PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Hillary Clinton widens lead on Chris Christie

Common
01-16-2014, 04:31 AM
Doesnt mean much at this point, except chubba tubba has lost some luster and if the investigations go wrong for him, he will lose more. I hope he doesnt start binge eating again and snap his tummy tuck band.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has pulled sharply ahead of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in a hypothetical match between the two potential presidential candidates, leading him by 13 percentage points, according to a new poll released Wednesday.
The NBC News/Marist poll (http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_Politics/_Today_Stories_Teases/ChristiePoll.pdf)has Clinton leading Christie with 50 percent of registered voters surveyed saying they’d vote for her if she were up against the New Jersey governor; just 37 percent of those would back Christie against Clinton.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/poll-hillary-clinton-chris-christie-2016-presidential-election-102237.html#ixzz2qYIu9Z38

KC
01-16-2014, 04:36 AM
It's really too bad that these are the choices we're faced with.

BB-35
01-16-2014, 04:47 AM
Doesnt mean much at this point, except chubba tubba has lost some luster and if the investigations go wrong for him, he will lose more. I hope he doesnt start binge eating again and snap his tummy tuck band.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has pulled sharply ahead of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in a hypothetical match between the two potential presidential candidates, leading him by 13 percentage points, according to a new poll released Wednesday.
The NBC News/Marist poll (http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_Politics/_Today_Stories_Teases/ChristiePoll.pdf)has Clinton leading Christie with 50 percent of registered voters surveyed saying they’d vote for her if she were up against the New Jersey governor; just 37 percent of those would back Christie against Clinton.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/poll-hillary-clinton-chris-christie-2016-presidential-election-102237.html#ixzz2qYIu9Z38

Means exactly NOTHING at this point

jillian
01-16-2014, 05:32 AM
Means exactly NOTHING at this point

he said that in his first sentence. but as a snapshot it isn't good for christie. a month ago, they were neck and neck. obviously, it can turn in his favor again. but this will dry up early fundraising and free up money for others. More to the point, the support that is draining away is from the middle -- the people who liked the brand he developed as someone who didn't care about partisanship, just results. And they are the people a national candidate needs.

hanger4
01-16-2014, 06:37 AM
Geebus, call me in 2015 when this might mean something.

jillian
01-16-2014, 06:41 AM
Geebus, call me in 2015 when this might mean something.

i know.. no one is allowed to discuss chris christie. only the ACA…. or benghaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiii

*shrug*

zelmo1234
01-16-2014, 06:55 AM
It is also a pool of registered voters, not likely voters.

but for the Republicans it really is good news, like it or not they are not going to win without there base, and the base would not have voted for Christie!

Mainecoons
01-16-2014, 07:12 AM
The next election will be about rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 07:24 AM
Hillary is too old to run for two terms and Christie's fate depends on what he knew and when he knew it.

What the Republicans should take from this is that running a far right candidate isn't going to net them a vast majority of the votes.

Libhater
01-16-2014, 07:28 AM
What the Republicans should take from this is that running a far right candidate isn't going to net them a vast majority of the votes.

Yeah, it didn't seem to work for Ronnie Reagan's two terms. LOL!

countryboy
01-16-2014, 07:40 AM

You mean, doesn't mean SHIT at this point. Soooo, what's the point of this thread?

countryboy
01-16-2014, 07:46 AM
Hillary is too old to run for two terms and Christie's fate depends on what he knew and when he knew it.

No offense dude, but you couldn't be more clueless about conservatives and the GOP. You might as well register as a democrat, if you already aren't one. I suspect you must be.

How would we know if running a "far right" candidate (libspeak for regular conservative) would be effective?

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 07:47 AM
You mean, doesn't mean SHIT at this point. Soooo, what's the point of this thread?

For the Left-Wingers to laugh at the Right-Wingers bitching and moaning about how this "doesn't mean SHIT".

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 07:48 AM
you couldn't be more clueless about conservatives and the GOP. You might as well register as a democrat, if you already aren't one. I suspect you must be.

Get up on the wrong side of life, countryboy? Why don't you go out and punch something? Another few days in prison would cool you right off.

Mainecoons
01-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Far Right: Anyone who believes that trillion dollar deficits and one disastrous government failure after another need to stop.

OK :grin:

countryboy
01-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Get up on the wrong side of life, countryboy? Why don't you go out and punch something? Another few days in prison would cool you right off.
I have no idea what you are talking about, and I suspect, neither do you. :wink: Which really makes you no different than most of your liberal brethren.

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Yeah, it didn't seem to work for Ronnie Reagan's two terms. LOL!

