.html
The Ticket (http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/ticket/) – 2 hrs 3 mins ago<<<<<

Conley
02-22-2012, 08:30 PM
What does Iran expect here? Weren't they paying attention when Saddam used to do this?

waltky
10-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Granny says `long as Obama got Seal Team 6 inna neighborhood - tell `em to sneak over an' bitch-slap Ammerjabberjob upside the head...

US Targets Top al-Qaida Operatives in Iran
October 20, 2012 : The U.S. State Department's decision to offer a reward of up to $12 million for information leading to the location of the top two al-Qaida operatives in Iran is seen as a sign of how serious Washington is about curtailing the group's activities in Iran.

The move came the same day the U.S. Treasury Department called the terror network headed by both men a “crucial source” of al-Qaida funding and support. A reward of $7 million is being offered for information on the whereabouts of Muhsin al-Fadhi, a Kuwaiti national described by the State Department as “al-Qaida’s senior leader” in Iran. He is wanted by the U.S. for providing “financial and material support” to the al-Zarqawi terror network and to al-Qaida in Iran. Al-Fadhi is also reported to have been among the few trusted al-Qaida operatives who received advance notice of the terror attacks of September 11, 2001.

In its announcement Thursday, the State Department said al-Fadhi uses his “extensive network of Kuwaiti jihadist donors” to send money and fighters via Turkey to support al-Qaida affiliated elements in Syria. Adel Radi Saqr al-Wahabi al-Harbi, an Iran-based senior al-Qaida facilitator, serves as the deputy to Muhsin al-Fadhli. ​​A $5 million reward was also announced for al-Fadhi's deputy, Adel Radi Saqr al-Wahabi al-Harbi. The U.S. wants al-Harbi, a Saudi national, for facilitating the “travel of extremists” to Afghanistan or Iraq via Iran, the State Department says.

Jonathan Schanzen, vice president of research at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies in Washington and a former U.S. Treasury analyst, says the rewards demonstrate “a seriousness of purpose." “It also may be an attempt to draw in the Iranian people,” Schanzen said. “In other words, when you have a reward out there and you’ve got a suffering population inside Iran that been under the weight of sanctions, the idea that you would bring in $12 million by simply identifying somebody you probably don’t even want to be on your soil, that could be an appealing prospect.”

Al-Harbi also was hit with sanctions from the Treasury department. Last year, the agency placed similar sanctions against his boss, al-Fadhi. Treasury Undersecretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence David S. Cohen said the sanctions against both men “further expose al-Qaida’s critically important Iran-based funding and facilitation network.” Thursday’s coordinated moves by the State and Treasury departments put pressure on U.S. partners in the region - specifically Kuwait and Qatar - to help constrain al-Qaida in Iran, says Mathew Levitt, a former Treasury Department counterterrorism expert.

MORE (http://www.voanews.com/content/us_targets_top_al_qaida_operatives_in_iran/1530160.html)

shaarona
10-21-2012, 02:17 AM
The White House on Wednesday sharply criticized Iran for blocking UN nuclear watchdog agency inspectors from key sites in its suspect atomic program (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/iaea-ends-iran-visit-no-agreement-reached-164918457.html), and suggested the stalemate would weigh on how Washington and its partners will respond to Tehran's recent offer for another round of negotiations.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the United Nations agency tasked with curbing the spread of nuclear weapons technology, said Tuesday that a delegation to Iran would return home after Tehran, which had invited the inspectors in, denied them access to a key site. The IAEA said in a November report that the military facility at Parchin could have been used to test high explosives of the sort that can detonate a nuclear bomb.

"It's important to note that the IAEA maintains regular access to both of Iran's enrichment facilities at Qom and Natanz," the spokesman said. "The IAEA was seeking additional access, that's what this visit was about, in line with Iran's safeguards obligations, to sites and facilities where Iran is suspected of conducting work related to weaponization activities.".....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-warns-iran-over-inspections-stalemate-195657388.html
The Ticket (http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/ticket/) – 2 hrs 3 mins ago<<<<<

This has since lead to an acceptance of 1 on 1 talks at Iran's request. The sanctions are working.. October surprise.

shaarona
10-21-2012, 02:21 AM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/20/14584786-source-back-channel-talks-but-no-us-iran-deal-on-one-to-one-nuclear-meeting?lite

Iran wants to wait until after the elections to see who will be president for the negotiations.

patrickt
10-21-2012, 07:57 AM
This has since lead to an acceptance of 1 on 1 talks at Iran's request. The sanctions are working.. October surprise.
And, amazingly, according to Shaarona, Iran wants to wait to see who will be President.

