PDA

View Full Version : Dear America I saw you naked and yes I was laughing

Codename Section
02-01-2014, 09:05 AM
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/01/tsa-screener-confession-102912.html#.UuvA_xBdVbc
Excellent story by a former TSA worker out of O'Hare: called

Dear America, I Saw You Naked And yes, we were laughing. Confessions of an ex-TSA agent.

****Get to the code words for hot chick coming through the full body scanner****

Peter1469
02-01-2014, 09:06 AM
lol

At Dulles I have gotten compliments from some of the female agents.

undine
02-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Sorry, the story isn't believable. First amendment right, seriously?

Peter1469
02-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Sorry, the story isn't believable. First amendment right, seriously?

Which part troubles you?

undine
02-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Which part troubles you?

I didn't read the whole thing. But when he claimed he had a first amendment right to trash talk his employer I doubted. As do I doubt his claim that most TSA employees are violating the public trust.

That was enough to set off the BS meter.

Codename Section
02-01-2014, 09:19 AM
I didn't read the whole thing. But when he claimed he had a first amendment right to trash talk his employer I doubted. As do I doubt his claim that most TSA employees are violating the public trust.

Why doesn't he?

Peter1469
02-01-2014, 09:30 AM

I can see a public employee claiming a 1st Amendment right after writing to a newspaper. Whether it applies or not is another matter.

The story does seem contrived, the alcohol and Marines story as an example- or just extremely cherry-picked. A TSA skeptic took a job with TSA to get dirt. But I have been close enough with TSA and CBP agents to have a pretty good idea that in general this stuff goes on. As with anything you have good employees, mediocre employees, and down right bad / toxic employees.

The US has way too many flights to use the Israeli behavior profile method. But what you see when you board a flight in the US (and Europe) is the magician's right hand; it is there to distract you from what is going on with the left hand.