PDA

View Full Version : Chis Christie a Liar.

Germanicus
01-08-2014, 04:40 PM
(Reuters) - New Jersey Governor Chris Christie was thrust deeper into a scandal with the release on Wednesday of emails showing his staff was involved in closing lanes at the George Washington Bridge, a move critics called political retribution.

At a news conference in Trenton, New Jersey, Deputy Assembly Speaker John Wisniewski, a Democrat, said revelations about the emails showed "government at its worst."
"Among other things, they call into serious question the honesty of this governor and his staff. As a result of what has been revealed today, this governor has a lot of explaining to do," Wisniewski said.
Christie often touts his willingness to work with opponents as well as allies - a stance seen as a way of positioning himself as a national candidate able to close bitter partisan divides and win the White House.

"Now we have concrete proof that the Christie administration saw them all as collateral damage in a vindictive quest to punish its political enemies," said the spokesman, Rob Duffey, in a statement.
Copies of the emails, many of them on private accounts, were obtained and published by the Bergen Record, The New York Times and other media.

The emails were supplied to the media by Wildstein, the Port Authority executive, in response to a subpoena issued by a panel of state lawmakers. A long-time Christie ally, Wildstein previously has admitted ordering the lane closures and resigned in December. He is due to testify before the panel on Thursday.
A second top Christie appointee at the Port Authority resigned a week later.
One email showed the Christie aide talking with Port Authority about ignoring Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich, who was seeking an explanation for the unexpected closings.
"Radio silence," Wildstein said in an email when asked if anyone had returned the mayor's calls.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/08/us-usa-newjersey-bridge-idUSBREA0710H20140108

What a big fat liar. And a coward. Where is he hiding?

Chris Christie is an utter loon and I am not surprised at all that he would use his position to do such a disgusting thing. I saw the fat liar at a Town Hall ( as you Americans call those. (: Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! rabble rabble rabble!) and a kid asked him what he likes best about his job. The fat liar squeezed the opportunity ( why are young children asking this fat liar questions at a Town Hall? For the cameras? Seemed staged ) it for all its worth and he talks all nice to this kid in a stupid voice and tell the kid that when he goes to New York there is no traffic because he is the governor and path is cleared for the fat liar through traffic. And some in the crowd laughed. ( some looked lik they wished he would shut the fuck up and get back to serious questions ). So anyway, this fat liar is an admited megalomaniac. That enjoys the power he has over motorists/traffic.

And where is he? Hiding under his bed? Would he fit under there? What a liar and coward Obamas boyfriend Chris Christie is.

And this fat clown wants to be President? What a joke.

Maybe someone on 'mainstreet' should call a 'Town Hall' about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVqVdQYC44Y

“Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee,” Bridget Anne Kelly, one of Christie’s deputies, wrote (http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie_kelly_bridge_lane_closures_emails.html) to David Wildstein, a top Christie appointee at the Port Authority, on Aug. 14. “Got it,” was his reply. (You can view all the e-mails here (http://www.northjersey.com/news/Documents_GWB_emails_between_Port_Authority_and_Ch ristie_administration.html).) What resulted was a week of traffic jams that held up emergency vehicles, buses filled with school children, and thousands of innocent commuters.

It gets worse. Somebody—the name is redacted, leaving it open to guessing—responded to the resulting mess (http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie_kelly_bridge_lane_closures_emails.html) with what is, shall we say, unpresidential glee:

“Is it wrong that I’m smiling,” the recipient of the text message responded to Wildstein. The person’s identity is not clear because the documents are partially redacted for unknown reasons.
“No,” Wildstein wrote in response.
“I feel badly about the kids,” the person replied to Wildstein. “I guess.”
“They are the children of Buono voters,” Wildstein wrote.
Until today, Christie had treated the bridge-closing scandal as a joke. Not anymore. As the Record puts it (http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie_kelly_bridge_lane_closures_emails.html):

“The documents obtained by The Record raise serious doubts about months of claims by the Christie administration that the September closures of local access lanes to the George Washington Bridge were part of a traffic study initiated solely by the Port Authority. Instead, they show that one of the governor’s top aides was deeply involved in the decision to choke off the borough’s access to the bridge, and they provide the strongest indication yet that it was part of a politically motivated vendetta—a notion that Christie has publicly denied.”
What’s so damaging to Christie about these revelations is that they expose him and his brain trust as breathtakingly venal and vindictive. Respectable politicians don’t block ambulances to retaliate at political opponents (in the parlance of right-wing talk-radio hosts, that’s called “bare-knuckle Chicago politics” and is practiced only by Democrats). The messages also shatter Christie’s carefully constructed image as a “nice” jerk fighting for the little guy. They show that he is, in fact, an entirely different kind of jerk, and that the little guy can go to hell.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-08/fort-lee-bridge-closing-scandal-shatters-chris-christies-nice-guy-image-imperils-his-presidential-campaign

Ha ha!

sachem
01-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Imagine. A vindictive Jersey pol. Shocking!

