PDA

View Full Version : Marriage and marijuana!!!

texan
01-10-2014, 10:23 AM
For those who haven't heard, CALIFORNIA just passed both laws -
Allowing Gay marriage and legalizing use of marijuana.

The fact that gay marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same
day makes perfect biblical sense because Leviticus 20:13 says,
"If a man lies with another man they should be stoned."

We obviously just hadn't interpreted it correctly before...

kilgram
01-10-2014, 11:12 AM

???? I don't understand anything. California was voting to legalize cannabis and homosexual marriage?

Mini Me
01-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Medical MJ has been legal in Cal for years now. But is still illegal under Federal laws. And gay marriage passed recently.

Mini Me
01-10-2014, 05:56 PM

"They should be stoned". Haha. OK, now I get it!

"Everybody must get stoned". B. Dylan

waltky
08-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Hedonistic domestic demand thwarts law enforcement in the war on illegal drugs...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_weed.gif
13% of U.S. Adults Say They Smoke Marijuana, Up From 7% in 2013
August 8, 2016 - Thirteen percent of adults in the United States say they currently smoke marijuana, nearly double the 7 percent who admitting to smoking pot just three years ago, a new Gallup Poll found.

As part of its July 13-17 Consumption Habits poll, Gallup asked poll participants, "Keeping in mind that all of your answers in this survey are confidential, do you, yourself, smoke marijuana?" While 13 percent said yes, they are current users, 43 percent admitted to trying it, up from 38 percent in 2013. The percentage of Americans who say they have tried the drug has slowly increased from 4 percent in 1969. Gallup noted that although use of the drug is prohibited by federal law, four states plus the District of Columbia have legalized recreational use of pot, and five states will vote on whether to legalize marijuana in November (California, Nevada, Arizona, Maine, and Massachusetts).

Half of the states have passed some type of medical marijuana law, and another four will vote on that in November (Arkansas, Florida, Montana, Missouri). Gallup attributes the increase in current marijuana users to states' willingness to legalize marijuana. People in the western U.S., where four states have legalized recreational pot (Colorado, Washington, Alaska and Oregon) were "significantly more likely" to say they smoke marijuana than those in other parts of the country. Age and religion are "key predictors" of currents marijuana use, Gallup found.

http://cnsnews.com/s3/files/styles/ap_image/s3/marijuana-smokers.jpg?itok=cIJFENm6
A scene from the annual 4/20 marijuana festival in Denver, Colorado.

Using aggregated data from 2013, 2015 and 2016, Gallup says only 2 perent of weekly churchgoers and 7 percent of less frequent attenders admitted to using marijuana, but this rises to 14 percent of those who seldom or never attend a religious service. Almost one in five adults (19 percent) under the age of 30 report currently using marijuana -- at least double the rate seen among each older age group. Income and education levels don't seem strongly related to an individual's likelihood of having tried marijuana. Americans who live in households that make less than $30,000 were slightly more likely to report currently using it, however, at 14 percent.

The bottom line, according to Gallup: "As nine states vote on various levels of marijuana legalization this fall, 2016 could mark a significant legal shift on the issue. Recreational use could become legal in as many as nine states (up from only four today), and medicinal use could become legal in an additional four states." Gallup notes that a "clear majority" of Americans support legalizing the drug, and with more states considering some type of legalization, "it's likely that use of and experimentation with marijuana will increase." Gallup bases its poll results on telephone interviews conducted July 13-17, 2016, with a random sample of 1,023 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia. The questions reported here are based on half samples of approximately 500 adults each. For results based on these samples of national adults, the margin of sampling error is ±5 percentage points at the 95% confidence level.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/13-us-adults-say-they-smoke-marijuana-7-2013

Crepitus
08-08-2016, 09:18 PM

waltky
02-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Granny says, "Dat's right - it'll give ya the heebie-jeebies...
http://www.politicalforum.com/images/smilies/icon_grandma.gif
Synthetic marijuana substitutes are likely not safe
February 7, 2017 - Drugs known as K2 or Spice, often sold as “safe” or “legal” versions of marijuana, are none of those things, a research review concludes.

