PDA

View Full Version : Bipartisan Apathy

Mister D
02-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Snip

If young people don’t turn out in lopsided numbers, or if Obama once again receives 95 percent of the black vote but the black share of the overall vote goes down, Obama’s in grave trouble.

And it’s hard to imagine many people will be more excited for Obama in 2012 than they were in 2008 — a point even Obama concedes on the stump. It’s not just the sour economy either. Americans who were exhausted with George W. Bush were open to Obama’s rhetorical grandiosity in 2008. Now they know the man, and while they may still like him, far fewer people love him, which may help explain why Democrats are raising less money in 2012 than they were at this time in 2008.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/291840/bipartisan-apathy-jonah-goldberg

Conley
02-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Yes, this is what I've been saying for a while. The thing is that the Republican party hasn't capitalized with a candidate who will energize the swing voters, like the demographic that voted for Bush and Obama.

Mister D
02-24-2012, 02:04 PM
True but the lack of enthusiasm among young voters and blacks spells trouble for BO. Goldberg's argument is that the Democrats are in the same boat as the GOP this year.

Conley
02-24-2012, 02:11 PM
True enough. IMO the biggest determinant will be the economy between now and November.

Mister D
02-24-2012, 02:19 PM
True enough. IMO the biggest determinant will be the economy between now and November.

Yeah, a revived economy will be a boost for Bo no doubt. A sluggish economy will hurt him.

MMC
02-24-2012, 04:21 PM
I don't think he will see the youth vote like he did when he first ran. Many are looking at both parties being one in an the same. I would say that for the first time in our Country that that majority people are getting tired of the same ole same ole.

Mister D
02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
I don't think he will see the youth vote like he did when he first ran. Many are looking at both parties being one in an the same. I would say that for the first time in our Country that that majority people are getting tired of the same ole same ole.

Turnout among blackd and young voters will be critical for BO and it doesn't look good. That's not to say that the GOP is in any better shape.

Mainecoons
02-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Perhaps this the real problem:

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1789/830/Judge_Napolitano_In_the_5_Minute_Speech_That_Got_H im_Fired.html