PDA

View Full Version : Evil low wage paying Walmart donates big time to Hillary Superpac

Codename Section
02-01-2014, 10:10 AM
:)

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/george-soros-robert-soros-alice-walton-hillary-clinton-ready-for-hillary-102976.html?hp=l5

Because there is such a huge difference between Dems and Republicans.

So I guess low wages and bad healthcare out of Walmart will start to get a positive spin very soon. Plan on seeing more pro-Walmart stories over Costco in the near future.

:roflmao:

nathanbforrest45
02-01-2014, 10:13 AM
That evil Costco maintains its low pricing by beating their vendors into giving them obscene price cuts. This forces vendors to pay their employees less than they could otherwise.

Disclaimer. The above post is to be considered satire.

The Xl
02-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Same shit, different day.

Peter1469
02-01-2014, 10:14 AM
The establishment of the two major parties are two sides of the same coin. Yet, most Americans have fallen for the magic trick.

Chris
02-01-2014, 10:16 AM

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/george-soros-robert-soros-alice-walton-hillary-clinton-ready-for-hillary-102976.html?hp=l5

So I guess low wages and bad healthcare out of Walmart will start to get a positive spin very soon. Plan on seeing more pro-Walmart stories over Costco in the near future.

:roflmao:

Nah, nothing has or will change. Progressives will continue to rail emotionally against the Walmart that feeds them and they give favors to in return. Why would Walmart care, it's free advertising.

Peter1469
02-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Walmart never fed me.

Captain Obvious
02-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Bucket carrying progressives like Cigar will never get it.

Chris
02-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Walmart never fed me.

Feeds them, as in "Walmart donates big time to Hillary Superpac."

Chris
02-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Bucket carrying progressives like Cigar will never get it.

Why would he, he's WINNING!

Common
02-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Codename, what walmart donates and sometimes get tax credits for PALES compared to what they pocket for what they screw their employees out of. To them its advertizing what all big companies do.

Chris
02-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Codename, what walmart donates and sometimes get tax credits for PALES compared to what they pocket for what they screw their employees out of. To them its advertizing what all big companies do.

Walmart profit margins are 3-3.5%. The workers are free to work elsewhere, you know.

hanger4
02-01-2014, 02:14 PM

Newpublius
02-01-2014, 02:21 PM

Well if Walmart's shareholders are screwing their employees with a 3.5% profit margin (you can check out their 10-K independently I am sure) -- you should be launching a revolution on your state capital for taking, on average of course since sales tax varies, double that amount in sales tax? How come the state isn't doubly screwing the workers?

Newpublius
02-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Walmart profit margins are 3-3.5%. The workers are free to work elsewhere, you know.

Someday he'll realize that if a C corporation sells a dollar and a greater percentage of that dollar goes to various governments, as opposed to the shareholders, that tends to create disincentives for investment.

hanger4
02-01-2014, 02:24 PM
Codename, what walmart donates and sometimes get tax credits for PALES compared to what they pocket for what they screw their employees out of. To them its advertizing what all big companies do.Common your evil-walmart rants are a waste of time and only shows your ignorance. Walmart compares the same if not better with Target K-Sears (or is it Sears-Mart) and most of the other big-box stores. You only hate-on wally-world. Why is that ?? Tunnel vision or stupidy ??

zelmo1234
02-01-2014, 02:24 PM

Are they not paying their employee's the amount that they were told they would be paid when the took the job???

Because that is wrong? And I would not support that!

zelmo1234
02-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Someday he'll realize that if a C corporation sells a dollar and a greater percentage of that dollar goes to various governments, as opposed to the shareholders, that tends to create disincentives for investment.

And I just don't understand why people don't get this concept? Is it really that hard to comprehend?

I really don't think that I am all that smart and I get it!

Polecat
02-01-2014, 02:34 PM
I'm thinking that Wal-Mart and the Clintons go way back. Arkansas ties. And that's all there is to it.

jillian
02-01-2014, 02:38 PM

because they don't donate to GOP candidates?

want to try again, son?

get money out of politics…

and i guess there's only a difference if you actually care about who the judges are and if you don't hate government.

countryboy
02-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Well if Walmart's shareholders are screwing their employees with a 3.5% profit margin (you can check out their 10-K independently I am sure) -- you should be launching a revolution on your state capital for taking, on average of course since sales tax varies, double that amount in sales tax? How come the state isn't doubly screwing the workers?You don't question God.

Newpublius
02-01-2014, 02:40 PM
And I just don't understand why people don't get this concept? Is it really that hard to comprehend?

I really don't think that I am all that smart and I get it!

Because the Democrats have done a tremendous job convincing you that Romney pays 10% and Buffet pays less than his secretary. Myopically focusing on one side of the double taxation regime truly does make the taxation appear inequitable. The fact that the totality of the taxation on C corporations is crushing is beside the point, that doesn't help them justify increasing government's take on the economy.

What people don't see is that, in actuality, the C Corp is the single worst tax structure to be in in the United States. Its absolutely terrible. Its why I have an LLC and an S Corp (both pass thru entities). Basically people only form C corporations because they have to and even then only the absolutely most profitable corporations are really going to justify being in that structure. Even so, the disincentive is such that we can clearly see how it prohibitively prevents people from investing in such forms. We only need to look at Detroit and then take a peek at the wealthiest counties in the United States, which, in the top 20, 50-60% of which are in VA and MD around the DC area. How does that happen?

Its pretty obvious when you see total government spending at 40% of GDP and total debt at the Federal level at 17.2TN. Our society has invested in government and there's a consequence to that. Its why government workers exceed manufacturing workers, it explains quite a bit actually. Particularly in light of the fact that the US government was actually DESIGNED to be inefficient to begin with.

And yet we don't learn our lesson from history, governments should not be the preferred agents of economic decision making. And yet when you go state to state, almost invariably, the largest single employer in any state will be the state government itself, the Federal government won't be far behind.....

At this point America still remains a relatively prosperous nation, not because of, but in spite of the government.

Newpublius
02-01-2014, 02:43 PM
You don't question God.

That's a stupid comment.

countryboy
02-01-2014, 03:18 PM
That's a stupid comment.Struck a nerve eh? :wink:

Newpublius
02-01-2014, 03:19 PM
Struck a nerve eh? :wink:

No, really, don't flatter yourself, the comment was completely irrelevant and totally unresponsive to the thread.

"Well if Walmart's shareholders are screwing their employees with a 3.5% profit margin (you can check out their 10-K independently I am sure) -- you should be launching a revolution on your state capital for taking, on average of course since sales tax varies, double that amount in sales tax? How come the state isn't doubly screwing the workers?"

countryboy
02-01-2014, 03:23 PM
No, really, don't flatter yourself, the comment was completely irrelevant and totally unresponsive to the thread."Well if Walmart's shareholders are screwing their employees with a 3.5% profit margin (you can check out their 10-K independently I am sure) -- you should be launching a revolution on your state capital for taking, on average of course since sales tax varies, double that amount in sales tax? How come the state isn't doubly screwing the workers?"Why is the left's God (goverment) never questioned?

Chris
02-01-2014, 03:31 PM
because they don't donate to GOP candidates?

want to try again, son?

get money out of politics…

and i guess there's only a difference if you actually care about who the judges are and if you don't hate government.

I'm sure they do. We keep telling you there's no damned difference between the parties, they'e both corrupt corporatists.

And, no, get politics out of money.

Cigar
02-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Bucket carrying progressives like @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) will never get it.

Why carry a bucket for someone who lost :)