PDA

View Full Version : President Obama -- a lame duck in a fanciful adventure of exaggeration

Agravan
01-29-2014, 10:26 PM
By Erick Erickson (http://www.foxnews.com/archive/erick-erickson)

Sitting in middle Georgia Tuesday night, the snow poured down muting all the sounds outside. I did not watch President Obama’s State of the Union. I read the transcript. I had read — not skimmed it — before the president had even gotten to “My fellow Americans.”
I smelled an awful stench as I read through the speech. At first I thought the speech must be in 4D, but then realized the breeze had shifted over from the back pasture of the horse farm down the road. But the stench adequately describes the speech.
President Obama is a lame duck in a fanciful adventure of exaggeration, story telling, and sleight of hand. His speech can be summed up succinctly:
“My fellow Americans, the state of our union is awesome and we need more government to make it awesome.”
The president had to rehash his prior lists because none of the things he wanted done in 2011, 2012, or 2013’s speeches ever passed Congress.
In the complex conundrum of lie upon half-truth, the president sought to take credit for fracking, which he opposes; oil drilling, which he opposes; and a decline in unemployment, which he has only accomplished by driving people from the work force altogether.
President Obama, touting his health care plan more and more people hate each day, actually had the nerve to say, with a straight face, “That’s what health insurance reform is all about – the peace of mind that if misfortune strikes, you don’t have to lose everything."

More:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/28/president-obama-lame-duck-in-fanciful-adventure-exaggeration/

Cigar
01-30-2014, 08:08 AM
:grin:

Mainecoons
01-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Since 2007, 13 million people have entered the work force but there are 2 million less working today. What does that tell you about the Obama economy and the success of policies that have raised taxes, regulations and discouragement of employing people instead of machines?

There are 47 million people on food stamps, 15 million more than when Obama and the Democrats took full control of the government. What does that tell you?

Since Obama took office, the enrichment of the one percent has really taken off. Since Obama took office, the stock market took off in lockstep with the wanton money printing by the Fed, Obama's ally in red ink. Now that the Fed is beginning to cut back, what is the market doing? It is starting to look at what they've been paying inflated prices for and it is starting to sell off.

I was around for the Carter debacle. Really, it was piddling compared to the damage Obama and his regime have done to the economy. Probably what saved us that time is that Carter was tossed after only one term.

Cigar
01-30-2014, 08:33 AM
46 Straight Months Of Private Sector Job Growth http://www.dpcc.senate.gov/files/images/DPCCPrivateSectorPayroll11014.png

Under President Obama's leadership, the economy has added private sector jobs for 46 straight months. During this span, 8.2 million private sector jobs have been created.

In the Senate, Democrats are fighting to continue this positive trend and help speed along the economic recovery.

http://www.dpcc.senate.gov/?p=blog&id=172#sthash.UHnc0dV1.dpuf

I now return you to your regularly schedule bitching and whining ... :grin:

Cigar
01-30-2014, 09:06 AM
U.s. economy expands 3.2% in fourth quarter Source: MarketWatch

The U.S. economy grew at a 3.2% annual pace in the fourth quarter, fueled by the biggest rise in consumer spending in three years and a snapback in business investment. Strong net exports also boosted growth, the Commerce Department s aid Thursday. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast a 3.3% gain in gross domestic product.

The largely positive fourth-quarter reading follows on the heels of a 4.1% increase in the third quarter, marking the best back-to-back growth since the end of 2011 and start of 2012. Consumer spending jumped 3.3% in the fourth quarter, the best performance since 2010. Business investment also rebounded - companies raised spending on equipment by 6.9% after a measly 0.2% increase in the third quarter.

Exports, meanwhile, jumped 11.4% while imports rose just 0.9%. Growth in the fourth quarter would have been stronger if not for the government shutdown in October. Federal spending sank 12.6%, overshadowing another increase in state and local spending. The housing market also became a drag on the economy for the first time in almost three years, as rising home prices and higher mortgage rates dampened demand. Residential construction outlays fell 9.8% on an annual basis. In a bit of a surprise, companies rapidly added to inventories again, perhaps a sign that they expect sales to strengthen in early 2014. Inventories climbed by $127.2 billion after a large $155.7 billion increase in the third quarter.

The annualized pace of inflation, as measured by the PCE index, rose a scant 0.7% in the fourth quarter. The core index rose 1.1%. For all of 2013 the U.S. grew just 1.9% compared to 2.8% in 2012, but the economy picked up lots of momentum in the second half of the year. Many economists believe that's a sign of things to come.

Read more: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-economy-expands-32-in-fourth-quarter-2014-01-30?dist=beforebell

I'm sure Faux will be working hard to downplay/ignore this news. :grin: