PDA

View Full Version : Russia Trades Iran Missile Codes to Israel in Exchange for Georgian Drone Intel

Conley
02-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Russia gave Israel codes for breaking Iran’s missile defense system in return for codes of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) Israel sold to Georgia, WikiLeaks claims.

The information was among 5 million emails released this week by WikiLeaks, which said it worked in cooperation with the Anonymous hacker group. The leaked information focused on the U.S.-based Stratfor global intelligence company.

A source identified as “A” was quoted in an e-mail from a Stratfor employee as having heard from a “former Mexican cop” and military analysts that "the Georgians are frantically looking for a replacement for the Israeli UAVs that were compromised.”

The Israeli-based Elbit company had sold UAVs to Georgia since 2007, and earlier this month Georgia said it is replacing the Hermes UAVs.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/153273#.T04_BHJSTcZ

This seems somewhat plausible...not sure if I buy it. It would hurt Israel's arm sales, but without WL this intel never would have seen the light of day.

MMC
02-29-2012, 12:37 PM
Hmmmm.....If I was Israel would you trust those codes for Irans Sams from Russia?

Conley
02-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Hmmmm.....If I was Israel would you trust those codes for Irans Sams from Russia?

Well, it wasn't like they gave them up for free, and we have talked about how a nuclear Iran isn't really in Russia's interests. I can see it going either way really. Maybe Israel has a way of testing them to know if they're the real deal. I don't get why Russia would be too worried about Georgian drones since I think if push came to shove Russia would stomp them.

Mister D
02-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Russians are a little paranoid.

MMC
02-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Wonder how the Iranians will respond after finding this bit of info out? Knowing they may now have to change out those systems. We will see if their rhetoric changes any. Even tho they have come out saying they are looking forward to the next round of talks with the AEIA. Which is a joke in itself.

Conley
02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
There is a lot of good stuff coming out from these Stratfor links. I can't remember if Peter said he was a subscriber or just a fan of the website but they have good stuff available. Obviously these leaked emails aren't part of the plan.

Mister D
02-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I remember someone citing them a lot. I think it was peter.

MMC
02-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah I think so to.....I thought I dropped a link in that Strafor thread, that Wiki had busted them out in the first place.

Conley
02-29-2012, 01:52 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/1107-E-U-Warns-of-Possible-Recession-in-Eurozone?p=22702&viewfull=1#post22702

MMC
02-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Yeah....I thought he had said so. I didn't remember the bit about it being a pay site.

Peter1469
02-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I am a subscriber to STRATFOR. Since the hack their site is 100% free. Once they get their security up they will go back to the old style of some free stuff and lots of stuff for paid subscribers. The amount of available free stuff is pretty large, you may not want to pay for more access for lack of time to read it all.

MMC
02-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I am a subscriber to STRATFOR. Since the hack their site is 100% free. Once they get their security up they will go back to the old style of some free stuff and lots of stuff for paid subscribers. The amount of available free stuff is pretty large, you may not want to pay for more access for lack of time to read it all.

Thanks for the info Pete.