Has anything been more predictable? Just before the election with the fictional president floundering and, wow, here comes a solution to a nuclear Iran but...wait for it...only if the fictional president gets elected again. He's only got a lock on two demographics from the 2008 election: blacks and dead people.

hanger4
10-21-2012, 08:39 AM
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/20/14584786-source-back-channel-talks-but-no-us-iran-deal-on-one-to-one-nuclear-meeting?lite

Iran wants to wait until after the elections to see who will be president for the negotiations.

Kinda screws da pooch for O don't it ??

All for the octo surprise.

Calypso Jones
10-21-2012, 11:28 AM
http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/21/iran-says-obama-sent-secret-message-through-swiss-envoy-recognizing-their-nuclear-rights/

Iran says they've received secret message thru swiss envoy that Obama recognizes their nuclear rights.

secret?

How does this work with the initial post info?

GrassrootsConservative
10-21-2012, 11:50 AM
http://weaselzippers.us/2012/10/21/iran-says-obama-sent-secret-message-through-swiss-envoy-recognizing-their-nuclear-rights/

Iran says they've received secret message thru swiss envoy that Obama recognizes their nuclear rights.

secret?

How does this work with the initial post info?

Odumba is a (known) liar, (known) traitor, (known) criminal, (known) murderer and (known) Mooslim.
How do you think it works with the initial post info? Odumba is working with the ME to destroy "The Great Satan" (America).

hanger4
10-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Odumba is a (known) liar, (known) traitor, (known) criminal, (known) murderer and (known) Mooslim.
How do you think it works with the initial post info? Odumba is working with the ME to destroy "The Great Satan" (America).

You discredit Conservatives when you spout BS such as this. The only known is "liar", the rest are nothing more than speculation on your part.

GrassrootsConservative
10-21-2012, 12:25 PM
You discredit Conservatives when you spout BS such as this. The only known is "liar", the rest are nothing more than speculation on your part.

Telling the leader of a foreign nation that he's going to be more flexible with U.S. missile defense after the election makes him a traitor.
He smoked pot in college and possibly did drugs, that makes him a criminal.
He denied additional security in Libya and directly caused the death of 4 Americans serving their country, in my book that makes him a murderer, especially since there were already other terrorist attacks at the same embassy that was attacked.
I don't "spout BS", everything that I say is what I know. Anyone who can't see that the things I said were true is either ignorant or oblivious.

hanger4
10-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Telling the leader of a foreign nation that he's going to be more flexible with U.S. missile defense after the election makes him a traitor.

Hardly, it just shows he's more interested in his reelection than his country's well being, which isn't necessarily treasonous cause we don't know the context of the missile defence issues they were discussing.

He smoked pot in college and possibly did drugs, that makes him a criminal.

As it does for probably half or more of the US population, but that's another issue. So I'll give you that one, of course if breaking the law is a deal breaker then you've probably just eliminated everyone in the US.

He denied additional security in Libya

We don't know that, we do know that the DoS did and it could very well be on Clinton if the requests crossed her desk.

and directly caused the death of 4 Americans serving their country, in my book that makes him a murderer, especially since there were already other terrorist attacks at the same embassy that was attacked.

We can't know that. Would a company of Marines saved the day ?? A platoon ?? A squad ?? We just don't know. I will say, Obama and the DoS didn't do enough, but to pin the absolute blame for murder is a stretch.

I don't "spout BS", everything that I say is what I know.

And what you think you know is fine, but a fact it doesn't make.

Anyone who can't see that the things I said were true is either ignorant or oblivious.

Unfortunately this statement only shows your extreme partisanship and closed mindedness.

BTW we're on the same side of the fence and I too am a partisan, but there are lines I don't cross till the facts warrant a full frontal assault.

At that time I can/will be the rabitest attack dog on the street.