PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Adopting Measure To Give Aid To Illegal Immigrant Students.....

MMC
03-03-2012, 12:03 PM
SPRINGFIELD — A proposal to provide college scholarships to the children of immigrants, even illegal immigrants, is forcing Illinois lawmakers to consider whether it’s appropriate to lend a helping hand to people who are in the country improperly.

Some Republicans are taking heat for supporting the pending Illinois Dream Act, partly because constituents confuse it with federal legislation by the same name that would have given some illegal immigrants a path to citizenship. Other constituents simply believe the Illinois scholarship program is misguided and might deepen the lure of Illinois as a safe haven for illegal immigrants.

The state Dream Act creates a panel to raise private money for scholarships to students with at least one immigrant parent, legal or illegal. The students themselves also could be in the country illegally.
To qualify for the money, students must already be enrolled in or planning to attend college, and they must have a federal taxpayer identification number proving they work and pay federal taxes

The legislation, which is in the Illinois House after passing 45-11 in the Senate, has no impact on a person’s immigration status.....snip~

http://www.suntimes.com/news/education/5364871-418/scholarship-bill-to-aid-immigrants-faces-test-in-illinois-house.html

They submitted this bill back in May of 2011. It now is in the Illinois house. The Governor says he backs it. Note how the left plays the game. What do you think happens if they pass this law with respects to other Demo States such as Cali and NY?

This Democrat submits a bill with the name of the Illinois Dream Act. IMO this is done intentionally by the left to Confuse the issue. now imagine done so in 24 that are led by Democratic Governments. So basically she submitted a bill based on Illegal Activity as it states the Illegal immigrants have to prove they have a job and pay Federal Taxes. note that difference. not State of Illinois taxes. Federal taxes. :angry:

Conley
03-03-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm fairly certain California already has this bill. Again, it makes no sense to be expanding the scope of benefits when there already isn't enough to go around. More importantly in this case, they're illegal!

MMC
03-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm fairly certain California already has this bill. Again, it makes no sense to be expanding the scope of benefits when there already isn't enough to go around. More importantly in this case, they're illegal!

Wonder if NY does.....as then once again the left is in Sync with the Top 3 major economies in the country.

Moreover this then would make Illinois even more of a safe haven for them.

Mister D
03-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Our government seems hell bent on replacing us.

A safe haven!? More like a luxury suite!

Mainecoons
03-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Remember, the left knows that it can't make it on the white vote and the black vote is stagnant, so they are engaged in recruiting a new vote from the hispanic immigrant groups and using your money and government to do so.

For a state as bankrupt as IL to subsidize anything has to be a classic demonstration of just how far the left will go to stay in power.

MMC
03-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Remember, the left knows that it can't make it on the white vote and the black vote is stagnant, so they are engaged in recruiting a new vote from the hispanic immigrant groups and using your money and government to do so.

For a state as bankrupt as IL to subsidize anything has to be a classic demonstration of just how far the left will go to stay in power.

You are absolutely correct on this MC.....not just Illinois. California and NY too. They have controlled the 3 largest Cities and Economies in the Country for over the last 75 years running them into the gorund. Debt ridden, highest costs of living and they keep on spending.

Hope you saw what Emauel tried with getting people to pay a 65 fee per gun they have. The rest of Illinois.....down state and the NRA says it aint happening. We put-up a thread on it.

Mister D
03-03-2012, 04:33 PM

Exactly although much of the "Right" is complicit in this.

MMC
03-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Exactly although much of the "Right" is complicit in this.

Just how have those on the right been complicit in such with Illinois? Would you have anything that supports this with Chicago Politics and Illinois State government.

Mister D
03-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Just how have those on the right been complicit in such with Illinois? Would you have anything that supports this with Chicago Politics and Illinois State government.

I'm not referring to IL but to the country at large. If you honestly think the GOP and big business overlords have your interest at heart...:laugh: Secondly, does a right exist in IL?

MMC
03-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm not referring to IL but to the country at large. If you honestly think the GOP and big business overlords have your interest at heart...:laugh: Secondly, does a right exist in IL?

