PDA

View Full Version : The GOP's 2014 Message: Obama Isn't Creating Jobs for Some Reason

Cigar
01-15-2014, 11:51 AM
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/newsroom/img/upload/wire/2014/01/15/AP846236148329/lead_large.jpg

As President Obama heads to North Carolina to unveil a new jobs program, Republicans are gearing up to attack the slow economic recovery from now until the elections in November. Perhaps we shouldn't expect broad bipartisanship on the job creation front.

In a meeting with his caucus on Tuesday, House Speaker John Boehner unveiled polling that had good news for his party: for the first time, Americans consider the sluggish economy to be Obama's fault, not George W. Bush's. The Hill reports (http://thehill.com/homenews/house/195351-boehner-touts-poll-finding-more-blame-obama-for-economy-than-bush) that the party's pollster found that at the end of 2012:

53 percent of voters said “policies of the past” were causing the nation’s economic problems, while 44 percent blamed policies “of the present.” Polling in November 2013 found those numbers largely reversed; 41 percent blame the policies of the past, while 49 percent blame current policies.

("Policies of the past" is Boehner-speak for "Bush.") And since Obama can't blame Bush, he, according to Beohner, has "chosen to talk about rising income inequality, unemployment, and the need to extend emergency unemployment benefits." None of which has to do with improving the economy, apparently.

So Republicans plan to talk about what Rep. Tim Huelskamp evocatively dubbed the "Obummer economy" (with hashtag, of course). "Republicans believe they can exploit the underlying weakness of the job market," The Hill says, "and argue voters should expect a better economic recovery than they are seeing under President Obama’s watch." They plan to make that case, "coupled with repeated attacks on the healthcare law" (which The Hill calls "Obama-Care") to wear down support for Democratic incumbents.

more
http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/01/gops-2014-message-obama-isnt-creating-jobs-some-reason/357035/

So now The GOP cares about creating Jobs rather than Cutting Jobs? :rollseyes:

keymanjim
01-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Ask reid what happened to the 50+ jobs bills the house sent over to the senate.
As a matter of fact, ask him why not a single republican sponsored piece of legislation ever gets voted on?

jillian
01-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Ask reid what happened to the 50+ jobs bills the house sent over to the senate.
As a matter of fact, ask him why not a single republican sponsored piece of legislation ever gets voted on?

there has never been a jobs bill sent by the radical rightwing house.

there have been tax cuts sent over.

those aren't jobs bills.

you're welcome.

keymanjim
01-15-2014, 12:05 PM

those aren't jobs bills.

you're welcome.
Under President Bush we had tax cuts and unemployment went from 6.4% to 4.6%.
How do you explain that?

Kalkin
01-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Obama's 2014 message: I can't lead, so I'll dictate.

Cigar
01-15-2014, 01:05 PM

those aren't jobs bills.

you're welcome.

That's why I don't even bother with the stupid questions. :rollseyes:

jillian
01-15-2014, 01:06 PM

i know... i know... but ... but... but...

Cigar
01-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Obama's 2014 message: I can't lead, so I'll dictate.

I think it was last week I heard GOP Top Presidential Candidate say he delegates most of his authority :biglaugh:

NEXT!

keymanjim
01-15-2014, 03:34 PM
The question is only stupid because you can't answer.
It hurts your butt too much when the fact is exposed that the democrats are the real obstructionists.

zelmo1234
01-15-2014, 03:38 PM

those aren't jobs bills.

you're welcome.

Well they sure put people back to work in the past? Including the 1996 Clinton tax cut!

And do you want to look at the revenue numbers again too? Or do you want to continue living in fantasy land

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Cigar
01-15-2014, 03:39 PM
:rollseyes: really ... I guy is in the WH :grin: Where's yours

zelmo1234
01-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Well let me tack a shot at Obama's Jobs bill?

Stimulus spending on shovel ready infrastructure projects!

Divert hundreds of billions into Green Energy,

Secure fund for the additional unemployment extensions

Raise taxes on those making over 250K so that they are paying there fair share!

Yet that should just about do it!

zelmo1234
01-15-2014, 03:40 PM
OH! I forgot raise the minimum wage!

Kalkin
01-15-2014, 03:42 PM
I think it was last week I heard GOP Top Presidential Candidate say he delegates most of his authority :biglaugh:

NEXT!
Not relevant, but it's nice to hear you've attempted thinking.