These synthetic cannabinoids (SCBs) are not detectable with standard drug screening for the active substance in marijuana because they are very different, and potentially dangerous, molecules, the study team writes in Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. “Synthetic cannabinoids produce a number of adverse effects such as neurological, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, and renal toxicities as well as tolerance, dependence, and even withdrawal,” lead author Benjamin Ford from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock said.

Evidence of K2 and Spice use in the United States was first reported in 2009, Ford and his colleagues write, but it wasn’t until late 2010 that the National Forensic Laboratory Information System reported tremendous spikes in K2 and Spice product usage. “Alarmingly, there have been over 20 deaths reported between 2011 and 2014 due to some of these toxicities,” Ford told Reuters Health by email. A major issue regarding acute toxicities of SCBs concerns the poor and inconsistent quality control of synthetic cannabinoids in these products, Ford said. “It is common for a single K2 or Spice product to contain between three to five different synthetic cannabinoid compounds at arbitrary, and sometimes dangerous, doses,” he said.

Ford and his colleagues reviewed existing studies of the chemical structure of these compounds, how they work in the brain, how they affect animals in experiments, and the types of side effects seen among human users. Ford concludes that terms like “synthetic marijuana” or "synthetic pot" are very misleading descriptions. They suggest that K2 and Spice products contain marijuana-like compounds and produce effects similar to those of marijuana, he said. But, the SCBs are much more potent than regular marijuana and sometimes cause more intense reactions.

It’s important to note that there is very little crossover between the adverse effects observed with synthetic cannabinoids and marijuana, he added. “The problem is that people are abusing these new synthetic cannabinoid receptor agonists because a lot of them don't show up on the urine tox screen,” Dr. Rana Biary, an emergency physician at NYU Langone Medical Center in New York, told Reuters Health. “So it's a way to bypass any form of drug screen monitoring, and so a lot of people who are regularly having their own drug screens sent on might be using this in lieu of marijuana,” said Biary, who wasn’t involved in the review.

MORE: http://bit.ly/2kumfAA Trends in Pharmacological Sciences, online February 2, 2017.

waltky
03-01-2017, 02:01 AM
Granny says, "Dat's right - it'll make ya goofy too - like dat Colorado gov'ner...
Doctors warn against teen pot use amid looser marijuana laws
February 27, 2017 — An influential doctors group is beefing up warnings about marijuana's potential harms for teens amid increasingly lax laws and attitudes on pot use. Many parents use the drug and think it's OK for their kids, but "we would rather not mess around with the developing brain," said Dr. Seth Ammerman.

The advice comes in a new report from the American Academy of Pediatrics, published Monday in Pediatrics. The group opposes medical and recreational marijuana use for kids. It says emphasizing that message is important because most states have legalized medical use for adults, and many have decriminalized or legalized adults' recreational use. Those trends have led parents to increasingly ask doctors about kids' use, said Ammerman, a Stanford University pediatrics professor who co-wrote the report. "Parents will say, 'I use it moderately and I'm fine with it, so it's really benign and not a problem if my kid uses it,'" he said. Doctors need to know how to respond to that thinking, and parents and teens need to know the risks, Ammerman said.

POTENTIAL HARMS

The brain continues to develop until the early 20s, raising concerns about the potential short- and long-term effects of a mind-altering drug. Some studies suggest that teens who use marijuana at least 10 times a month develop changes in brain regions affecting memory and the ability to plan. Some changes may be permanent, the report says. Frequent use starting in the early teen years may lower IQ scores, and some studies have shown that starting marijuana use at a young age is more likely to lead to addiction than starting in adulthood. Not all teen users develop these problems and some may be more vulnerable because of genetics or other factors.

MEDICAL VERSUS RECREATIONAL USE

Solid research on medical marijuana's effects in children and teens is lacking, although some studies have suggested it may benefit kids with hard-to-treat seizures. The report says other potential benefits, doses and effects are mostly unknown.Recreational use is illegal for those under age 21 even in states that allow adult use. Parents should avoid using marijuana in front of their kids and should keep all marijuana products stored out of kids' sight, the academy says. Some young children who accidentally swallowed their parents' pot-containing cookies or drinks have landed in the emergency room for mostly minor symptoms although some developed breathing problems.

