PDA

View Full Version : America's Opinion Of Russia At 20-Year Low

Cigar
02-13-2014, 01:35 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140213-americas-opinion-of-russia-at-20-year-low.jpg

Poll: Thumbs down on Vladimir Putin, Russia With all eyes on Sochi for the Winter Olympics, Americans hold the lowest view of Russia and its president that they’ve had in two decades, according to a new poll.

Sixty percent of Americans view Russia unfavorably, the most since 1994, according to Gallup’s poll out Thursday. Their favorable view of Russia nearly ties the low set in 1999 during the bombing in Chechnya and conflict in Kosovo: Today, just 34 percent of Americans view Russia favorably, near the 33 percent set in 1999.

Russian President Vladimir Putin also registered his lowest marks since first becoming president in 1999, per Gallup’s polling. Americans view Putin unfavorably 63 percent to 19 percent, continuing a trend that has grown since Gallup began polling on the Russian leader.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/2014-sochi-olympics-putin-russia-poll-103476.html#ixzz2tDog5XrM

Congressional Job Approval at 12% in February
http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/4lnqvpkcikyacq8_8byj3w.png

Peter1469
02-13-2014, 01:38 PM
How many of those people understand Russia, or anything 30 miles away from where they sleep and work?

Mainecoons
02-13-2014, 01:39 PM
That's nothing, America's opinion of its own Federal government is even lower than that.

Gosh, I wonder if that had anything to do with the ObombedIt administration?

:rofl:

Codename Section
02-13-2014, 01:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT2Q7qmIEAEktz0.jpg:large

The Xl
02-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Putin by armbar.

Cigar
02-13-2014, 01:42 PM
I understand ... you're getting tired of Losing :grin:

The Xl
02-13-2014, 01:44 PM

Ah, but you're the one who's actually lost. The sad part is, you can't see it.

You spent 8 years rallying against Bush and everything he stood for, only to elect someone politically identical, based of his skin color and party.

Make no mistake, you're the biggest loser here.

Captain Obvious

Nah, just getting tired of you not realizing how much you are.

Codename Section

Who is? I don't have presidents. There are some guys corporations pick for me but I disregard what they have to say. :cool2:

Mainecoons
Cigar, you're so dumb you don't realize that everyone here is laughing at you and this stupid thread.

Captain Obvious
02-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Cigar, you're so dumb you don't realize that everyone here is laughing at you and this stupid thread.

http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/Rottenecards_9114625_ychzj7j2jg.png

donttread
02-13-2014, 01:58 PM
How many of those people understand Russia, or anything 30 miles away from where they sleep and work?

Hardly any, the polls represent what MSM tells them to represent. If you saturated the news for 3 days that most Canadians are baby seal killers the sheep would hate Canada without ever stopping to think? Holy shit can there really be that many baby seals?

Green Arrow
02-13-2014, 02:12 PM
I like Putin, so fuck everybody else. Why should I care?

Peter1469
02-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Putin is very good for Russia.

Montoya
02-13-2014, 02:37 PM
No surprise tea bagger extremists love Putin, In the right wing bubble the entire country supports putin and the tea baggers. However in reality a vast majority of REAL Americans cannot stand the tea party and think they are nothing but obstructionists and religious freaks.

Peter1469
02-13-2014, 02:43 PM
No surprise tea bagger extremists love Putin, In the right wing bubble the entire country supports putin and the tea baggers. However in reality a vast majority of REAL Americans cannot stand the tea party and think they are nothing but obstructionists and religious freaks.

What is Montoya definition of a tea party(ies) type? We need a base line for study. :smiley:

Green Arrow
02-13-2014, 02:44 PM

Actually, most Tea Party/Republican folks hate Putin. I happen to be a leftist, so you can take your assumptions and shove them where the sun don't shine.

Captain Obvious
02-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Putin is very good for Russia.

A cult of personality of sorts.

Works for their system, I just don't get his popularity among RW'ers. He's anti-Obama maybe, is that it?

Montoya
02-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Actually, most Tea Party/Republican folks hate Putin. I happen to be a leftist, so you can take your assumptions and shove them where the sun don't shine.

OH really????? Funny everywhere I go we see tea party extremists praising Putin and openly stating they would take him over Obama. Sounds quite anti-American to me.

