PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Ron Johnson Wants to Shield From Obamacare, Wants Obamacare

Cigar
01-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Ron Johnson has an extraordinarily compelling story about why he entered politics: Nearly 30 years ago, his newborn daughter was saved by a talented surgeon named John Foker, who reconfigured her heart with a new procedure that he helped to develop. Johnson has said repeatedly that he believes that if Obamacare had been around at the time, John Foker would have never been around to save his daughter, because Obamacare would have scared Foker and the rest of our best and brightest into other fields of work. Johnson also asserts that a "government take-over" of medicine, (aka Obamacare), would have never provided the atmosphere where Foker could have developed his life-saving procedures.

Invoking Foker's name at every turn, Johnson maintains in no uncertain terms that if Obamacare had been around thirty years ago, his daughter wouldn't be alive today-- and that is why we must, must kill Obamacare.

So, I decided to get in touch with Doctor Foker. Via email, Foker said he is not only "generally supportive" of Obamacare, but thinks it didn't go far enough, saying, "Unfortunately, it was written by the insurance and drug companies so not great. Most of the many flaws of American medical care are still present." Foker also suggested that Republicans should be happy with what is a Republican-developed, "private-solution," but they are more interested in obstructionism, saying, "they're never happy."

Not quite, the "I never would have gotten into medicine if Obamacare was around way back when!" that Johnson suggests.

http://uppitywis.org/blogarticle/doh-doctor-ron-johnson-fighting-supports-obamacare

Another day, another right-wing talking point goes down in flames

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4544587743560332&pid=1.7

jillian
01-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Ron Johnson has an extraordinarily compelling story about why he entered politics: Nearly 30 years ago, his newborn daughter was saved by a talented surgeon named John Foker, who reconfigured her heart with a new procedure that he helped to develop. Johnson has said repeatedly that he believes that if Obamacare had been around at the time, John Foker would have never been around to save his daughter, because Obamacare would have scared Foker and the rest of our best and brightest into other fields of work. Johnson also asserts that a "government take-over" of medicine, (aka Obamacare), would have never provided the atmosphere where Foker could have developed his life-saving procedures.

Invoking Foker's name at every turn, Johnson maintains in no uncertain terms that if Obamacare had been around thirty years ago, his daughter wouldn't be alive today-- and that is why we must, must kill Obamacare.

So, I decided to get in touch with Doctor Foker. Via email, Foker said he is not only "generally supportive" of Obamacare, but thinks it didn't go far enough, saying, "Unfortunately, it was written by the insurance and drug companies so not great. Most of the many flaws of American medical care are still present." Foker also suggested that Republicans should be happy with what is a Republican-developed, "private-solution," but they are more interested in obstructionism, saying, "they're never happy."

Not quite, the "I never would have gotten into medicine if Obamacare was around way back when!" that Johnson suggests.

http://uppitywis.org/blogarticle/doh-doctor-ron-johnson-fighting-supports-obamacare

you mean... he.... made... it.... up?

i'm shocked.

Alyosha
01-10-2014, 09:32 AM
"Unfortunately, it was written by the insurance and drug companies so not great. Most of the many flaws of American medical care are still present."

Which is what every libertarian has been saying since 2008. We're prophets never honored in our own land.

Supermajority and all they give us is something that benefits Big Pharm and Insurance companies at a time when they were pumping dollars into Democrats pockets. Shocker!

Cigar
01-10-2014, 09:35 AM
"Unfortunately, it was written by the insurance and drug companies so not great. Most of the many flaws of American medical care are still present."

Which is what every libertarian has been saying since 2008. We're prophets never honored in our own land.

Supermajority and all they give us is something that benefits Big Pharm and Insurance companies at a time when they were pumping dollars into Democrats pockets. Shocker!

President Obama didn't get what he wanted, he got what he could pass. Obama Care, just like all other Social Programs will evolve.

iustitia
01-10-2014, 09:39 AM
LOL, both houses controlled by his party, couldn't get "what he wanted" just "what he could pass."

Oh, corporatism.

keymanjim
01-10-2014, 09:47 AM
I suppose the good doctor, being a university professor now, isn't faced with this:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/keymanjim/20000-pages-obamacare-regs_zps1ce236b0.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/keymanjim/media/20000-pages-obamacare-regs_zps1ce236b0.jpg.html)

Cigar
01-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Any Guesses on how many Americans will be enrolled by March 31st? :grin:

jillian
01-10-2014, 09:50 AM
I suppose the good doctor, being a university professor now, isn't faced with this:

the point is johnson lied.

carry on.

