PDA

View Full Version : On Iran, Obama assails Republican candidates for ‘beating the drums of war’

Mister D
03-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Come again, Obomba?

---

President Barack Obama on Tuesday bluntly accused Republican White House hopefuls of recklessly "beating the drums of war" against Iran for political gain while ignoring the potential human costs of such a conflict.
"Some of these folks have a lot of bluster and a lot of big talk," he said scornfully at his first White House press conference of 2012, but "those folks don't have a lot of responsibilities. They're not commander in chief."
"The one thing that we have not done is: We haven't launched a war. If some of these folks think that it's time to launch a war, they should say so. And they should explain to the American people exactly why they would do that and what the consequences would be," he said. "Everything else is just talk."

It wasn't talk that killed Libyans. :rollseyes:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/iran-obama-assails-republican-candidates-beating-drums-war-195123840.html

jgreer
03-07-2012, 11:42 AM
He's talking about Iran not libya. 2 different countries

Mister D
03-07-2012, 11:46 AM
He's talking about Iran not libya. 2 different countries

Yes, greer. We know that. :rollseyes:

jgreer
03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
There s a big difference with bombing libya and going to war with iran I hope you know

Mister D
03-07-2012, 11:55 AM
There s a big difference with bombing libya and going to war with iran I hope you know

Understood. Dropping bombs and killing people is a game but going to war isn't. :wink:

jgreer
03-07-2012, 12:04 PM
only one playing games is u

Mister D
03-07-2012, 12:06 PM
only one playing games is u

Obomba had his way with you, greer. It's a game to him. :wink:

ramone
03-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Isn't Obammy the one who pulled troops out Iraq and then sent them to Afghanistan instead of bringing them home?

Conley
03-07-2012, 02:30 PM
At this point I'm just glad our guys are out of Iraq. Hopefully the same will be true in Afghanistan very soon.

Mister D
03-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Isn't Obammy the one who pulled troops out Iraq and then sent them to Afghanistan instead of bringing them home?

That's him!

ramone
03-07-2012, 02:41 PM
At this point I'm just glad our guys are out of Iraq. Hopefully the same will be true in Afghanistan very soon.

Sand land is sand land, and we shouldn't be there to start with. We have no interest in Afganistan, what do they have that we need? Nothing there but rocks and sand, we pay them for their poppies to deter the drug trade and they kill our kids in payment for our kindness.

Policing the world is not our businesses and we need to quit doing it. Protect our borders, and our people, open up drilling for fossil fuels so we can subsist, then let the rest kill each other.

ramone
03-07-2012, 02:44 PM
That's him!

Yes and he wants to put that on Bush, I don't like Bush much either but this President we have now ( And I assure you I use that term very loosely ) has started more shit than I can remember. Possibly Carter came close with his ignorance but not anybody else.

Mister D
03-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Yes and he wants to put that on Bush, I don't like Bush much either but this President we have now ( And I assure you I use that term very loosely ) has started more shit than I can remember. Possibly Carter came close with his ignorance but not anybody else.

That's why I posted this article. He's so FOS it's pathetic.

ramone
03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
That's why I posted this article. He's so FOS it's pathetic.

The correct term is Rectalitis I think. Ever wonder why his eyes are kind of yellow?