PDA

View Full Version : GOP Operative: 'No Natural Leader' In The Republican Party

Cigar
02-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Less than two months into 2014, one veteran GOP operative is already expressing concern that the party is strugglging to find leading 2016 candidates.

In a Wednesday interview with U.S. News & World Report, Republican strategist Tom Rath that the party is lacking a "perfect candidate," and is instead riddled with people "with questions to ask."

“The party is still in a place of self-examination," Rath added. "There’s no natural leader.”

HuffPost Pollster's compilation of 39 publicly available polls on the 2016 National GOP Primary shows an erratic picture among a crowded field of hypothetical candidates. As of Tuesday, Mike Huckabee was at the top of the pack, with 16 percent.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/05/tom-rath-republican-party_n_4733305.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

KC
02-05-2014, 10:23 PM
I hate the media.

hanger4
02-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Tell us something Cigar, why should there be a leading Pub for Pres more than two and a half years from 2016's November elections ??

Libhater
02-06-2014, 06:03 AM
When the dems come up with a 'NATURAL' leader of their own, then and only then will I be willing to entertain cigar with my pick among many natural Conservatives in which to lead our nation once this nation wrecking leftist leaves the office.

Captain Obvious
02-06-2014, 07:59 AM
The O'bama has minimal leadership skills. In fact he's more of a divider than a leader - does more damage to segments of the nation. There is very little he's done to bring anybody or any group of people together, but there's been several cases where he's interceded only to further aggravate the issue.

Hillary isn't a strong leader in this sense either, she's a political back-room person.

Cigar
02-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Tell us something Cigar, why should there be a leading Pub for Pres more than two and a half years from 2016's November elections ??

To Win an Election :laugh:

Cigar
02-06-2014, 08:05 AM
When the dems come up with a 'NATURAL' leader of their own, then and only then will I be willing to entertain cigar with my pick among many natural Conservatives in which to lead our nation once this nation wrecking leftist leaves the office.

Explain the two Losses :laugh:

Captain Obvious
02-06-2014, 08:06 AM

Leadership does not win elections.

You don't understand leadership.

donttread
02-06-2014, 08:07 AM
Less than two months into 2014, one veteran GOP operative is already expressing concern that the party is strugglging to find leading 2016 candidates.

In a Wednesday interview with U.S. News & World Report, Republican strategist Tom Rath that the party is lacking a "perfect candidate," and is instead riddled with people "with questions to ask."

In Washington a "natural leader" is a lying, cheating, scumbag. Therefore the lack of a "natural leader" is a good thing

“The party is still in a place of self-examination," Rath added. "There’s no natural leader.”

HuffPost Pollster's compilation of 39 publicly available polls on the 2016 National GOP Primary shows an erratic picture among a crowded field of hypothetical candidates. As of Tuesday, Mike Huckabee was at the top of the pack, with 16 percent.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/05/tom-rath-republican-party_n_4733305.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

zelmo1234
02-06-2014, 08:07 AM

You do understand that the democrats lost the 2 elections before that right? and then the republicans lost 2 in a row, and then before that the Democrats lost 3 in a row!

Captain Obvious
02-06-2014, 08:08 AM
You do understand that the democrats lost the 2 elections before that right? and then the republicans lost 2 in a row, and then before that the Democrats lost 3 in a row!

Doesn't matter to Cigar, he keeps hoisting his buckets like a good little cheerleader.

Cigar
02-06-2014, 08:13 AM
It's nice that I'm on you guys mind everyday ... I feel so special :grin:

keymanjim
02-06-2014, 08:20 AM
Yes, and they have separate Olympics for special people like you.

zelmo1234
02-06-2014, 08:20 AM

You are correct I think about you every time I wipe? :)