PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Boehner: “What an asshole”

Max Rockatansky
01-18-2014, 01:33 PM
My respect for Speaker John Boehner has increased with a recent revelation by Rep. Joaquin Castro in Texas Monthly.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/behind-the-scenes-of-joaquin-castros-first-year-in-congress?fullpage=1

Throughout the year a popular explanation for Republicans’ unwillingness to move on immigration was the lack of diversity in their gerrymandered congressional districts. Simply put, most don’t have enough Hispanics for the issue to really matter to their reelections. A few of the less tactful Republicans seemed to even go out of their way to express disdain for immigrants. In July Steve King, a tea party Republican from Iowa, compared DREAMers to drug mules with “calves the size of cantaloupes.” King’s comments sparked blowback, prompting Speaker Boehner to address the issue at a press conference. The speaker deemed King’s comments “deeply offensive and wrong” and reassured the public that the comments did not “reflect the values of the American people, or the Republican Party.”

The Democratic caricature of the speaker is that he’s an overly tan, overly emotional cat-herder who has lost control of his flock, but in person, he comes across as approachable and down-to-earth, and you can see how he earned the trust of his colleagues and became their leader. On a day not too long after Boehner’s political body check of Steve King for his immigration comments, the speaker was milling around the aisle walkway in the middle section of the House floor where the Democratic and Republican territories meet. Another Texas Democrat and I were standing a few feet away, and as the speaker passed us we thanked him for denouncing King’s offensive comments. He slowed his stride and then paused to turn toward us. “What an asshole,” he said. My thoughts exactly, Mr. Speaker.

monty1
01-18-2014, 01:38 PM
There's no doubt teabaggers are assholes but Boehner only stands up for right because he knows his party need the Hispanics. In truth he doesn't have any respect for them at all. And the worst part about it is that they know it!

Great to hear of another wedge being driven into the Repub party though.

donttread
01-18-2014, 01:44 PM
I think your respect is misplaces. He is the ultimate big government republican and a big tobacco whore to boot

My respect for Speaker John Boehner has increased with a recent revelation by Rep. Joaquin Castro in Texas Monthly.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/behind-the-scenes-of-joaquin-castros-first-year-in-congress?fullpage=1

Max Rockatansky
01-18-2014, 01:46 PM
There's no doubt teabaggers are assholes but Boehner only stands up for right because he knows his party need the Hispanics.

I'm sure the idea that millions of religious, family-oriented traditionalists switching parties and signing up to vote Republican scares the organic vegetarian shit out of Left-Wingers.

monty1
01-18-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm sure the idea that millions of religious, family-oriented traditionalists switching parties and signing up to vote Republican scares the organic vegetarian shit out of Left-Wingers.

O.K. we can change the subject if you like. I'm not a vegetarian but isn't it stupid of you to alienate vegetarians too when it serves no purpose other than to pacify your need to hate others who differ from you in any way?

Whatever? Fill your boots and hate away!

Max Rockatansky
01-18-2014, 02:18 PM
O.K. we can change the subject if you like.

Dude, you're the one who brought up that Speaker Boehner only did this due to pandering to Hispanics. My comment was that the Left is correct to be worried that the Republican Party will look past their wrongful perceptions of Hispanics and see them as the future of the Republican Party for the reasons mentioned.

Matty
01-18-2014, 02:33 PM
O.K. we can change the subject if you like. I'm not a vegetarian but isn't it stupid of you to alienate vegetarians too when it serves no purpose other than to pacify your need to hate others who differ from you in any way?

Whatever? Fill your boots and hate away!

Mini Me
01-18-2014, 03:54 PM
Dude, you're the one who brought up that Speaker Boehner only did this due to pandering to Hispanics. My comment was that the Left is correct to be worried that the Republican Party will look past their wrongful perceptions of Hispanics and see them as the future of the Republican Party for the reasons mentioned.

The Rethuglicans always loved the Hispanics when they slave away in their factories. Now, don't think the Hispanics don't resent being paid less than white American wages! So no, they will not vote for the Rethugs, anytime soon!

And the Duhmocraps love the Hispanics because they vote for them, illegal or not!