Alyosha
01-10-2014, 10:00 AM
President Obama didn't get what he wanted, he got what he could pass. Obama Care, just like all other Social Programs will evolve.

Don't buy it because I'm not an idiot. They had a super majority. NO REPUBLICAN voted yes and it still passed. That means they could have had single payer. Anyone who can do basic math, ie "not a retard" can see that they had the votes for single payer.

Just because people tell you something doesn't make it true. Fun fact.

Democratic candidates received more money from the health care industry that year than Republicans. Surprise, surprise BOOM a law that benefits the health care industry.

Doesn't take a genius to read the writing on the wall. But with a good blindfold and ear plugs you can always pretend the Democrats aren't liars, or corporate whores like their butt buddies the Republicans.

Alyosha
01-10-2014, 10:02 AM
the point is johnson lied.

carry on.

Where did Johnson lie? He invoked a doctor and talked of a life-saving procedure. None of that is false. Merely the doctor wants something other than a give me to insurance companies and a national health system.

Cigar
01-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Don't buy it because I'm not an idiot. They had a super majority. NO REPUBLICAN voted yes and it still passed. That means they could have had single payer. Anyone who can do basic math, ie "not a retard" can see that they had the votes for single payer.

Just because people tell you something doesn't make it true. Fun fact.

Democratic candidates received more money from the health care industry that year than Republicans. Surprise, surprise BOOM a law that benefits the health care industry.

Doesn't take a genius to read the writing on the wall. But with a good blindfold and ear plugs you can always pretend the Democrats aren't liars, or corporate whores like their butt buddies the Republicans.

Today is January 10th 2014 ... 80 days from now, it will be March 31st

The ACA (aka-ObamaCare) is American reality, nothing will ever change that.

It will get better, with or without The GOPs help; that's a Fact.

Next Stop - Single Payer

Alyosha
01-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Today is January 10th 2014 ... 80 days from now, it will be March 31st

It will get better, with or without The GOPs help; that's a Fact.

Next Stop - Single Payer

Cigar

I like you. I think you're funny. I think you need to get over this whole everyone is either a Democrat or a Republican, either for you or against you.

It was an ugly George Bush meme which should be retired.

undine
01-10-2014, 10:15 AM

Good stuff! I wonder if Medicare has scared doctors away from improving the quality of life for seniors. :wink:

Cigar
01-10-2014, 10:19 AM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294)

I like you. I think you're funny. I think you need to get over this whole everyone is either a Democrat or a Republican, either for you or against you.

It was an ugly George Bush meme which should be retired.

My claim hasn't changed ... Democrat or Republican

The ACA is in FACT Law ... if you don't like it, make it better, America in NOT going Back to the way it was ... NEVER ... EVER.

Now Real American Citizens have Health Insurance ... if it was unpopular, why would Millions be registering for something unpopular?

Does the make piratical sense to you?

Cigar
01-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Good stuff! I wonder if Medicare has scared doctors away from improving the quality of life for seniors. :wink:

Exactly;

I wonder if anyone on this Forum knows of a Senior who doesn't like Medicare or a Republican Senior who choose to not take advantage of Medicare?

iustitia
01-10-2014, 10:25 AM

Does anyone else ever get creeped out over the "left"'s constant use of foreshadowed inevitability to stifle debate?

"Be on the right side of history."

It's an appeal to an imagined future that has not happened. It's essentially saying you should give up now, not because your arguments are wrong but because you can't win. Nothing is inevitable in politics.

lynn
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
My claim hasn't changed ... Democrat or Republican

The ACA is in FACT Law ... if you don't like it, make it better, America in NOT going Back to the way it was ... NEVER ... EVER.

Now Real American Citizens have Health Insurance ... if it was unpopular, why would Millions be registering for something unpopular?

Does the make piratical sense to you?

Perhaps it is because they are mandated to buy coverage.

Contrails
01-10-2014, 07:55 PM
LOL, both houses controlled by his party, couldn't get "what he wanted" just "what he could pass."

They had a super majority.
There were only 57 Democratic Senators and 2 independents caucusing with them (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/111th_United_States_Congress#Senate) when the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was passed. If you think this constitutes "control", much less a super-majority, then you don't understand how the Senate works.

jillian
01-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Perhaps it is because they are mandated to buy coverage.

just like the heritage foundation wanted.

roadmaster
01-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Good stuff! I wonder if Medicare has scared doctors away from improving the quality of life for seniors. :wink: If you notice not many regular Dr.s will take medicare patients. There is only one place around me that do and not accepting new patients. They will end up in the ER.