WHO'S USING

Government data show that almost 40 percent of U.S. high school students have tried marijuana, about 20 percent are current users and close to 10 percent first tried it before age 13. Use has increased in recent years among those aged 18 and older but not among young teens. Still, kids aged 12-17 increasingly think that marijuana use is not harmful. Dr. Sheryl Ryan, a Yale University pediatrics professor and lead author of the academy report, said marijuana "is the drug of choice" for many of her teen patients in New Haven, Connecticut. Some think daily use is safe, noting that their parents or grandparents smoked pot in college and turned out OK. But today's marijuana is much more potent and potentially more risky, Ryan said.

Online:

American Academy of Pediatrics: http://www.aap.org/marijuana

National Institute on Drug Abuse: http://tinyurl.com/q22s8uh

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pediatricians-warn-against-pot-use-not-your-dads-marijuana

See also:

Colorado Governor Invokes States' Rights on Recreational Marijuana
February 27, 2017 | Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, a Democrat, invoked states’ rights on Sunday, when he was asked if Attorney General Jeff Sessions might enforce federal law against the recreational use of marijuana.

Hickenlooper told NBC's "Meet the Press" that he opposed recreational marijuana in 2012, when 55 percent of Colorado voters approved a state constitutional amendment allowing personal use of the illegal drug for people over age 21. "It's in our constitution," Hickenlooper said on Sunday. "I took a solemn oath to support our constitution. So, I am -- and it's interesting, it's the sovereignty -- the states have a sovereignty just like the Indian tribes, just like the federal government does. So, it's an interesting--" "You don't think it's clear that the federal government could stop you? You don't think it's a clear-cut case?" host Chuck Todd interrupted. "Exactly. I don't think it is," Hickenlooper replied.

"And I think it's certainly -- it's never my choice to be in conflict with federal law. Let's make that clear. "That being said, so Senator (Cory) Gardner (R-Col.) had talked to Mr. Sessions before he was confirmed, Senator Sessions at that point, and was led to believe that Senator Sessions said, you know, enforcement of marijuana was not going to be their primary -- it wasn't worth rising to the top and becoming a priority. And the implication was you don't have to get -- don't go crazy on this. "Now, obviously things might have changed, and we have to see what happens, but I mean, there are over 60 percent of American people are now in a state where either medical or recreational marijuana is legalized. This has become one of the great social experiments of our time."

Hickenlooper said he's "getting close" to supporting recreational marijuana. "I mean, I don't think I'm quite there yet, but we have made a lot of progress. We didn't see a spike in teenage use. If anything, it's come down in the last year. "And we're getting anecdotal reports of less drug dealers. I mean, that's -- if you get rid of that black market, you got tax revenues to deal with addictions and some of the unintended consequences of legalized marijuana, maybe this system is better than what was admittedly a pretty bad system to begin with."

At the White House last week, spokesman Sean Spicer told reporters, “I do believe you'll see greater enforcement" of federal marijuana laws. He said there’s a “big difference” between medical marijuana and recreational use of the drug, “which is something the Department of Justice I think will be further looking into.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/colorado-governor-invokes-states-rights-recreational-marijuana

waltky
11-20-2017, 06:45 AM
Granny says, "Dat's right - bein' a member of a Rastafarian church ain't gonna cut it no mo'...
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Calif. officials crack down on churches selling marijuana
Nov. 19, 2017 -- California authorities this month are moving to close several churches that have been selling marijuana.

At the Citadel Church of La Puente in La Puente, Calif., Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputies arrested two individuals and seized between $20,000 and $30,000 in marijuana on Nov. 15. In a press release, the LACSD said it conducted a three-week surveillance operation and found the church was actually a "dispensary selling marijuana, concentrated cannabis such as marijuana wax, various marijuana packaging and edibles such as the likes of chocolate bars." Further north in San Jose, Councilwoman Devora Davis is going after two marijuana-friendly churches -- the Coachella Valley Church and the Oklevueha Native American Church -- for being "illegal dispensaries." "It's a priority for me, so I will be doing everything I can to shut down illegal pot clubs, regardless of whether they call themselves churches or not," Davis told the San Jose Mercury News.