Germanicus
01-08-2014, 05:07 PM
He may have killed people by blocking the ambulances. Who knows? What a magalomanic freak hey.

keymanjim
01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
I just read through the (heavily redacted) email exchanges. I see no smoking gun here.
Don't expect this to replace alqueda growing strength in Iraq or the obamacare failure as headline news.

Beevee
01-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Don't expect cognitive responses from Republican supporters on this one.

GrassrootsConservative
01-08-2014, 05:27 PM
All New England Liberals are liars. Especially the politicians.... whether they are a Republican or a Democrat doesn't matter the tiniest iota.

sachem
01-08-2014, 05:27 PM
I just read through the (heavily redacted) email exchanges. I see no smoking gun here.
Don't expect this to replace alqueda growing strength in Iraq or the obamacare failure as headline news.Who says it has to?

sachem
01-08-2014, 05:29 PM
All New England Liberals are liars. Especially the politicians.... whether they are a Republican or a Democrat doesn't matter the tiniest iota.ALL politicians are liars.

keymanjim
01-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Don't expect cognitive responses from Republican supporters on this one.
OH! STRAWMAN!
Well, hell. Why don't we all just march to Trenton right now and hang Christie?

The difference between your post and mine is that I have actually read the emails. Try educating yourself before you make another embarrassing post.

Heyduke
01-08-2014, 05:31 PM
Christie is the perfect globalist interventionist heir to run in the next sham of an election against Hillary Clinton. What a choice! Like Obama vs McCain or Romney, another sham of an election between two Voodoo Economics spokespersons.

I think Stalin said that what matters is who counts the votes. Now what matters is who programs the computers that count the votes.

Cigar
01-08-2014, 07:31 PM
He Gone!

This is so Bieutiful; :)

Now all the GOP has are the Nut Jobs for Candidate :)

God I Love Republican Polotics.

Now Go Cry to Mama because I called GOP Candidates Nut Jobs :)

The Xl
01-08-2014, 07:33 PM
He Gone!

This is so Bieutiful; :)

Now all the GOP has are the Nut Jobs for Candidate :)

God I Love Republican Polotics.

Now Go Cry to Mama because I called GOP Candidates Nut Jobs :)

But if Obama has glorified GOP positions, wouldn't that make him a nutjob too?

Something to ponder.

jillian
01-08-2014, 07:36 PM
But if Obama has glorified GOP positions, wouldn't that make him a nutjob too?

Something to ponder.

the GOP hasn't always been nut jobs.

roadmaster
01-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Obama has been caught in so many lies it isn't funny. But the libs turn their heads and say all Politian's lie. So now this one has a fake R beside his name and they are upset.

Cigar
01-08-2014, 07:58 PM
Obama has been caught in so many lies it isn't funny. But the libs turn their heads and say all Politian's lie. So now this one has a fake R beside his name and they are upset.

Upset? Are you kidding?

Liberals and Progressives are dancing in the streets.

We get to see the Good Old Clown Show for the Third Streight Time!

I wish the Elections where in 3 months. :)

roadmaster
01-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Upset? Are you kidding?

I don't know why he fooled the republicans and should have never had a R beside his name, just like McCain.

keymanjim
01-08-2014, 08:00 PM
Upset? Are you kidding?

Obamacare.

And, like that, the senate goes republican. And obama needs a change of shorts.

Newpublius
01-08-2014, 08:02 PM
Impeach if connected, the two sending that email need to be terminated.

texan
01-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Well its still better than your heritage with ovens now isn't it you big fat kraut.

zelmo1234
01-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Upset? Are you kidding?

The only 2 republicans that are more liberal than Christie are possible Romney and McCain?

but the left will keep this alive as long as possible as Christie was out polling the Bull Dyke Hilary! OH! I said that didn't I

Cigar
01-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Obamacare.

And, like that, the senate goes republican. And obama needs a change of shorts.

Dont forget the other talking point; Benghazi :)

Say it 3 times real loud :)

keymanjim
01-09-2014, 07:54 PM
dont forget the other talking point; benghazi :)

say it 3 times real loud :)
nsa, irs, eieio....

roadmaster
01-09-2014, 07:55 PM
So what. It's not big news when Obama does and the dems have no problem with it. I think we are all getting use to it.

roadmaster
01-09-2014, 07:58 PM
The only 2 republicans that are more liberal than Christie are possible Romney and McCain?

but the left will keep this alive as long as possible as Christie was out polling the Bull Dyke Hilary! OH! I said that didn't I We all know McCain should have a D beside his name. Hillary lies as much as Obama does.

undine
01-09-2014, 08:12 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/01/08/us-usa-newjersey-bridge-idUSBREA0710H20140108

What a big fat liar. And a coward. Where is he hiding?

