PDA

View Full Version : Why don't Liberals Oppose Raising Income Taxes?

Libhater
02-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Today more than half of American households pay no income tax at all. That means there are now more 'takers' in America than 'makers'. Which means the majority of Americans now have a financial incentive to vote themselves more money (government handouts) by supporting wrongheaded government policies that punsih the productive.

Stephen Moore wrote on April 1, 2011, "More Americans work for the government than in manufacturing, farming, fishing, forestry, mining and utilities combined," which is "an almost exact reversal of the situation in 1960." These government employees (takers) have a personal stake in growing the size and scope of government (their employer), and these takers now outnumber America's entire manufacturing industry (makers) by a factor of nearly two to one.

Today, a majority of Americans have no fiscal incentive to oppose tax increases, because they don't pay them, and an astonishing number of Americans now have a fiscal incentive to grow the size and scope of government because government is either their employer or their benefactor through government handouts. Such a situation is dangerous and unsustainable, and it must be rectified.

The Tea Party Patriots..The Second American Revolution
by Mark Melker and Jenny Beth Martin....excerpts from page 49.

Btw, co-authers Mark and Jenny can be credited with starting the Tea Party grassroots movement. I put these two patriotic Americans right up there with my ancestor Sam Adams and many more of the Tea Party faithful during their 1773 uprising of dumping tea into the Boston Harbor in protest of excessive foreign government taxation.

Peter1469
02-02-2014, 04:33 PM
Right. They get the bulk of their votes from people who are no directly effected by tax increases.

patrickt
02-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Why would muggers and thugs object to taking back what belongs to them anyway. You didn' build that business or earn that money. It's theirs.

I lot of the deadbeats pay absolutely no taxes.

Beevee
02-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Which is why the corporations that don't should pay taxes instead of being given 1,000,001 incentives by both parties to avoid paying them.

lynn
02-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Today more than half of American households pay no income tax at all. That means there are now more 'takers' in America than 'makers'. Which means the majority of Americans now have a financial incentive to vote themselves more money (government handouts) by supporting wrongheaded government policies that punsih the productive.

Stephen Moore wrote on April 1, 2011, "More Americans work for the government than in manufacturing, farming, fishing, forestry, mining and utilities combined," which is "an almost exact reversal of the situation in 1960." These government employees (takers) have a personal stake in growing the size and scope of government (their employer), and these takers now outnumber America's entire manufacturing industry (makers) by a factor of nearly two to one.

Today, a majority of Americans have no fiscal incentive to oppose tax increases, because they don't pay them, and an astonishing number of Americans now have a fiscal incentive to grow the size and scope of government because government is either their employer or their benefactor through government handouts. Such a situation is dangerous and unsustainable, and it must be rectified.

The Tea Party Patriots..The Second American Revolution
by Mark Melker and Jenny Beth Martin....excerpts from page 49.

Btw, co-authers Mark and Jenny can be credited with starting the Tea Party grassroots movement. I put these two patriotic Americans right up there with my ancestor Sam Adams and many more of the Tea Party faithful during their 1773 uprising of dumping tea into the Boston Harbor in protest of excessive foreign government taxation.

Half of the businesses that file taxes do not pay any taxes too. Most of those individual tax filers do not make enough money and/or have a child as a tax credit is why they do not have to pay taxes. The rich invest their money so they do not have to pay taxes. They are not all deadbeats.

Peter1469
02-02-2014, 06:28 PM
If you were to buy a Ford pickup, would you think that Ford paid its corporate income taxes? :cool2:

Which is why the corporations that don't should pay taxes instead of being given 1,000,001 incentives by both parties to avoid paying them.

hanger4
02-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Which is why the corporations that don't should pay taxes instead of being given 1,000,001 incentives by both parties to avoid paying them.Corporations don't pay taxes Beevee, you the consummer does. Why is that such a hard concept to understand ??

patrickt
02-02-2014, 07:13 PM

Corporations do pay taxes and don't vote.

Germanicus
02-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Raise GST. Products in USA are too cheap. Always have been.

High GST, especially on non-essential items is the way to go. One of them. Raise income tax as well. And close all all loopholes.

darroll
02-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Guilt?

Peter1469
02-02-2014, 09:29 PM
US products cheap? :smiley: Look at China, the object of boot lick.... for some of us, anyways.

Raise GST. Products in USA are too cheap. Always have been.

High GST, especially on non-essential items is the way to go. One of them. Raise income tax as well. And close all all loopholes.

Beevee
02-02-2014, 11:30 PM
If you were to buy a Ford pickup, would you think that Ford paid its corporate income taxes? :cool2:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/general-electric-taxes_n_2852094.html

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130923/GLOBAL/309239960/ford-gets-a-scolding-on-chicken-tax-maneuver

http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/about_hal/taxhaven.html

http://ctj.org/ctjreports/2013/11/boeing_recipient_of_the_largest_state_tax_subsidy_ in_history_paid_nothing_in_state_corporate_income. php#.Uu8anD1dVUM

Just think of a US company, type it into Google and add avoid taxes.

