PDA

View Full Version : Virginia absorbs the Gay Nation

exotix
02-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Today

Ban on Same-Sex Marriage Struck Down in Virginia

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ban-same-sex-marriage-struck-down-virginia-n30046

A federal judge declared Thursday that Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, making it the second state in the South to have restrictions on gay marriages overturned this week.

But gay couples can’t get married just yet in Virginia.

Judge Arenda L. Wright Allen, ruling in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in Norfolk, immediately stayed her decision until the case, Bostic v. Rainey, can be heard by the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2epo9if.jpg

IzzyB
02-14-2014, 02:05 PM
That will suck. No more excuses why I can't get married now.

Cthulhu
02-14-2014, 02:07 PM
I wonder, when will they try to force religious institutions to marry those at odds with their beliefs? Because that will be a tipping point into a brutal civil war I think.

Or an holocaust of certain religious groups who don't bend a knee to the mandated policy.

nathanbforrest45
02-14-2014, 02:11 PM
Given the fact that more and more straights are forgoing marriage and just having "fiancees" for 10 years soon the only married people will be gays. Will they then claim they want to be unmarried just like straights? Its not really a question of civil rights since all of the legal aspects of marriage can be handled by contract. Its an issue of acceptance, which will never happen.

IzzyB
02-14-2014, 02:12 PM
I have had no position on gay marriage outside of the tax breaks that straight couples can get and inheritance rights. That's the only reason why I even slightly care about this. I spent 8 years fighting for the United States and paid out my share of taxes. I should have the same rights if marriage is a right.

On the other hand I still think that marriage is a historical institution where women were little more than brood mares so gays (especially lesbians) wanting to marry feels like blacks trying to get the KKK to allow them to have membership.

Cigar
02-14-2014, 02:19 PM
Can't The GOP find something better to do?

Like fighting for Wages and Fucking Jobs?

Why are they so fucking into what goes on in private?

Cthulhu
02-14-2014, 02:29 PM
I have had no position on gay marriage outside of the tax breaks that straight couples can get and inheritance rights. That's the only reason why I even slightly care about this. I spent 8 years fighting for the United States and paid out my share of taxes. I should have the same rights if marriage is a right.

On the other hand I still think that marriage is a historical institution where women were little more than brood mares so gays (especially lesbians) wanting to marry feels like blacks trying to get the KKK to allow them to have membership.

Thank you for confirming what I have said and known for years. That this essentially has its roots in money.

IzzyB
02-14-2014, 02:35 PM
Thank you for confirming what I have said and known for years. That this essentially has its roots in money.

I do not understand it. Marriage was always about women having kids and the guy knowing whose kids it was. It was not a positive experience for most women. Some but not most. Suddenly, it's a right and not a pain in the ass?

Gays and lesbians wanting to get married is just stupid. We had our own thing and it was working. Wanting to join this party is like a black man wanting to join the KKK.

Cigar
02-14-2014, 02:37 PM
I do not understand it. Marriage was always about women having kids and the guy knowing whose kids it was. It was not a positive experience for most women. Some but not most. Suddenly, it's a right and not a pain in the ass?

Gays and lesbians wanting to get married is just stupid. We had our own thing and it was working. Wanting to join this party is like a black man wanting to join the KKK.

I think it's high time The KKK gets Integrated ... :afro:

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/4810/406785-chappelle_041504_002_1082050726.jpeg

Codename Section
02-14-2014, 02:39 PM
I think it's high time The KKK gets Integrated ... :afro:

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/4810/406785-chappelle_041504_002_1082050726.jpeg

I love when he divorces his wife for being a nigger lover. :roflmao:

Cthulhu
02-14-2014, 02:40 PM

While I might disagree terminally on a couple things. I agree that marriage isn't a right, but a voluntary pact made between the interested parties. And personally I think it is between a man and a woman. But that is just me. What you do in your bedroom is your business. None of mine.

At the same time, what I do in my bedroom shouldn't be financed by another for tax purposes. Essentially legalized prostitution and slave production if you look at with a curmudgeon's eye.