And did I mention you at all? Feeling dirty for supporting Putin? Well you should.

Green Arrow
02-13-2014, 02:49 PM
OH really????? Funny everywhere I go we see tea party extremists praising Putin and openly stating they would take him over Obama. Sounds quite anti-American to me.

And did I mention you at all? Feeling dirty for supporting Putin? Well you should.

To my knowledge, I'm the only person in this thread who has stated any support for Putin, so I took your rant to partially refer to me. But no, I don't feel dirty for supporting Putin.

Codename Section
02-13-2014, 02:58 PM

Which comic book are you reading from?

kilgram
02-13-2014, 03:45 PM
To my knowledge, I'm the only person in this thread who has stated any support for Putin, so I took your rant to partially refer to me. But no, I don't feel dirty for supporting Putin.
Why do you support him?

Cthulhu
02-13-2014, 04:25 PM

Putin is better for Russia, than Obamney is for America hands down....Hell, Putin is better for America than Obamney is.

Not that my vote matters. But if it did, I would vote for Putin over Obomney any day. And I don't even know much about Putin, except that he goes hunting periodically.

Green Arrow
02-13-2014, 04:55 PM
Why do you support him?

He's macho and epic like Teddy Roosevelt and he's a very savvy leader.

Beevee
02-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Putin is better for Russia, than Obamney is for America hands down....Hell, Putin is better for America than Obamney is.

Not that my vote matters. But if it did, I would vote for Putin over Obomney any day. And I don't even know much about Putin, except that he goes hunting periodically.

Therein lies your problem.

Before he was President of Russia he was the head of the KGB for years and a fierce opponent of the CIA.

So, he knows all America's dirty fighting tricks and is probably ahead of them on most.

Which is why he has the edge.

Which is also why most Americans hate him, unless they are Republicans, when they are able to share the same hate at 60%, 40%; the larger figure being in Obama's corner.

Codename Section
02-13-2014, 05:28 PM

Before he was President of Russia he was the head of the KGB for years and a fierce opponent of the CIA.

So, he knows all America's dirty fighting tricks and is probably ahead of them on most.

Which is also why most Americans hate him, unless they are Republicans, when they are able to share the same hate at 60%, 40%; the larger figure being in Obama's corner.

The CIA runs our government. If you don't believe it ask yourself why Mr. Nobel Peace Prize is suddenly their drone bombing bitch.

Mister D
02-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Ah, but you're the one who's actually lost. The sad part is, you can't see it.

You spent 8 years rallying against Bush and everything he stood for, only to elect someone politically identical, based of his skin color and party.

Make no mistake, you're the biggest loser here.

Beevee
02-13-2014, 05:34 PM
The CIA runs our government. If you don't believe it ask yourself why Mr. Nobel Peace Prize is suddenly their drone bombing bitch.

If you have come to believe that the CIA runs your government, but only for the last 5 years, where have you been for the preceding 63 years?

kilgram
02-13-2014, 05:35 PM
He's macho and epic like Teddy Roosevelt and he's a very savvy leader.
I don't like macho and authoritarian people who behave like masters of the universe or in other words, like dictators.

Mister D
02-13-2014, 05:45 PM
If you have come to believe that the CIA runs your government, but only for the last 5 years, where have you been for the preceding 63 years?

He didn't say that. Oops.

Polecat
02-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Putin Doesn't like Obama or the CIA? I'd vote for him too. I'm puting a sign in my front yard tomorrow morning.

Cthulhu
02-13-2014, 08:45 PM

So he is basically another politician then? With the standard shady past and list of dubious accomplishments...

Putin 2016. Because this guy will have an evil Russian accent.

Cthulhu
02-13-2014, 08:45 PM
So he is basically another politician then? With the standard shady past and list of dubious accomplishments...

Putin 2016. Because this guy will have an evil Russian accent when he says he'll increase drone strikes.

Ivan88
02-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanks Cigar for posting the picture that indicates that 3 times more Americans like President Putin than the US Congress.

Beevee
02-13-2014, 11:10 PM

Putin 2016. Because this guy will have an evil Russian accent.

It really doesn't matter what he is because the CIA, via your media, will tell Americans what you are expected to believe and like the sheep you are, it will be believed.