PDA

View Full Version : Obama Campaigning Under Slogan America Is Back

Conley
03-01-2012, 10:19 AM
President Obama has a new message: America has gotten its groove back.

In ways large and small, Mr. Obama has seized on a narrative of national optimism in recent weeks, offering a portrait of a country that, guided by him and powered by the American worker, is making a comeback. It is a narrative with strong echoes of President Ronald Reagan’s 1984 re-election campaign and one that is intended to provide a contrast with today’s less sunny Republican candidates.

And, of course, it is meant to suggest that Mr. Obama himself has hit his own stride.

“I placed my bet on the American worker,” he said Tuesday in a boisterously received speech at a United Automobile Workers conference that was centered on his often-criticized bailout of the auto industry three years ago. “The American auto industry is back.”

In his State of the Union address in January, he went so far as to use the same three words that Mr. Reagan had in his own 1984 address: “America is back.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/us/politics/president-offers-theme-of-nation-seeing-comeback.html

How clueless is this? Not only is America not back, but claiming that America is back in the manufacturing industry seems even more ludicrous. It's dying just as it has been over the last couple of decades. It's just a bunch of hot air.

Conley
03-01-2012, 10:22 AM
"“America’s not back,” said Stanley Greenberg, chief executive of Greenberg Quinlan Rosner, a polling company that works with Democrats. “We have long-term fundamental problems with respect to personal debt, etc. If you look at our data and history, it takes a long time before job numbers translate into accepting at a personal level that things are better.”

Mr. Greenberg’s firm did a poll of 1,000 likely voters after the State of the Union speech, testing the “America is back” message compared with Mr. Obama’s other messages, and concluded that it is “by far the weakest,” according to a memo the firm put out after the poll."

Mister D
03-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Your union buddies might buy that line of BS but no one else is likely to.

jgreer
03-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Theres nothing wrong with looking on the bright side he is being positive .

Mister D
03-01-2012, 10:42 AM

He's campaigning.

jgreer
03-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Whats wrong with it?

Mister D
03-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Whats wrong with it?

Besides not being true and being a cynical ploy to get Americans to reelect him? Nothing, I guess.

ramone
03-01-2012, 08:48 PM

Obama has acted like he was positive since day one and the only thing he has accomplished is that his wife has reduced the size of candy bars in the best interest of the US while eating fatcakes and french fries while her muslim husband kisses every foreign countries butt.

Mister D
03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Glad you made it, Ramone. Check your email.

MMC
03-02-2012, 07:57 AM
How is America back? Good any other screw-ups helps make it a closer General. :wink:

Peter1469
03-02-2012, 08:03 AM
The only thing he can point to is the stock market. What else does he have?

MMC
03-02-2012, 08:29 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1618279730449&id=d0f663cdfe196c379969f0783ff5b541&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.dreamstime.com%2fwelcome-mat-and-open-door-thumb16393313.jpg

Greetings Ramone.....Welcome to the Political Forums of the Rant! :yo2:

Alias
03-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Obama has acted like he was positive since day one and the only thing he has accomplished is that his wife has reduced the size of candy bars in the best interest of the US while eating fatcakes and french fries while her muslim husband kisses every foreign countries butt.

Obama said Michelle allows him to watch ESPN. Isn't that sweet. The hen-pecked emasculated dweeb can't even stand up to his own wife, so how in the wide wide world of sports can we expect him to stand up to our enemies?

MMC
03-02-2012, 04:06 PM
The only thing he can point to is the stock market. What else does he have?

Bin laden and his LT's. Just Sayin. :wink:

Peter1469
03-02-2012, 06:33 PM

I agree. I was thinking only in economic terms.

Conley
03-02-2012, 06:35 PM

True enough. I'll give him some points for giving the order to take the SOB out.