Ah.....I was going with what MC's last statement was concerning the left in Illinois. Yes the right exist. Southern and Central Illinois. When have you ever heard me say anything about I believe big buisness or the GOP has my interests at heart? :rollseyes: One thing is for certain if the right had been in charge. I doubt we would be one of the highest taxed people in the country. Buisness, property, personal.....U name it!

Conley
03-03-2012, 05:57 PM
The Republicans definitely haven't cracked down on the illegal immigration problem either, but they may be doing that more for cheap labor than for votes like the Democrats.

MMC
03-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Still I would say they are doing more than what the left is. E-verify and some measures. Definately not enough. Still Illinois and specifically Chicagoland area, is nothing but a safehaven for illegals.

Conley
03-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Still I would say they are doing more than what the left is. E-verify and some measures. Definately not enough. Still Illinois and specifically Chicagoland area, is nothing but a safehaven for illegals.

You're probably right that the Repubs have done more than the Dems across the country. I've read that the Obama administration has deported more than Bush's but in both cases that's just a drop in the bucket.

Mister D
03-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Ah.....I was going with what MC's last statement was concerning the left in Illinois. Yes the right exist. Southern and Central Illinois. When have you ever heard me say anything about I believe big buisness or the GOP has my interests at heart? :rollseyes: One thing is for certain if the right had been in charge. I doubt we would be one of the highest taxed people in the country. Buisness, property, personal.....U name it!

Perhaps but we're discussing giving a privilege to illegal aliens. Like I said, the phony right (i.e. the GOP) is not interested in cracking down on illegal immigration or in making life uncomfortable for migrants. The liberal right aims to replace you just like their comrades on the liberal left.

Captain Obvious
03-03-2012, 10:22 PM
On a somewhat related note, and I forgot the case but it's somebody or another (white chic) suing a college in Texas that's going to the supreme court that's going to re-challenge the affirmative action policy.

Ironically this same college that reversed it's affirmative action policy to a class policy with exceptional results - but then recently went back to an affirmative action.

Ok - I googled it, here's the case (my memory is shit anymore):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/college-inc/post/supreme-court-to-hear-case-on-affirmative-action-in-college-admissions/2012/02/23/gIQA1nZJWR_blog.html

Mister D
03-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm aware of this case. It's been in the works for a while now. This keeps coming up because the SC is too chicken shit to definitely rule on race based preferences.

I have no problem with a class based affirmative action policy. I do have a problem with hypocrisy. Racial discrimination is wrong or it's not. We need to choose.

Mister D
03-03-2012, 10:34 PM
"Definitely" should be definitively.

Captain Obvious
03-03-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm aware of this case. It's been in the works for a while now. This keeps coming up because the SC is too chicken shit to definitely rule on race based preferences.

I have no problem with a class based affirmative action policy. I do have a problem with hypocrisy. Racial discrimination is wrong or it's not. We need to choose.

I totally agree. Affirmative action is racial discrimination, you will not convince me otherwise. Mathematically, logically, morally - it's racial discrimination.

To be honest, I've recently been exposed to the class concept and it makes sense. From what I've heard, there are more rich kids in private colleges than poor kids even though those poor kids may otherwise qualify.

Mister D
03-03-2012, 11:07 PM
I totally agree. Affirmative action is racial discrimination, you will not convince me otherwise. Mathematically, logically, morally - it's racial discrimination.

To be honest, I've recently been exposed to the class concept and it makes sense. From what I've heard, there are more rich kids in private colleges than poor kids even though those poor kids may otherwise qualify.

Liberals and others engage in all sorts of mental gymnastics to rationalize their hypocrisy but it doesn't fly with me either. It is what it is (i.e. racial discrimination).

The class concept has been accepted and even recommended by some conservatives for a while now. I think many liberals agree as well that it will better meet the goals of affirmative action programs and do so with much less controversy.

MMC
03-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Perhaps but we're discussing giving a privilege to illegal aliens. Like I said, the phony right (i.e. the GOP) is not interested in cracking down on illegal immigration or in making life uncomfortable for migrants. The liberal right aims to replace you just like their comrades on the liberal left.

