PDA

View Full Version : I am for Hiking the Minimum Wage IF

texan
01-27-2014, 03:15 PM
They pass incentives for the business. You only do one thing and they will lay off one per shift and it will eat the cost up. Gotta get your head out dems.

MrJimmyDale
01-27-2014, 03:23 PM
They pass incentives for the business. You only do one thing and they will lay off one per shift and it will eat the cost up. Gotta get your head out dems. What would be some examples of incentives that you are talking about?

Mainecoons
01-27-2014, 03:27 PM
Nope. Try reducing the cost and trouble of hiring people so that they can compete better with robots. Try seriously closing the borders and a moratorium on immigration for at least 5 years to reduce the supply of labor and thereby enhance its value.

Minimum wages address the symptom of low pay, not the causes. The causes are lack of jobs and too many workers, mainly due to immigration in the U.S. The U.S. has more immigration than all of the rest of the world combined, that is ridiculous and is a direct cause of the distress that labor is experiencing in the U.S. today.

Address the causes of low pay and lack of jobs, not add to the problem by further increasing the cost of labor with an artificial measure like the minimum wage.

The Xl
01-27-2014, 03:29 PM
You keep inflating the currency and hiking the minimum wage, and all you'll do is rape the purchasing power of the poor and totally obliterate their ability to effectively safe.

Agravan
01-27-2014, 03:38 PM
You guys just hate poor people!!!

texan
01-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Nope. Try reducing the cost and trouble of hiring people so that they can compete better with robots. Try seriously closing the borders and a moratorium on immigration for at least 5 years to reduce the supply of labor and thereby enhance its value.

Minimum wages address the symptom of low pay, not the causes. The causes are lack of jobs and too many workers, mainly due to immigration in the U.S. The U.S. has more immigration than all of the rest of the world combined, that is ridiculous and is a direct cause of the distress that labor is experiencing in the U.S. today.

Address the causes of low pay and lack of jobs, not add to the problem by further increasing the cost of labor with an artificial measure like the minimum wage.

I think you are off base on MW. I think we agree that the MW is for mostly students at all levels and those that are in working their way up. If gas wasn't north of $3 then we can talk. But this appears to be the new normal so we have to help them out some. Not to mention other things that are up, its fair.

I would help the business' out with some tax relief things like that would help absorb the expenditure. I would also like to say make it $8 but introduce profit sharing. I think profit sharing does wonders for productivity and managing company assets.