First, Reagan was a lot more personable than Hillary. Second, since Reagan spent his last few years in office not remembering where he was, the American voters have grown skeptical about electing Presidents over a certain age.

Are you a closet Hillary supporter, Lib?

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 07:52 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about, and I suspect, neither do you. :wink:

I have a pretty good idea. Your anger and comments are free for all to see.

Mainecoons
01-16-2014, 07:52 AM
Correct, Roadmaster, and Reagan talked a lot better game than he actually played. There's no doubt that he was in mental decline in his second term, he listened to those damn Bushes.

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Far Right: Anyone who believes that trillion dollar deficits and one disastrous government failure after another need to stop.

OK :grin:Right: Anyone who believes that trillion dollar deficits and one disastrous government failure after another need to stop.

Far Right: Anyone who believes it's a good idea to shut down and collapse the government to achieve that goal.

countryboy
01-16-2014, 07:54 AM
I have a pretty good idea. Your anger and comments are free for all to see.
You're damn right I'm angry. I have every right to be when progressives such as yourself call themselves "republicans".

hanger4
01-16-2014, 07:58 AM
ACA and Benghazi are current. Spare me the polls on 2016 when as of yet their are no candidates.

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 07:59 AM
Correct, Roadmaster, and Reagan talked a lot better game than he actually played. There's no doubt that he was in mental decline in his second term, he listened to those damn Bushes.

True. Besides, Hillary is not only too controversial for her Far Left views, but the Benghazi mess is still in her lap. Even other Democrats agree she fucked up.

Democrats join GOP to blame State in Benghazi (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/01/15/benghazi-senate-report-clinton/4490727/)

Congressional Democrats for the first time joined the GOP to condemn the State Department for refusing security measures they say could have prevented the deaths of the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans in Benghazi.

The report, worked on for months and released Wednesday by a bipartisan Senate intelligence committee, also says 15 people in Libya who have tried to help the FBI investigate the murders have been killed.

The report was prepared by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and found that State, then under Hillary Clinton, refused requests to boost security despite warnings from the CIA and its own staff about the danger of militant attacks.

"The attacks were preventable, based on extensive intelligence reporting on the terrorist activity in Libya — to include prior threats and attacks against Western targets — and given the known security shortfalls at the U.S. Mission," the committee said in a statement.

Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the Sept. 11, 2012, attacks after having made requests for more security to the State Department.

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 08:02 AM
You're damn right I'm angry. I have every right to be when progressives such as yourself call themselves "republicans".
I'm not a Republican. Too many angry assholes who are blinded by their own hate.

I was a member of the GOP for 38 years. To paraphrase Ronald Reagon, "I didn't leave the Republican Party. The Republican Party left me."

When I joined, the GOP was all about fiscal responsibility and national defense. Now it's about abortion, gay marriage and school prayer while letting the spending train speed on unhindered.

countryboy
01-16-2014, 08:06 AM
I'm not a Republican. Too many angry assholes who are blinded by their own hate.

I was a member of the GOP for 38 years. To paraphrase Ronald Reagon, "I didn't leave the Republican Party. The Republican Party left me."

When I joined, the GOP was all about fiscal responsibility and national defense. Now it's about abortion, gay marriage and school prayer while letting the spending train speed on unhindered.
You don't seem overly concerned about fiscal responsibility. Unless one considers the piling on of more spending and debt to be "fiscally responsible".

Don't confuse anger with hatred.

jillian
01-16-2014, 08:10 AM

you have the right to be angry that a fellow conservative rejects your extremist views. but most people do or you'd have won the last bunch of national elections. even redstate viginia ran the blue column this past election day.

i suspect part of the problem is you can't tell an actual conservative like road warrior from people on the other side of the aisle.

countryboy
01-16-2014, 08:14 AM
you have the right to be angry that a fellow conservative rejects your extremist views. but most people do or you'd have won the last bunch of national elections. even redstate viginia ran the blue column this past election day.

i suspect part of the problem is you can't tell an actual conservative like road warrior from people on the other side of the aisle.
Ya hear that Road Warrior? Jillian has declared you "an actual conservative". You must be so proud.

Chris
01-16-2014, 08:19 AM
"Poll: Hillary Clinton widens lead on Chris Christie"

A lefty extremist leads a lefty moderate. Amazing, simply amazing. Another reason not to vote.

jillian
01-16-2014, 08:20 AM
You don't seem overly concerned about fiscal responsibility. Unless one considers the piling on of more spending and debt to be "fiscally responsible".

