PDA

View Full Version : Back to the CBO Report

texan
02-12-2014, 03:28 PM
One killer detail comes on Page 111, where the report projects: “As a result of the ACA, between 6 million and 7 million fewer people will have employment-based insurance coverage each year from 2016 through 2024 than would be the case in the absence of the ACA.”

So this is good news the administration has been saying, then why delaying this another year for a total of 2 if its so good?

ObamaCare’s key selling point was that it would give coverage to a significant number of the 30-plus million Americans who lack it. Now the CBO is telling the American people that a decade from now, 6 million-plus of their countrymen won’t get health care through their employers who otherwise would have.

How is this good if the policies are not the same and "they can keep their HC and doctor?"

Even more damaging is this projection: “About 31 million nonelderly residents of the United States are likely to be without health insurance in 2024, roughly one out of every nine such residents.”

WHAT? We did this to get coverage for 30 to 40 million. How does this little nugget go un-mentioned?

I just do not follow, maybe I am slow. But with just these three statements from the CBO why the hell are we doing this? Especially if there will be 30 million left uncovered! Do any of you democrats care about anything but the politics of this issue? I mean nothing they say seems to be true day after day week after week year after year. Hell, now we can postpone laws for Political Election reasons. When will someone from the left step up in here?

Peter1469
02-12-2014, 04:20 PM
If the goal, as stated, was to provide coverage to those who didn't have coverage..., why change the entire system?