Yes.....despite all that BS. The matter is a simple one. Do you see any other form of Government running anything. Looks like it is a left/right paradigm to me. There is no inbetween and there is none that any can look to that would bring some other type of change. Nothing outside the box that will change anything up.

As far your liberal right and your conservative left is concerned. First, I would say they look to you sheep first to get a response. Because they already know the majority of you cannot even stand on your own two feet, and that nothing will be done about anything you's talk about. Except for that talk.

Mister D
03-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes.....despite all that BS. The matter is a simple one. Do you see any other form of Government running anything. Looks like it is a left/right paradigm to me. There is no inbetween and there is none that any can look to that would bring some other type of change. Nothing outside the box that will change anything up.

As far your liberal right and your conservative left is concerned. First, I would say they look to you sheep first to get a response. Because they already know the majority of you cannot even stand on your own two feet, and that nothing will be done about anything you's talk about. Except for that talk.

Despite what BS? It may look like a left/right paradigm to you but that's only because you don't know any better. There is nothing out side the liberal box, as it were.

As for your personal attacks I suggest wiping your ass thoroughly. It's chapped.

MMC
03-04-2012, 05:51 PM
It may look like one? What now you playing like the Obamatons? When you get done pointing out what other alternative this country has done about the left right paradigm and can show that there is at least some sort of change coming to the way the system is set up. Then you might have some actual ground to stand on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKJsSPATDLY

Don't Blame Me for that sheltered backyard you come from, and as far as You chapping my azz. Not even on your best day. Homescrew!!!!!

Mister D
03-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Whether uneducated men like yourself come to understand the lack of real political alternatives or whether there is change coming or not is immaterial. We are governed by liberals. That's assuming I deciphered your post correctly. As your obsession with hip pop shows us, self-expression isn't one of your strong points.

MMC
03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Lmao uneducated.....ahahahahah. How much education comes from that little box You dwell within? Easy to sit back and make judgements hiding in the dark. I don't have that habit of putting other words into peoples mouths, as you so aptly apply.

Course when Mommy and Daddy paid for that education of yours, they should of had you take that Class on Fronting people off. Especially on the Do's and Don'ts.

Captain Obvious
03-04-2012, 08:04 PM
http://myportfolio.usc.edu/vieregg/IMG-referee-flag.jpg

We have offsetting penalties. Intentional roughing on the defense, unsportsmanlike conduct on the offense.

Replay the down.

Mister D
03-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Lmao uneducated.....ahahahahah. How much education comes from that little box You dwell within? Easy to sit back and make judgements hiding in the dark. I don't have that habit of putting other words into peoples mouths, as you so aptly apply.

Course when Mommy and Daddy paid for that education of yours, they should of had you take that Class on Fronting people off. Especially on the Do's and Don'ts.

Actually, I paid for my education myself. In any case, I'm not surprised you don't have a habit of putting words in the mouths of others. You have more than enough trouble putting them in your own.

Mister D
03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
http://myportfolio.usc.edu/vieregg/IMG-referee-flag.jpg

We have offsetting penalties. Intentional roughing on the defense, unsportsmanlike conduct on the offense.

Replay the down.

No worries. His ass is chapped because I dared question his loony conspiracy theories about the Vatican.

MMC
03-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Oh, I have no trouble putting them in mine own. But then I wouldn't want to be accused of always insulting your so called suburban upbringing. lmao

Mister D
03-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Oh, I have no trouble putting them in mine own. But then I wouldn't want to be accused of always insulting your so called suburban upbringing. lmao

Really, you do. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

MMC
03-04-2012, 08:13 PM
No worries. His ass is chapped because I dared question his loony conspiracy theories about the Vatican.

Thats right now Worries even in the slightest of margins.....There you go again with that liberal thinking for others shit.

MMC
03-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Really, you do. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

Takes two.....bro. Thought that education might have taught you that.

Mister D
03-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Thats right now Worries even in the slightest of margins.....There you go again with that liberal thinking for others shit.

What? :huh: :laugh: Dude, just stop. It's over.

MMC
03-04-2012, 08:16 PM
As usual.....a day late and a dollar short.