It's interesting to note you support the economy that is sending you to ruin.

Next you will be claiming it isn't sending anyone to ruin but if it is, it's Obama's fault.

Peter1469
02-03-2014, 05:56 AM
Talk about my point flying completely over your head. :smiley:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130923/GLOBAL/309239960/ford-gets-a-scolding-on-chicken-tax-maneuver

http://ctj.org/ctjreports/2013/11/boeing_recipient_of_the_largest_state_tax_subsidy_ in_history_paid_nothing_in_state_corporate_income. php#.Uu8anD1dVUM

Next you will be claiming it isn't sending anyone to ruin but if it is, it's Obama's fault.

zelmo1234
02-03-2014, 06:35 AM

First just because a company has offices In the USA the US government is not entitled to tax profits that the company makes in it's over seas operations. Those are Taxed by the countries that they are operating in!

They do not being those profits back into the USA because the US wants 35% of that money that they have already paid taxes on.

Ford is trying to exploit a loop- hole that the US government has been very happy to let other manufactures use of ever .they are just attacking Ford because they did not take or need the bail-out and GM is starting to run into financial trouble again! As there pension costs continue to rise!

And the Boeing deals are to keep them from moving operations to Canada and other nations.

I we did not have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. this would not me an issue, but the fact remains that we do have the highest rate in the world.

As far as GE those tax breaks were purchased by donations and support of Obama, there will be NO investigation into that !

Akula
02-03-2014, 07:53 AM

Go look up the size/number of pages the u.s. tax code consists of.
You understand who writes the u.s. tax codes, right?
When you find out, you'll understand why they are the way they are.

Then type in "canadian companies avoiding taxes".

Here's a shock for you up there in canada.
canadian companies (and average citizens) try to avoid paying taxes (or at least find ways to pay the absolute minimum), just like companies and citizens do everywhere else in the world.

patrickt
02-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Some people think that money and individual or a company earns is somehow theirs. Don't be stupid. Everything an individual or a company earns belongs to liberals who won't work.

Beevee
02-03-2014, 09:04 AM
First just because a company has offices In the USA the US government is not entitled to tax profits that the company makes in it's over seas operations. Those are Taxed by the countries that they are operating in!

They do not being those profits back into the USA because the US wants 35% of that money that they have already paid taxes on.

Ford is trying to exploit a loop- hole that the US government has been very happy to let other manufactures use of ever .they are just attacking Ford because they did not take or need the bail-out and GM is starting to run into financial trouble again! As there pension costs continue to rise!

And the Boeing deals are to keep them from moving operations to Canada and other nations.

I we did not have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. this would not me an issue, but the fact remains that we do have the highest rate in the world.

As far as GE those tax breaks were purchased by donations and support of Obama, there will be NO investigation into that !

You have just made my point for me. Thank you very much.

Beevee
02-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Some people think that money and individual or a company earns is somehow theirs. Don't be stupid. Everything an individual or a company earns belongs to liberals who won't work.

It's only in America that equality is for the chosen few and you seem to be one of them.

Beevee
02-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Go look up the size/number of pages the u.s. tax code consists of.
You understand who writes the u.s. tax codes, right?
When you find out, you'll understand why they are the way they are.

Then type in "canadian companies avoiding taxes".

Here's a shock for you up there in canada.
canadian companies (and average citizens) try to avoid paying taxes (or at least find ways to pay the absolute minimum), just like companies and citizens do everywhere else in the world.

No excuse for you there. If you want to talk about Canadian anomalies, then open a thread on the subject.

Beevee
02-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Talk about my point flying completely over your head. :smiley:

The only thing that doesn't fly over my head, as far as you are concerned, is your abject need to squash to pulp anyone who is not on a par with you.

Captain Obvious
02-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Income taxes should be raised - especially on the rich.

And spending should be cut.

All three of these need to be done.

None of them will happen.

That's how the budget goes down the shitter - into the septic tank made in China.

lynn
02-03-2014, 09:48 AM
Taxes should not be raised on anyone until the federal government can prove to us that they can be responsible in how they are spending our money.

Peter1469
02-03-2014, 04:38 PM
I don't do anything but watch people do it to themselves. :cool2:

The only thing that doesn't fly over my head, as far as you are concerned, is your abject need to squash to pulp anyone who is not on a par with you.

Green Arrow
02-03-2014, 05:09 PM
The biggest earners pay a negative income tax. They are essentially being paid to not pay income taxes. The lowest earners also pay no income tax, though they don't pay the negative income tax of corporations and the reasons they don't pay the income tax is because they don't make enough money (IOW, they are still working), or qualify for the various deductions/credits, like a family of five, soldiers, the elderly, etc. It's the middle class and fringe-rich that pay all the income taxes.

Of course, those who don't pay income taxes are still paying a ton of other taxes, because income taxes are not the only taxes you pay. It's impossible to avoid paying certain taxes, like sales tax and property taxes.

