PDA

View Full Version : More proof of the lunacy of the left.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 12:26 PM
A letter to the editor in today's Knoxville News Sentinel claims that Richard Nixon was the worst president this country has ever had. Citing as proof of this claim the writer states Nixon colluded with Herbert Hoover to spy on Martin Luther King Dr. He also claimed Nixon didn't care when the Soviet Union gassed the Jews. I may not be a well known historian but I don't recall any incident when the Soviet Union gassed Jews. What he may be referring to is a conversation between Nixon and Kissinger discussing what some of the future foreign policy should be. Kissinger said we should not go to war with Russia even if they were gassing the Jews. Nixon agreed and stated that would be a humanitarian issue not a US Foreign Policy Issue. It was purely hypothetical. The writer goes on to say that our unemployment is at a 6 year low thanks to Obama and Obama's presidency has been nothing short of miraculous at the very least.

monty1
01-13-2014, 12:55 PM
A letter to the editor in today's Knoxville News American claims that Richard Nixon was the worst president this country has ever had. Citing as proof of this claim the writer states Nixon colluded with Herbert Hoover to spy on Martin Luther King Dr. He also claimed Nixon didn't care when the Soviet Union gassed the Jews. I may not be a well known historian but I don't recall any incident when the Soviet Union gassed Jews. What he may be referring to is a conversation between Nixon and Kissinger discussing what some of the future foreign policy should be. Kissinger said we should not go to war with Russia even if they were gassing the Jews. Nixon agreed and stated that would be a humanitarian issue not a US Foreign Policy Issue. It was purely hypothetical. The writer goes on to say that our unemployment is at a 6 year low thanks to Obama and Obama's presidency has been nothing short of miraculous at the very least.

Smells like an attempt to get a holocaust discussion going here.

sachem
01-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Smells like an attempt to get a holocaust discussion going here.I don't think so.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 01:04 PM
Smells like an attempt to get a holocaust discussion going here.

No, how did you come up with that? My point is this letter writer doesn't know shit from shinola but is still allowed to vote. You do realize that Kissinger was a Jew so any comment he made was just him being a smart ass.

undine
01-13-2014, 01:10 PM
I can't even find a paper called Knoxville News American.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Right, I had it confused with the old Baltimore News American. Its Knoxville News Sentinel. Sorry about that.

BTW, do you think I am lying about the letter? You won't be able to read it unless you are a subscriber but give it a try.

jillian
01-13-2014, 01:19 PM
A letter to the editor in today's Knoxville News Sentinel claims that Richard Nixon was the worst president this country has ever had. Citing as proof of this claim the writer states Nixon colluded with Herbert Hoover to spy on Martin Luther King Dr. He also claimed Nixon didn't care when the Soviet Union gassed the Jews. I may not be a well known historian but I don't recall any incident when the Soviet Union gassed Jews. What he may be referring to is a conversation between Nixon and Kissinger discussing what some of the future foreign policy should be. Kissinger said we should not go to war with Russia even if they were gassing the Jews. Nixon agreed and stated that would be a humanitarian issue not a US Foreign Policy Issue. It was purely hypothetical. The writer goes on to say that our unemployment is at a 6 year low thanks to Obama and Obama's presidency has been nothing short of miraculous at the very least.

given that you didn't link the letter, we have no way of knowing what side of the political divide the writer is on.

but since it's knoxville, tn, i'm pretty sure that we aren't talking about a liberal. feel free to provide proof if i'm wrong.

and for someone who keeps talking about the lunacy of the left, you some really crazy stuff.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 01:29 PM
If you want to read the letter you will have to buy the paper. Its not online unless you are a subscriber. FYI, Knoxville has a Democrat for Mayor and is the home of the University of Tennessee so not everyone from there is Right Wing. Its also highly unlikely that someone who writes that Nixon was the worst president and Obama is the Second Coming would be right wing.
Here is a link to the comments about that letter.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2014/jan/13/letter-nixon-worst-president/#comments

You can get some sense of his letter from the comments

Mini Me
01-13-2014, 01:32 PM

That's just ONE idiot liberals opinion!

