PDA

View Full Version : Our Elected Representatives

Conley
03-05-2012, 08:47 PM
First up, Waxman, the guy who called the Baseball Steroid Hearings, showing his vast knowledge of the subject (it's short and worth a watch, I promise).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxLNKnLaDG8

Not sure who Brian is but he'd probably make a better Congressman than Waxman. :laugh:

ramone
03-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Amazing that it took him 50 seconds to show his complete retardation. I figured it would have happened in about 10 or 15 seconds. He is an imbecile.

Conley
03-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Amazing that it took him 50 seconds to show his complete retardation. I figured it would have happened in about 10 or 15 seconds. He is an imbecile.

Well to be fair it took him longer because he has trouble forming complete sentences.

Mister D
03-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Well to be fair it took him longer because he has trouble forming complete sentences.

:laugh:

Mister D
03-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Waxman looks ghastly, no? His name is all too appropriate.

ramone
03-05-2012, 10:16 PM

What strikes me is that he isn't ashamed of his inadequacy. To ask advise from a staff member during an interview about something he obviously knows nothing about, and continue on like nothing happened shows his level of intelligence.

Conley
03-05-2012, 10:19 PM
What strikes me is that he isn't ashamed of his inadequacy. To ask advise from a staff member during an interview about something he obviously knows nothing about, and continue on like nothing happened shows his level of intelligence.

Exactly, plus it was on a subject which he should know a lot about considering he led the hearings. It wasn't as if he was being asked about particle physics.

ramone
03-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Exactly, plus it was on a subject which he should know a lot about considering he led the hearings. It wasn't as if he was being asked about particle physics.

Oh hell don't go there, he probably thinks that is something that goes on in gym class.

RollingWave
03-06-2012, 03:22 AM
Well, at least that steroid hearing gave the comedians a field day :laugh:

"I use to remember the good ole days... when the baseball players took performance preventing drugs (aka liquers) instead of performance enhancing once!"

Stoney
03-06-2012, 09:13 AM
We have people representing us in government and swearing to protect and defend the Constitution and have no idea what it says or no respect for it.

But its our fault. We've continued to send them back.

jgreer
03-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Oh hell don't go there, he probably thinks that is something that goes on in gym class.

Is that a condom?? Why??

ramone
03-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Is that a condom?? Why??

See what I was talking about..........? That was gym class, not obgyn class.

wingrider
03-08-2012, 01:46 AM
obama wins re-election in 2012

reblicans control the senate and congress
supreme court has a majority of conservative judges.

Jan 20th 2013...

Obama takes a 4 year vacation, plays golf, shoots hoops , travels to exotic places all on the taxpayer dime..

sounds good

MMC
03-08-2012, 02:09 AM
What can we do about Pols that come from other states that cause some of the biggests problems within the Federal governmment? Example-DeMint out of So Carolina. Jr Senator 2nd term. Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior Democrat Illinois.

What can we do abut pols that retire or not seek election and then move to another state and run for office?

We didn't vote for them. Shouldn't there be some process for the nation to have something to say about someone another state chooses to send to Washington?

Stoney
03-08-2012, 09:50 AM
What can we do about Pols that come from other states that cause some of the biggests problems within the Federal governmment? Example-DeMint out of So Carolina. Jr Senator 2nd term. Congressman Jesse Jackson Junior Democrat Illinois.

What can we do abut pols that retire or not seek election and then move to another state and run for office?

We didn't vote for them. Shouldn't there be some process for the nation to have something to say about someone another state chooses to send to Washington?

I think repealing the 17th amendment would help, and term limits. But I don't see taking the ability of states to chose their representatives as a solution. Democracy is not a solution.

MMC
03-08-2012, 10:57 AM
I think repealing the 17th amendment would help, and term limits. But I don't see taking the ability of states to chose their representatives as a solution. Democracy is not a solution.

What about when they move to another state and reside there? See, thats where it should be written down. that they cannot hold such another Office or one like it. If they still want to serve in could be some other capacity and not in the limelight.

Stoney
03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Right! A properly written bill for term limits might address that.

MMC
03-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Right! A properly written bill for term limits might address that.

How would that work for other states tho? Because now they can move to that state, and then technically they have never held anything in that state. So they run. I think they have to live there for so long and then it is legit. I mean I could see term limits working for like the orignal state they come from. Know what I mean?

wingrider
03-09-2012, 01:24 AM
then it has to be written in the bill that they can serve no more than X number of terms no matter where they reside in the USA. end of problem

MMC
03-09-2012, 03:45 AM
then it has to be written in the bill that they can serve no more than X number of terms no matter where they reside in the USA. end of problem

That or No holding an Elected Office after serving 2 terms. With Term limits time changing. Especially on All congressional rreps. No more every two year elections. Lets stop them from milking that cow.

Mainecoons
03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Term limits for judges too.

MMC
03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Term limits for judges too.

Oh yeah.....and including the SCOTUS. No Lifetime Appointments and No More Free Ride!