PDA

View Full Version : Christie plummets in new poll, now trails Clinton in matchup

Common
01-21-2014, 07:29 PM
Its starting to look like Christie may get damaged enough to disallow him to win the GOP Primary, that will make the far right happy and every Police Officer, Fireman and Corrections officer in New Jersey.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) has plummeted since the George Washington Bridge scandal in a head-to-head match-up against Hillary Clinton, according to a new Quinnipiac poll.

Christie dropped 9 percentage points in the poll, and now trails Clinton 46 percent to 38 percent in a potential general election matchup. That reverses a December poll that showed Christie leading Clinton 42 percent to 41 percent.
The biggest turnaround comes from independent voters. Christie bested Clinton among independents by 15 percentage points in December. Now he trails her by 1 percentage point.
The amount of voters who believe Christie would make a good president has also dropped by 14 points in a month. Thirty-five percent of people think he would make a good president — down from 49 percent in December.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/195987-poll-christie-drops-behind-clinton-in-2016-matchup

Cigar
01-21-2014, 07:32 PM
Stick a fork in him, if you can. :)

exotix
01-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Either Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz will run on a Benghazi platform ... I mean c'mon ... what else they got ?

Mainecoons
01-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Never underestimate the power of the leftist media to mug any Republican that looks like a serious challenger.

If you're a Republican, its' guilty until proven innocent and we'll put the guilty part on the front page and bury the exoneration back on page 20.

Common, Cigar and Exo show how easy it is for these media to dangle them around like little mindless puppets. Couple of sensationalized, editorialized "news" stories that are really nothing but opinion and slander, and these clowns run to their keyboards and start threads.

Green Arrow
01-21-2014, 08:02 PM
It hardly matters. There are plenty of bad Republicans to take his place. I still think with Christie down, they are going to default to Jeb Bush and we'll have another Clinton-Bush redux.

exotix
01-21-2014, 08:03 PM
Never underestimate the power of the leftist media to mug any Republican that looks like a serious challenger.

If you're a Republican, its' guilty until proven innocent and we'll put the guilty part on the front page and bury the exoneration back on page 20.

Common, Cigar and Exo show how easy it is for these media to dangle them around like little mindless puppets. Couple of sensationalized, editorialized "news" stories that are really nothing but opinion and slander, and these clowns run to their keyboards and start threads.
I merely asked who was gonna run against Billlary ... doesn't require grappling with an answer in deflection with partisan hackery ... LOL.

Codename Section
01-21-2014, 08:09 PM
I merely asked who was gonna run against Billlary ... doesn't require grappling with an answer in deflection with partisan hackery ... LOL.

Obama primaried against Billary. Hope and Change baby.

zelmo1234
01-21-2014, 08:09 PM

And of course I will tell you that I still like the Gov. of WI or ND

The other Demos are going to rip the shit out of Hilary! the Republicans will just have to pick up the pieces.

Bush I don't think will run, the nation is not ready! Rand will run and take his fathers vote, Curz I do not think will run, Rubio will but I think the nominee will be a physical conservative republican.

jillian
01-21-2014, 08:13 PM

The other Demos are going to rip the shit out of Hilary! the Republicans will just have to pick up the pieces.

Bush I don't think will run, the nation is not ready! Rand will run and take his fathers vote, Curz I do not think will run, Rubio will but I think the nominee will be a physical conservative republican.

i like your optimism, zelmo…even if it is pure wishful thinking.

you have no one to run nationally right now.

there isn't a person you can put forth who won't go so far right that he (or she) won't nauseate more than half the country.

Green Arrow
01-21-2014, 08:14 PM

Don't count on it. Hardly any Democrats will even bother running if Hillary decides to run. It'll be the shortest primaries in history.

Mainecoons
01-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Hillary = Jumping from the fire into the frying pan. Think Game Over for America.

Green Arrow
01-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Hillary = Jumping from the fire into the frying pan. Think Game Over for America.

I'd actually prefer Hillary to Obama.

Regardless, the only Republican I'll vote for is Rand Paul. If Hillary runs, I won't have a Democrat to vote for. So if Hillary runs and Rand Paul loses the nomination to somebody else, I'll just vote third party again or not at all.

Ooh, or I could just write myself in. That would be fun.

Peter1469
01-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Stick a fork in him, if you can. :)

Great news. Let's run a real candidate.

keymanjim
01-22-2014, 12:40 AM
Great news. Let's run a real candidate.
Good luck on that. Anyone smart enough to fix the problems in government is also smart enough not to get caught up in that boondoggle.

zelmo1234
01-22-2014, 12:49 AM
Don't count on it. Hardly any Democrats will even bother running if Hillary decides to run. It'll be the shortest primaries in history.

I think that Biden will run with one purpose in mind and that is to tear Hilary down! It will be nasty!

We need a conservative Gov! But today I have become cynical, I have witnessed enough hypocrisy! from the left and can only thing of punishing them in any way possible!

We are 2 years away from an election and I am told that the person that allowed the murder of 4 Americans and then lied about it blaming another Americans video and tossing his ass in jail, is the unbeatable presidential candidate???

No I think that my new mission may have to be to totally financially destroy as many lazy assed liberals as possible! so they can reap what they have sown