Max Rockatansky
01-18-2014, 11:03 PM
The Rethuglicans always loved the Hispanics when they slave away in their factories. Now, don't think the Hispanics don't resent being paid less than white American wages! So no, they will not vote for the Rethugs, anytime soon!

And the Duhmocraps love the Hispanics because they vote for them, illegal or not!

Despite your emotional dramatics, the fact remains those who succeed in politics succeed because they are doing the will of "We, the People".

Want to believe everyone but you is an fucking moron and ONLY YOU know the answer to all, fine. Go for it. YOU have no control over the person in the voting booth.

Want to believe people are stupid, brain-washed and meat-robots? Fine. YOU DO THAT. All you are doing is insulting millions of Americans voters who are a lot smarter than you give them credit for being. So go right ahead and think you are better than them. It's your choice since you live in a FREE COUNTRY.

If you lived in the country you keep whining about, you'd be arrested TONIGHT, dragged out of your home and never heard from again. When you post again tomorrow whining again, I'll take that as proof you live in a FREE COUNTRY.

monty1
01-18-2014, 11:21 PM
Despite your emotional dramatics, the fact remains those who succeed in politics succeed because they are doing the will of "We, the People".

Want to believe everyone but you is an fucking moron and ONLY YOU know the answer to all, fine. Go for it. YOU have no control over the person in the voting booth.

Want to believe people are stupid, brain-washed and meat-robots? Fine. YOU DO THAT. All you are doing is insulting millions of Americans voters who are a lot smarter than you give them credit for being. So go right ahead and think you are better than them. It's your choice since you live in a FREE COUNTRY.

If you lived in the country you keep whining about, you'd be arrested TONIGHT, dragged out of your home and never heard from again. When you post again tomorrow whining again, I'll take that as proof you live in a FREE COUNTRY.

Essentially he's right and your attack on him for what he said isn't even relevant. Again, you come off as an uneducated teenager who's all wrapped up in himself. The 'roadwarrior' romantic name was the giveaway for me. Time to consider you irrelevant until you can demonstrate something more intelligent than that cheap attack.

zelmo1234
01-19-2014, 06:13 AM
It really does not matter, Immigration laws are not enforced and the democrats are fighting voter ID so they can get illegals to the polls.

As Monty can tell you even Canada has tougher immigration laws than the USA including tying the Anchor babies ability to receive benefits to the status of the parent!

It is likely that the Speaker will push for immigration reforms, Yet right now he does not have the support as there is bi partisan decent! he wants to be liked. And is facing a primary that may end his career!

And while the second and third generation Hispanic voter is more aligned with the Republican party in values and lifestyle. the first generation will vote for free stuff!

hanger4
01-19-2014, 07:06 AM
Essentially he's right and your attack on him for what he said isn't even relevant. Again, you come off as an uneducated teenager who's all wrapped up in himself. The 'roadwarrior' romantic name was the giveaway for me. Time to consider you irrelevant until you can demonstrate something more intelligent than that cheap attack.And you chastize others for posting off topic. To funny.

Mainecoons
01-19-2014, 07:18 AM
Do yourself a favor, put monty the ranter on ignore. He's a nut case.

Max Rockatansky
01-19-2014, 08:12 AM
Essentially he's right and your attack on him for what he said isn't even relevant. Again, you come off as an uneducated teenager who's all wrapped up in himself. The 'roadwarrior' romantic name was the giveaway for me. Time to consider you irrelevant until you can demonstrate something more intelligent than that cheap attack.

Still pissed at the dressing down I gave you? Relax, Monty. You'll live.

Max Rockatansky
01-19-2014, 08:23 AM
Rep. King responds to the Speaker calling him an asshole.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/17/boehner-called-rep-steve-king-an-asshole-says-lawmaker/

“There can be honest disagreements about policy without using hateful language,” King said. “Everyone needs to remember that. I want to be clear. There’s no place in this debate for hateful or ignorant comments from elected officials. What he said does not reflect the values of the American people or the Republican Party, and we all need to do our work in a constructive, open and respectful way.”

His comment is ironic for two reasons; one, it's a near-verbatim comment of what the Speaker himself said and, two, he's the elected official who made hateful and ignorant comments.

Speaker John Boehner was not happy with Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King last year, after King said that many of the so-called “DREAMers” were drug mules, according to an essay by Democratic Rep. Joaquin Castro.