Don't confuse anger with hatred.

but the extremists don't care about the economy... or the debt. if they did, they wouldn't have shut down the government costing our economy 24 billion

(cue chris demanding link for the hundredth time http://business.time.com/2013/10/16/sp-says-government-shutdown-cost-economy-24-billion/ )

not to mention the cost of 43 votes to repeal the ACA:

Last year, CBS News calculated that the first 33 votes to repeal health care reform took up approximately 80 hours of floor time from the House, or roughly two weeks. The Congressional Research Service said it costshttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/) $24 million to run the House for a week, so the first 33 votes cost taxpayers approximately $48 million.
The numbers translate to approximately $1.45 million per vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act in the House of Representatives. Adding in the three votes since CBS News’ report last year plus Thursday’s planned vote would add $5.8 million to the total

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/05/16/obamacare-repeal-votes-costs-tens-of-millions/

you might also want to stop voting michele bachmann her farm subsidies and paying her husband to pray away the gay.

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 08:20 AM
Ya hear that @Road Warrior (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=575)? Jillian has declared you "an actual conservative". You must be so proud.

Being a moderate is like being a U.S. soldier in Bosnia/Herzegovnia - both sides disagree with you and see you as being on the opposite side. Some to the point of shooting you in the back.

To the far Right, I'm labeled a progressive, a liberal. To the far Left, I'm a fascist, war-mongering corporate suck-up. As long as I'm pissing off both extremes equally I figure I'm doing okay.

jillian
01-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Being a moderate is like being a U.S. soldier in Bosnia/Herzegovnia - both sides disagree with you and see you as being on the opposite side. Some to the point of shooting you in the back.

To the far Right, I'm labeled a progressive, a liberal. To the far Left, I'm a fascist, war-mongering corporate suck-up. As long as I'm pissing off both extremes equally I figure I'm doing okay.

i just think you're to the right and aren't nuts like the wackadoodles.

jillian
01-16-2014, 08:23 AM
Ya hear that @Road Warrior (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=575)? Jillian has declared you "an actual conservative". You must be so proud.

a reactionary like you wouldn't be able to tell.

Chris
01-16-2014, 08:23 AM
but the extremists don't care about the economy... or the debt. if they did, they wouldn't have shut down the government costing our economy 24 billion

(cue chris demanding link for the hundredth time http://business.time.com/2013/10/16/sp-says-government-shutdown-cost-economy-24-billion/ )

not to mention the cost of 43 votes to repeal the ACA:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/05/16/obamacare-repeal-votes-costs-tens-of-millions/

you might also want to stop voting michele bachmann her farm subsidies and paying her husband to pray away the gay.

Do you even understand the basis of the S&P assessment, jillian? I would present arguments countering it for the 100th time, but I know you will just run away unable to argue your point.

I see you've got a new piece of BS. What is $24M x 52 week's worth of waste?

countryboy
01-16-2014, 08:25 AM

You may have a point. But to me a "moderate" is nothing more than wishy washy. I honestly don't understand your position on "fiscal responsibility". Perhaps you could explain to me how piling on more spending and debt is "fiscally responsible", or, "fixing it".

countryboy
01-16-2014, 08:26 AM
a reactionary like you wouldn't be able to tell.
And a LWNJ like you would? Riiiiight.....

zelmo1234
01-16-2014, 08:28 AM

Virginia has the Burbs of DC and will likely be very hard to carry with the massive expansion of government that has created this populations in VA!

What the Democrats are going to be facing is the Black vote! This will likely return to historic levels, and Hilary while she will move some of the women's vote, she is not real popular with women!

If Rubio is on the ticket he will swing some Hispanic vote! even if he is just VP which I suspect he will be!

And the Democrats will not carry the youth vote with Hilary as they will likely vote third party or just not vote as they have in the past!

If the republicans run a candidate acceptable to the base they can count an about an additional 5 million votes and if as everyone suspects the economy is still in decline many will be tired of the policies of the Democrats!

Not to mention that we could be involved in a debt crisis by the 2016 elections! then all bets are off and a third party really has a chance!

Mainecoons
01-16-2014, 08:28 AM
By that definition, there are no far right candidates running and the TP is not far right either. Maybe the KKK qualifies?

Now if we are talking temporary government shut down, I guess Obama and Reid are now far right.

OK :grin:

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 08:36 AM
You may have a point. But to me a "moderate" is nothing more than wishy washy.
Which partially explains your dislike for me, but doesn't explain why you have anger-management issues.

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 08:48 AM
By that definition, there are no far right candidates running and the TP is not far right either.

There are no candidates running. They'd be silly to stick their dicks out onto the table and just leave it there for everyone to take a slice at over the next two years.

In fact, I doubt we've even heard much from those who are the RNC candidates mostly likely to take a national election. They'll work on maintaining a good political record but keep their Presidential ambitions close to the vest until mid-2015 or later.