Just thought I'd inject some actual facts into yet another "fuck the poor" thread.

Libhater
02-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Just thought I'd inject some actual facts into yet another "fuck the poor" thread.

How exactly are the poor getting fucked since they pay no taxes and rely on the people who actually work to pay their miserable way through life?

Green Arrow
02-03-2014, 06:49 PM
How exactly are the poor getting fucked since they pay no taxes and rely on the people who actually work to pay their miserable way through life?

Try reading the post, sparky. It'll answer your questions.

Libhater
02-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Try reading the post, sparky. It'll answer your questions.

I don't need to read the post, sparkless, for I was simply responding to 'your' comment about another 'fuck the poor' thread. Here, I'll give you another shot at it, sparkless, how exactly are the poor getting fucked if they indeed do not pay taxes?

Beevee
02-03-2014, 11:13 PM
I don't do anything but watch people do it to themselves. :cool2:

You watch people get sick and feeble through no fault of their own, lose their jobs through no fault of their own and consequently die through no fault of their own, yet they have done it to themselves.

How cool is that! Especially since you revel in it.

Green Arrow
02-03-2014, 11:15 PM
I don't need to read the post, sparkless, for I was simply responding to 'your' comment about another 'fuck the poor' thread. Here, I'll give you another shot at it, sparkless, how exactly are the poor getting fucked if they indeed do not pay taxes?

Eh, what the hell, I'm bored so I'll humor you.

1) As I said in my post, the poor do pay taxes. It's impossible to not pay some form of tax in this country. What they are not paying is income taxes, and there are a lot of reasons for it. Calling them names and putting them down for it is stupid, because it's not their fault, it's the tax code.
2) Do you not understand the difference between the phrase "fuck the poor" and the phrase "the poor are getting fucked"? "Fuck the poor," which is what I said, means that people one this thread are trash-talking the poor.

Peter1469
02-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Wow, over your head again! You are an amazing treasure. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You watch people get sick and feeble through no fault of their own, lose their jobs through no fault of their own and consequently die through no fault of their own, yet they have done it to themselves.

How cool is that! Especially since you revel in it.

Libhater
02-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Eh, what the hell, I'm bored so I'll humor you.

1) As I said in my post, the poor do pay taxes. It's impossible to not pay some form of tax in this country. What they are not paying is income taxes, and there are a lot of reasons for it. Calling them names and putting them down for it is stupid, because it's not their fault, it's the tax code.
2) Do you not understand the difference between the phrase "fuck the poor" and the phrase "the poor are getting fucked"? "Fuck the poor," which is what I said, means that people one this thread are trash-talking the poor.

Since I started this thread with the objective to get reasons why liberals are in favor of raising our income taxes, and I see a few responses that whine about the poor getting fucked or to just simply trash the poor by saying fuck the poor, then naturally I and any other reasonable minded person would assume that liberals use the poor as a scapegoat in determining why they don't mind raising our income taxes. Bottom line, liberals/leftists have never seen a tax hike they weren't in favor of, because to them a tax hike means more money in their govt coffers to spread out and downward to those very poor that by leftist standards are being fucked.

Green Arrow
02-04-2014, 08:04 AM
Wow, over your head again! You are an amazing treasure. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Yeah, Beevee is always amusing to have around.

Green Arrow
02-04-2014, 08:08 AM
Since I started this thread with the objective to get reasons why liberals are in favor of raising our income taxes, and I see a few responses that whine about the poor getting fucked or to just simply trash the poor by saying fuck the poor, then naturally I and any other reasonable minded person would assume that liberals use the poor as a scapegoat in determining why they don't mind raising our income taxes. Bottom line, liberals/leftists have never seen a tax hike they weren't in favor of, because to them a tax hike means more money in their govt coffers to spread out and downward to those very poor that by leftist standards are being fucked.

I'm a liberal/leftist who thinks the income tax should be completely eliminated, so let's dispense with the tired, old hat generalizations.

Libhater
02-04-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm a liberal/leftist who thinks the income tax should be completely eliminated, so let's dispense with the tired, old hat generalizations.

I see you are going against the leftist want to keep raising our taxes....especially the income taxes. Do I sense that you may be coming around to siding with we mainstream Conservatives who have been screaming for the govt to lower if not eliminate taxes all together?

Green Arrow
02-04-2014, 05:41 PM
I see you are going against the leftist want to keep raising our taxes....especially the income taxes. Do I sense that you may be coming around to siding with we mainstream Conservatives who have been screaming for the govt to lower if not eliminate taxes all together?

Nope. I've always opposed the income tax. I am an anarchist, the concept of involuntary taxes, especially on hard-earned income, are immoral.

zelmo1234
02-04-2014, 05:44 PM

unfortunately you don't have many allies on the left they are too busy with there class warfare objective!

Green Arrow
02-04-2014, 05:54 PM
unfortunately you don't have many allies on the left they are too busy with there class warfare objective!

I have already brought many over to my classical leftist ideals. Many more will follow before I'm six feet under.