During the immigration debate that never really began in the House, King opined that for every DREAMer who was “a valedictorian, there’s another 100 out there who weigh 130 pounds and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’re hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.”

Boehner publicly condemned the statement, saying, “I want to be clear, there is no place in this debate for hateful or ignorant comments from elected officials.”

jillian
01-19-2014, 08:45 AM

i have no doubt that if he didn't have to deal with his lunatic fringe that boehner would be a better speaker. the problem is he hasn't been able to control that fringe. so yes, he's correct in his assessment about king. but yet lets him and other extremists keep the grown ups from doing their job.

Max Rockatansky
01-19-2014, 08:51 AM
i have no doubt that if he didn't have to deal with his lunatic fringe that boehner would be a better speaker. the problem is he hasn't been able to control that fringe. so yes, he's correct in his assessment about king. but yet lets him and other extremists keep the grown ups from doing their job.

That fringe is falling out of favor with the American public. In some ways, the Speaker is doing what the mother of a brat is doing; letting the kid scream and spin itself out. The Tea Party isn't down for the count, but unless they realize they are a fringe movement and seek to regain public favor, they'll stay on the edges.

http://www.people-press.org/2013/10/16/tea-partys-image-turns-more-negative/

The Tea Party is less popular than ever, with even many Republicans now viewing the movement negatively. Overall, nearly half of the public (49%) has an unfavorable opinion of the Tea Party, while 30% have a favorable opinion.

The balance of opinion toward the Tea Party has turned more negative since June, when 37% viewed it favorably and 45% had an unfavorable opinion. And the Tea Party’s image is much more negative today than it was three years ago, shortly after it emerged as a conservative protest movement against Barack Obama’s policies on health care and the economy.

In February 2010, when the Tea Party was less well known, the balance of opinion toward the movement was positive (33% favorable vs. 25% unfavorable). Unfavorable opinion spiked to 43% in 2011 after Republicans won a House majority and Tea Party members played a leading role in that summer’s debt ceiling debate.

http://www.people-press.org/files/2013/10/10-16-2013_1.png

zelmo1234
01-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Here is the thing, Most Americans are tired of the open boarder. However Democrats will not close the boarder until there is a significant Terrorist attack that can be traced back to an illegal boarder crossing

Then all hell will break loose and after the try to blame someone else! They will actually start to commit murder on the southern boarder, as they will support policies that in encourage shooting illegal crossers

Hell hath no fury like a liberal scorned.

The RINO Republicans like the Speaker want to be liked more than anything. and they have been told that to make Hispanics like them they need to make them legal. they will try.

As for the TEA party? The only news they are making at this time is that they are hated, because there is not an election going on! People still support the idea of smaller government a tax reform. Dems have done a fantastic job tying a lot of social and racial things to the TEA party.

Racism is fading and the public are become immune to the cry's of the Dems, and the tide is turning on some social issues, Abortion is less popular among women now that in the 70's

But the real change will still not come until insolvency and the collapse of the dollar!

Then the right will get the country that they want! As it will be the only option left. unfortunately there will likely be million that suffer and many that die because of the policies of the current and for that matter several past government administrations!

Max Rockatansky
01-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Here is the thing, Most Americans are tired of the open boarder. However Democrats will not close the boarder until there is a significant Terrorist attack that can be traced back to an illegal boarder crossing

You want to build a fence across the 5,525 miles of the US-Canadian border? IMO, that would be not only silly and cost-prohibitive, but the Canadians would just go around it, under it or over it. A better method is to remove the incentive for Canadians to come to the USA. Stop hiring Canucks as movie stars and comedians and stop electing them to political office. Arrest and jail anyone who does hire them or gives them shelter.

zelmo1234
01-19-2014, 09:21 AM
You want to build a fence across the 5,525 miles of the US-Canadian border? IMO, that would be not only silly and cost-prohibitive, but the Canadians would just go around it, under it or over it. A better method is to remove the incentive for Canadians to come to the USA. Stop hiring Canucks as movie stars and comedians and stop electing them to political office. Arrest and jail anyone who does hire them or gives them shelter.