I think Christie is still in play, but a lot depends on whether or not he knew about the bridge BS. If he didn't know, he should have known and the Democrats will play that up in an election, but he can weather it. Obama has done so numerous times!

Cruz and Paul, like Hillary, are too controversial to win a national election, but also like Hillary, they will be good for fund raising and rallying the base.

countryboy
01-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Which partially explains your dislike for me, but doesn't explain why you have anger-management issues.
I like you all right Max, I just cannot suffer your untenable political positions.

Again, you're confusing "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore", with "anger management issues".

Libhater
01-16-2014, 08:51 AM
First, Reagan was a lot more personable than Hillary. Second, since Reagan spent his last few years in office not remembering where he was, the American voters have grown skeptical about electing Presidents over a certain age.
Are you a closet Hillary supporter, Lib?

Reagan more personality than the Hilabeast? Yeah, that's a given. In your liberal mind Reagan had spent his last few years in office not remembering where he was. Give me some examples from Reagan's last few years in office where his governing would lead you believe he lost his mind?
And yeah, you caught me....I'm a big time supporter of the Hilabeast.

nathanbforrest45
01-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Hilliary has a brain tumor. She won't last out the campaign.

BTW, She is also extraordinarily ugly and would make the United States the laughing stock of the world if we elected such a hideous creature. She would be the first president the networks asked to give interviews from behind a screen.

Mainecoons
01-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Reagan more personality than the Hilabeast? Yeah, that's a given. In your liberal mind Reagan had spent his last few years in office not remembering where he was. Give me some examples from Reagan's last few years in office where his governing would lead you believe he lost his mind?
And yeah, you caught me....I'm a big time supporter of the Hilabeast.

I did. He listened to "read my lips" Bush and started raising taxes instead of going to the mat with the liberals over spending.

==

Max Rockatansky
01-16-2014, 09:22 AM

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1990-02-23/news/9001160156_1_iran-contra-testimony-recall
But his deposition did reveal startling gaps in the memory of the 79-year-old former president. In all, Reagan said ``I don`t recall`` or ``I can`t remember`` 88 times in the eight hours of testimony taken Feb. 16-17 in Los Angeles.

At one point, Reagan said he could not identify Gen. John Vessey, who served for more than three years as his chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. At other times, he said he could not identify a picture of contra leader Adolfo Calero, could not recall a shipment of Hawk missiles to Iran in November 1985, had no memory of signing one presidential finding relating to the shipment of weapons to Iran and had only the slightest recollection of signing a second such finding.

He also appeared hazy on the identity of Eugene Hasenfus, an American whose shooting down over Nicaragua helped precipitate the unraveling of the then-secret Iran-contra operation. And Reagan seemed totally unable to recall what the Tower Commission-a panel he appointed in December 1986 to investigate the affair-said in its report three months later.

Despite concerns that some material would have to be withheld from the public because of national security considerations, the judge released the entire transcript of the deposition once the Bush administration said it saw no need for deletions.

Libhater
01-16-2014, 09:27 AM
I did. He listened to "read my lips" Bush and started raising taxes instead of going to the mat with the liberals over spending.

Yes he raised taxes but you like others have a misunderstanding of Reagan's approach to and dealing with taxes while also dealing with a Democratic congress.
I'll leave you with a link that will undoubtedly help you to learn the truth over Reagan's tax hikes by putting it all into context.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/06/ronald-reagan-raised-taxes-11-times-the-real-story/

BB-35
01-16-2014, 10:53 AM
he said that in his first sentence. but as a snapshot it isn't good for christie. a month ago, they were neck and neck. obviously, it can turn in his favor again. but this will dry up early fundraising and free up money for others. More to the point, the support that is draining away is from the middle -- the people who liked the brand he developed as someone who didn't care about partisanship, just results. And they are the people a national candidate needs.
No he didn',he said it doesn't mean MUCH, I said it doesn't matter at ALL

monty1
01-16-2014, 01:18 PM
It matters now because the shit is still going to be hitting the fan for Christie right up until election time. The Dems are going to make sure of that. But in any case, the middle of the road voters have seen his true nature revealed and they aren't going to be fooled by Christie's tough guy antics any longer. That leaves him with the Repub base and they're split down the middle with the extreme right teabaggers hating him because he got to close to Obama. It's safe to write Christie off as any kind of a threat from the REpubs. already.

He was obviously a very flawed personality anyway. This can only be seen as bad news for the Dems as the Repubs won't waste any time with him and they'll get straight to a mainstream Repub candidate. Their base will be asked to hold their noses and support Bush3. They will.