PDA

View Full Version : Office of Polotical Strategy and Outreach

patrickt
01-24-2014, 09:12 PM
"
Friday, Obama provided the answer: David Simas, a longtime aide who returned to the White House after running polling and focus groups for the re-election campaign, was named director of a new Office of Political Strategy and Outreach.
The re-establishment of an internal political operation marks a significant shift for the White House, and the latest step in a 2014 West Wing reorientation that’s aimed at quickly making up for years of lost time, both on Capitol Hill and around the country.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/white-house-office-of-political-strategy-outreach-102582.html#ixzz2rN8nZff1

The article isn't clear, it is Politico, but I hope this isn't a taxpayer funded activity since it's apparently a partisan political office.

Peter1469
01-24-2014, 09:25 PM
From what I understand there are specific ethics rules that the political appointees can follow- basically the political stuff is supposed to be separate from the governing stuff. Don't know the details.

Chris
01-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Sounds like Minitrue from 1984.

patrickt
01-25-2014, 08:28 AM
It sounds like the leftists using taxpayer funding to promote the destruction of the U.S. I am partisan in that I am opposed to the leftists, but I'm not tax supported.

Chris
01-25-2014, 11:13 AM
You got to lobby DC for funding. Then again the IRS might then audit you.

patrickt
01-25-2014, 11:28 AM
You got to lobby DC for funding. Then again the IRS might then audit you.
And the NSA would eavesdrop on my phone calls and intercept my emails. I have enough trouble with Comcast screwing with my email. And, the TSA would put me on the No-Fly list. The Dept. of Agriculture might send a SWAT team to my home to search for raw milk and any hope of getting a concealed weapons permit would be dashed.

When they discovered I'm not signed up for Medicare and don't collect Social Security they'd indict me for fraud.