Staff at the Coachella Valley Church previously said that their use and sales of marijuana is legal due to religious freedom laws. Members of the church have to be 18 and, if hey have a state-approved medical marijuana card, they can buy non-taxed marijuana and participate in a religious service held once a week. The marijuana is not taxed because the church is classified as a tax-exempt organization. Co-director Donny Lords said the marijuana sales are more like a "donation" and members are encouraged to bring their own supply to the services. "We'll distribute it if somebody forgets to bring it," he said.

https://cdnph.upi.com/svc/sv/upi/3451511132224/2017/1/eabfeed171ca92e8f3e9037739318ca5/Calif-officials-crack-down-on-churches-selling-marijuana.jpg
A man smokes a joint during a 420 event in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park on April 20. In California, several churches that sell marijuana have come under scrutiny by law enforcement officials.

Davis disagrees with the Coachella Valley Church's reading of the tax laws. "They're basically violating law if they don't pay taxes on cannabis sales, even if they're not a dispensary," she said. The three marijuana-selling churches are just the latest to come under scrutiny by California law enforcement. In Roseville, Calif., on Oct. 31, officials sent a cease and desist letter to the Temple for Healing and Meditation just says after the church opened its doors on Oct. 25. The THM doesn't hide the fact that it sells marijuana and it advertises its products on WeedMaps.

But THM's attorney, Christian Peirano, told Fox 40-TV that the selling should be condoned because profit isn't a motive. "The main focus behind 'selling drugs' is whether or not you're exceedingly doing it for a commercial purpose, in other words, just to make a profit," Peirano said. "The marijuana in this particular situation is to sustain the church itself." In Coachella last month, officials won an injunction against the Mien Tao Church of Health, Body and Mind to stop distributing marijuana, reported the Desert Sun. Also in October, police in Yuba County, Calif. arrested 46-year-old Heidi Lepp, the leader of a Rastafarian church, on charges of conspiracy and marijuana cultivation, reported KCRA-TV. Recreational marijuana will be officially legalized in California on Jan. 1, 2018. It's unclear how the new laws regulating marijuana will affect churches that hope to engage in the practice of marijuana distribution.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/11/19/Calif-officials-crack-down-on-churches-selling-marijuana/3451511132224/?utm_source=upi&utm_campaign=mp&utm_medium=4

donttread
11-20-2017, 08:17 AM

LOL . Well there ya go. Now if those crazy shits in the ME can only get the message. As an aside, I'm pretty sure if I were to ever "lie with another man" I'd have to be shit faced drunk. I don't think a little pot would work. LOL

donttread
11-20-2017, 08:21 AM
Granny says, "Dat's right - it'll give ya the heebie-jeebies...
Synthetic marijuana substitutes are likely not safe
February 7, 2017 - Drugs known as K2 or Spice, often sold as “safe” or “legal” versions of marijuana, are none of those things, a research review concludes.

Just another way the "war on drugs" makes things worse. The cure isusually worse that the problem. Much like trans fats are worse than lard and that crap margerine is worse than butter.

ripmeister
11-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Just another way the "war on drugs" makes things worse. The cure isusually worse that the problem. Much like trans fats are worse than lard and that crap margerine is worse than butter.
I always say go natural.

resister
11-20-2017, 12:13 PM
Last time I did spice, I lost half a day or more, the old lady went in the next room to lie down, I was sitting on the couch and took 2 tokes around 2 pm, I nodded off, next thing I know she comes around the corner and I say "what time is it 4 O clock" ? She says 9 Oclock I say "it most certainly is not"

Turns out, it was 9 am the next day, where did that time go? Was I abducted by the spice aliens?

Last time I ever touched it.

donttread
11-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Last time I did spice, I lost half a day or more, the old lady went in the next room to lie down, I was sitting on the couch and took 2 tokes around 2 pm, I nodded off, next thing I know she comes around the corner and I say "what time is it 4 O clock" ? She says 9 Oclock I say "it most certainly is not"

Turns out, it was 9 am the next day, where did that time go? Was I abducted by the spice aliens?

Last time I ever touched it.

Leave making the weed to mother nature

resister
11-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Leave making the weed to mother nature
Very rare for me to do even that, these days. Just beer, works for me. Now when it becomes legal to do so, I intend to grow it, of course I would have to sample it!

donttread
11-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Very rare for me to do even that, these days. Just beer, works for me. Now when it becomes legal to do so, I intend to grow it, of course I would have to sample it!

"He's consuming what he's growing, these days it's self defence"