So from that you make the giant leap and broad brush that all liberals are stupid. Poor logic, there Cletus!

monty1
01-13-2014, 01:37 PM
I think so because it's mentioned twice that it was the Russians who gassed the Jews. Sounds like a 'hook' to me! Or maybe just over everybody's head on this forum?

jillian
01-13-2014, 01:38 PM
I think so because it's mentioned twice that it was the Russians who gassed the Jews. Sounds like a 'hook' to me! Or maybe just over everybody's head on this forum?

or maybe one person pointed it out and the rest of us think it's not worth paying attention to?

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 01:43 PM

It has nothing to do with the Holocaust. It has more to do with the idiot writer not knowing his history. Nice way to deflect the thread though. Its so typical.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 01:45 PM

So from that you make the giant leap and broad brush that all liberals are stupid. Poor logic, there Cletus!

Its one of many liberals opinions. Its like the doofus who claimed Guam was going to tip over. Its like the goober who claimed global warming would lead women to turn to prostitution. Its bullshit that liberals just lap up like chocolate ice cream. And why you can't logically comment on a thread then you turn to name calling and hijacking the thread by claiming its about Jews.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 01:46 PM

The name isn't Cletus and I thank you to not resort to name calling or innuendo.

jillian
01-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Its one of many liberals opinions. Its like the doofus who claimed Guam was going to tip over. Its like the goober who claimed global warming would lead women to turn to prostitution. Its bullshit that liberals just lap up like chocolate ice cream. And why you can't logically comment on a thread then you turn to name calling and hijacking the thread by claiming its about Jews.

you're making things up in your head again.

personally? i think nixon was probably the most liberal president we've had in my lifetime... he opened china, ended the vietnam war and started the EPA. the right would hate him today... he'd never get past a primary.

the fact that had he not been paranoid and immoral, he probably would have been considered the best president we've had in modern times.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 01:52 PM
So what am I making up sweetcheeks? The letter itself? You can verify that was written by checking out the link I posted. You can't read the entire letter but you can see the comments on the letter. Am I making up the statements about prostitution and Guam? That's easily verifiable as well. So, just what am I making up? That liberals have their share of looney tunes as well?

jillian
01-13-2014, 01:57 PM
The name isn't Cletus and I thank you to not resort to name calling or innuendo.

you mean like calling a female poster sweetcheeks?

someone as thin-skinned as you probably should try to be more polite to others.

right, snookie bear?

undine
01-13-2014, 01:58 PM
So what am I making up sweetcheeks? The letter itself? You can verify that was written by checking out the link I posted. You can't read the entire letter but you can see the comments on the letter. Am I making up the statements about prostitution and Guam? That's easily verifiable as well. So, just what am I making up? That liberals have their share of looney tunes as well?
Can you copy the pertinent sentence? For all we know, you misinterpreted what he said.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Can you copy the pertinent sentence? For all we know, you misinterpreted what he said.

What pertinent sentence would that be? Its a fucking letter to the editor with several points.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Check out my link if you really are interested, which I doubt.

Ransom
01-13-2014, 03:19 PM
One of my all time favorites. Hank Johnson the Democrat from Georgia who to this day...still sits on the foreign relations committee.

Probably the smartest f'n Dem on that Committee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA

Ransom
01-13-2014, 03:22 PM
And I love the Admiral's response "we don't anticipate that."

This Hank Johnson......a f'n moron of massive proportions..again......to this day Jan 2014, this man sits on our foreign relations committee.

Only a Democrat.

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 03:54 PM
And I love the Admiral's response "we don't anticipate that."

This Hank Johnson......a f'n moron of massive proportions..again......to this day Jan 2014, this man sits on our foreign relations committee.

Only a Democrat.

But has he been targeted by Herbert Hoover like MLK jr was?

nathanbforrest45
01-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Maybe I should point out that
(1). Herbert Hoover was the President of the United States from 1929 to 1932
(2). Herbert Hoover died in 1964
(3). Richard Nixon was elected president in November 1968
(4). Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated in April 1968.
(5). The Russians never gassed the Jews

bladimz
01-13-2014, 04:13 PM
One of my all time favorites. Hank Johnson the Democrat from Georgia who to this day...still sits on the foreign relations committee.

Probably the smartest f'n Dem on that Committee.
I think it's less that he's a democrat and more that he's from Georgia and probably drunk. Either way, it's a pretty stupid comment. Guam should have sued this guy. Before it flips over.

Mainecoons
01-13-2014, 04:30 PM
LOL. Where have you been hiding out Blad?

bladimz
01-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Jeez... mostly modding and trying to keep a low profile, i suppose. :grin: