PDA

View Full Version : Local News Anchorwoman Destroys Coke Ad Misinformation

Cigar
02-04-2014, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SHFp3xM2WcA

BRENDA WOOD: But the fact that people are outraged over this ad is outrageous itself. People indignant that others would have the audacity to sing 'America the Beautiful' in a language other than English, when America was built on opening its arms to the world? The quote on the Statue of Liberty doesn't say 'give me your English-speaking only, Christianity-believing, heterosexual masses.' It says 'give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses tempest-tost.'

Have we forgotten that every one of us 'Americans' except for Native Americans, are descendants of foreigners?

That the English language is from England?

What makes America different from everywhere else is that we are a melting pot. We are not homogenous. It is our diversity that built this country.

How dare there be indignation over the very thing that makes us great.

And why not honor the beauty of that in song? What's so sacrosanct about this song that it can't be sung in other languages by other ethnicities, by those of diverse religions and diverse lifestyles?

A relevant question considering the words of 'America the Beautiful' were penned by a gay woman, Katharine Lee Bates, in 1895, an English professor at Wellesley who also wrote lovingly of her longtime committed relationship with another woman.
Transcript http://mediamatters.org/blog/2014/02/04/watch-a-local-anchorwoman-destroy-conservative/197912

I cannot add anything to this wonderful mocking of the crazy.

texan
02-04-2014, 06:49 PM
I love my gay brothers and sisters. But don't expect me to stop telling jokes.

The Sage of Main Street
02-04-2014, 06:51 PM
The Melting Pot has caused a meltdown. Immigration was originally beneficial because the dumb-savage previous occupants had left the country undeveloped and a lot of labor was necessary. In the 20th Century, with a population of 200 million and growing until the imposed destruction of the family, that necessity was no longer valid and immigration became a cancer. Forced multiculturalism is just a modern form of invasion, aided by quislings for the reasons of cheap labor and the enfranchisement of slavish foreigners who like to get pushed around by the ruling class. We will have to fight this invasion and deport anyone who wasn't born here.

"Huddled masses" should be looked at the way the Broncos should have dreaded the Seahawks in their huddle.