PDA

View Full Version : Another Republican Enters the Presidential Race.....

MMC
07-21-2011, 02:53 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/la-ex-governor-roemer-enters-presidential-race-171545313.html
AP – 1 hr 17 mins ago.....

HANOVER, N.H. (AP) — Kicking off his presidential campaign in New Hampshire, former Louisiana Gov. Buddy Roemer says he may be no one, but he's the only one ready to fight a corrupt political system.

Roemer, who's been out of office for 16 years, officially launched his campaign Thursday at Dartmouth College.

A Democrat-turned-Republican, Roemer served as Louisiana governor from 1988 to 1992.

Another Hopeful to jump in the race. Wonder who is backing this guy? Anyone else noticing that the More GOP that jump in the more that this divides down? Says he has been already campaigning hard in New Hampshire.....Moreover he is another Democrat turned Republican. Thoughts?

Conley
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Part of me wonders why these longshots even enter the race...they have no chance, right?

But then again, I remember no one gave Bubba from Arkansas a shot...and Obama had zero chance going against the Clintons

So, who knows? I love the wide open nature of these campaigns, but it still pisses me off that so much of our country's future is decided by Iowa and New Hampshire. I mean really!!!

MMC
07-21-2011, 03:32 PM
I agree with you on that Aspect.....I understand why in the beginning they did what they did with both States. But now today.....there should be no more significance given to them over other states. Especially since neither of them states have large populations.

MMC
07-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Part of me wonders why these longshots even enter the race...they have no chance, right?

But then again, I remember no one gave Bubba from Arkansas a shot...and Obama had zero chance going against the Clintons

So, who knows? I love the wide open nature of these campaigns, but it still pisses me off that so much of our country's future is decided by Iowa and New Hampshire. I mean really!!!

Personally I think if he has been campaigning hard in New Hampshire already.....then the question comes again as to who is backing him. Not to mention who will he pull voters from that are top tier candidates? Also who in the GOP is using him for this tactic. >:D