I do not really worry about the Northern Boarder, Canada does a pretty good job of keeping the riff raff out of there country

The Southern boarder is the problem, and it should be secure, as a matter of fact without secure boarders? you really don't have a country

But here is an easy way to solve the issue. The USA should treat illegals, the same way that the country they are from would treat illegals

That would put an end to the problem on the southern boarder!

Max Rockatansky
01-19-2014, 09:22 AM
The insidious Canadian conspiracy to dominate the entertainment industry: http://www.imdb.com/search/name?birth_place=Canada

Max Rockatansky
01-19-2014, 09:23 AM
I do not really worry about the Northern Boarder, Canada does a pretty good job of keeping the riff raff out of there country

The Southern boarder is the problem, and it should be secure, as a matter of fact without secure boarders? you really don't have a country

But here is an easy way to solve the issue. The USA should treat illegals, the same way that the country they are from would treat illegals

That would put an end to the problem on the southern boarder!

What way does Mexico treat illegals?

monty1
01-19-2014, 01:36 PM
Still pissed at the dressing down I gave you? Relax, Monty. You'll live.

Well Max? it really did hurt a lot because of how much I respect your opinion! But I'll try to get over it soon. Should I pray?

patrickt
01-19-2014, 01:43 PM
OP: "Another Texas Democrat and I were standing a few feet away, and as the speaker passed us we thanked him for denouncing King’s offensive comments. He slowed his stride and then paused to turn toward us. “What an asshole,” he said. My thoughts exactly, Mr. Speaker."

Rep. Boehner knows that he and left-wing Democrats share some values. Big government, more spending, higher taxes, and open borders. If Rep. Boehner had passed Republicans he would happily laughed and said, "I got carried away."

Monty1: "There's no doubt teabaggers are assholes...."

That would be, there is no doubt on the part of left-wing vegetarian Obamabots supporters of the Tea Party are assholes...

Teabaggers are most often left-wing vegetarian Democrats.

monty1
01-19-2014, 01:56 PM
OP: "Another Texas Democrat and I were standing a few feet away, and as the speaker passed us we thanked him for denouncing King’s offensive comments. He slowed his stride and then paused to turn toward us. “What an asshole,” he said. My thoughts exactly, Mr. Speaker."

Rep. Boehner knows that he and left-wing Democrats share some values. Big government, more spending, higher taxes, and open borders. If Rep. Boehner had passed Republicans he would happily laughed and said, "I got carried away."

Monty1: "There's no doubt teabaggers are assholes...."

That would be, there is no doubt on the part of left-wing vegetarian Obamabots supporters of the Tea Party are assholes...

Teabaggers are most often left-wing vegetarian Democrats.

Do you really think Boehner is for higher taxes? On who? Surely not the top 10% where taxes need to be raised? Maybe raising taxes on the rest of the people because that would be consistent with the right's ideology.

And how would a teabagger like Cruz or Paul be any better? Isn't it pretty obvious that the teabaggers' leaders are all playing the little guys for the racist hate they can get out of them? Don't the Koch brothers and their ilk understand that they're going to lose all the little peons when Obama is gone from office and the object of their racist hate is gone too?

REally, I think you Americans are getting it because you're nearly all proclaiming that there is no hope on the other threads. You know the teabaggers aren't going to save the day because Cruz blew it for the movement with the gov shutdown.

The future is big government and either one major party of the other. Get used to the idea!

On the positive side, the Dems will raise taxes and that's what will fix most of your problems overnight.

Newpublius
01-19-2014, 03:35 PM
The future is big government and either one major party of the other. Get used to the idea!

On the positive side, the Dems will raise taxes and that's what will fix most of your problems overnight.

Well, I acknowledge the likely outcome, but I'm not going to simply 'get used to the idea' - I'll fight it tooth and nail until the day I'm dead. Implementing the social market economy will make the United States 1/3 poorer.

Kalkin
01-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Lol at the irony of you whining about cheap attacks.

Max Rockatansky
01-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Well Max? it really did hurt a lot because of how much I respect your opinion! But I'll try to get over it soon. Should I pray?

Obviously it must have hurt and you do respect my opinion. Otherwise, why all of the attention?

Remember when you were 7 and you hit the girl you liked? Yeah, like that.