Chris Christie is an utter loon and I am not surprised at all that he would use his position to do such a disgusting thing. I saw the fat liar at a Town Hall ( as you Americans call those. (: Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! rabble rabble rabble!) and a kid asked him what he likes best about his job. The fat liar squeezed the opportunity ( why are young children asking this fat liar questions at a Town Hall? For the cameras? Seemed staged ) it for all its worth and he talks all nice to this kid in a stupid voice and tell the kid that when he goes to New York there is no traffic because he is the governor and path is cleared for the fat liar through traffic. And some in the crowd laughed. ( some looked lik they wished he would shut the fuck up and get back to serious questions ). So anyway, this fat liar is an admited megalomaniac. That enjoys the power he has over motorists/traffic.

And where is he? Hiding under his bed? Would he fit under there? What a liar and coward Obamas boyfriend Chris Christie is.

And this fat clown wants to be President? What a joke.

Maybe someone on 'mainstreet' should call a 'Town Hall' about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVqVdQYC44Y

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-08/fort-lee-bridge-closing-scandal-shatters-chris-christies-nice-guy-image-imperils-his-presidential-campaign

Ha ha!
He's a Republican, what do you expect?

I'm only sorry he spent all that money getting his stomach stapled.

texan
01-10-2014, 07:34 PM
I am delivering notice that I will be starting a thread in the near future named:

He Ain't Gone! Whats a matter dems can't shake the big fat man?

jillian
01-10-2014, 07:36 PM
I am delivering notice that I will be starting a thread in the near future named:

He Ain't Gone! Whats a matter dems can't shake the big fat man?

are you getting upset?

good thing you didn't need an ambulance in fort lee on september 11th.

sachem
01-10-2014, 07:40 PM

He Ain't Gone! Whats a matter dems can't shake the big fat man?Gee. I'd think more direct proof is needed before any serious talk of leaving office is raised.

jillian
01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Gee. I'd think more direct proof is needed before any serious talk of leaving office is raised.

i think it's his version of putting his hands over his ears and screaming "lalalalalalalala"

hanger4
01-10-2014, 08:03 PM
i think it's his version of putting his hands over his ears and screaming "lalalalalalalala"Tell ya what jillian, why don't you read through the emails and post the ones that implicate Christie. Until then take a powder.

jillian
01-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Tell ya what jillian, why don't you read through the emails and post the ones that implicate Christie. Until then take a powder.

i'd get over it if i were you.

first of all… it's just the beginning. there was a huge document dump today. there will be hearings.

then ask yourself what he did not to make them lie to him (as he complained about yesterday in his odd speech) but ask what he did to create a culture where that type of retribution was ok?

feel free to continue to stamp your feet, though. makes me no never mind.

hanger4
01-10-2014, 08:43 PM
i'd get over it if i were you.first of all… it's just the beginning. there was a huge document dump today. there will be hearings.then ask yourself what he did not to make them lie to him (as he complained about yesterday in his odd speech) but ask what he did to create a culture where that type of retribution was ok?feel free to continue to stamp your feet, though. makes me no never mind.So far, in the new doc dump, there is nothing to implacate the Jersey Gov. CNN NBC and the assorted leftwing blogs would have pounced already if there were, but 1000 pages more or less is a lot to canvas. So I'll wait before I jump on the 'I'll crucifie all who poll better than Hillery' bandwagon.

Trinnity
01-10-2014, 08:48 PM
He's a progressive and that's why the dems took him out. They think he can win. Fine with me. I hate prog-RINOs.

hanger4
01-10-2014, 09:06 PM
i'd get over it if i were you.first of all… it's just the beginning. there was a huge document dump today. there will be hearings.then ask yourself what he did not to make them lie to him (as he complained about yesterday in his odd speech) but ask what he did to create a culture where that type of retribution was ok?feel free to continue to stamp your feet, though. makes me no never mind.I'll wait till the all the facts are in before I jump on the 'Ill crucify all that polls better than Hillery' bandwagon.

Newpublius
01-10-2014, 09:40 PM
I'll wait till the all the facts are in before I jump on the 'Ill crucify all that polls better than Hillery' bandwagon.

For a criminal conviction? Fine. But you know the thing of it is is that these people are supposed to be the best. They're not. Now, responsible or not, we need to start imposing such a rigorously high ethical standard within the Republican Party (which I don't even belong to anymore) that even if he didn't know, we're going to hold him vicariously liable just because this guy was close enough to the situation that the ostrich defense just isn't enough.

in my mind, he's either complicit in the actions or incompetent for not knowing. I don't know which, I don't care. Guilt by association is enough to crucify this guy with a vengeance to start installing a sense in the American people that the Republican Party actually stands for something.

the association is enough for suspicion to fall. Let a rigorous investigation shine the truth on the situation because I don 'to believe he wasn't involved and I'm sick of these people pissing on us and when things like this happens, things that would get the average American fired, we need to start seeing some accountability and heads rolling.

If he did his, I want him impeached and then subsequently arrested and held criminally accountable.