Agreed. Kinda like a dude showing up at a bridal shower - WTH?

Cigar
02-14-2014, 02:47 PM
I love when he divorces his wife for being a nigger lover. :roflmao:

It only proves the Ignorance of Racist :laugh:

Green Arrow
02-14-2014, 03:08 PM

My wife and I have a voluntary marriage. Not sanctioned by the State or a religious authority, just sanctioned by us.

Cthulhu
02-14-2014, 03:09 PM
My wife and I have a voluntary marriage. Not sanctioned by the State or a religious authority, just sanctioned by us.

Common Law marriage eh? I only met one dude who ever did that.

Green Arrow
02-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Common Law marriage eh? I only met one dude who ever did that.

She wants to get a courthouse marriage at some point just so our parents stop bitching, but we're happy for now.

Cthulhu
02-14-2014, 03:19 PM
She wants to get a courthouse marriage at some point just so our parents stop bitching, but we're happy for now.

Well, you do have financial and social incentive to do it. But that is between you two.

Ransom
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM

Brood mares?

Married women today tend to be more educated, make more money, get involved in crime and drug/alcohol abuse at a lesser rate, are generally more stable and oh yeah...the majority voted for Romney. Married women didn't fall for the war on women nonsense and the issues little girls find relevant.

IzzyB
02-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Brood mares?

Married women today tend to be more educated, make more money, get involved in crime and drug/alcohol abuse at a lesser rate, are generally more stable and oh yeah...the majority voted for Romney. Married women didn't fall for the war on women nonsense and the issues little girls find relevant.

For all your interest in the Middle East and you say this shit? Women are treated like cattle. Dude, you got nothing to say on this topic.

Ransom
02-14-2014, 04:04 PM
For all your interest in the Middle East and you say this shit? Women are treated like cattle. Dude, you got nothing to say on this topic.

You're such the victim, Izzy, is all I need to say.

Green Arrow
02-14-2014, 04:05 PM

I don't think that word means what you think it means. She's said nothing to indicate that she's a "victim."

IzzyB
02-14-2014, 04:09 PM

You're such a dumb shit, Ransom, is all I need to say.

Ransom
02-14-2014, 04:10 PM
You're such a dumb shit, Ransom, is all I need to say.

I merely scorched your argument, no need for emotion. We already have Chloe for hysterics.

Cthulhu
02-14-2014, 04:20 PM
I merely scorched your argument, no need for emotion. We already have Chloe for hysterics.

When? Where?

Ransom
02-14-2014, 04:22 PM
When? Where?

Try to keep up, Cthulhu.

Stragglers hurt progress, the class is only as fast as its' slowest student.

IzzyB
02-14-2014, 04:26 PM

Do you know how many women in the world have arranged marriages? Women aren't all white and english speaking.

And don't get all butthurt on me and name-calling like a fairy because you don't like being proved wrong.

The Sage of Main Street
02-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Today

Ban on Same-Sex Marriage Struck Down in Virginia

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ban-same-sex-marriage-struck-down-virginia-n30046

A federal judge declared Thursday that Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, making it the second state in the South to have restrictions on gay marriages overturned this week.

But gay couples can’t get married just yet in Virginia.

Judge Arenda L. Wright Allen, ruling in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia in Norfolk, immediately stayed her decision until the case, Bostic v. Rainey, can be heard by the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2epo9if.jpg

Constitutionazi Conservatives, who always claim that the will of the majority is "mob rule," have to accept the "wise stewardship" of fairyphile judges.

Ransom
02-14-2014, 04:30 PM
Do you know how many women in the world have arranged marriages?

No, and neither do you.

And don't get all butthurt on me and name-calling like a fairy because you don't like being proved wrong.

Who called you a fairy, I am merely informing you Chloe has hysterics and the victim card played. Your attempts are tired and ineffective.

Care to discuss something you're all boned up on? Marriage isn't it.

Cthulhu
02-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Try to keep up, Cthulhu.

Stragglers hurt progress, the class is only as fast as its' slowest student.

Right.....

Keeping enjoying that imaginary parade for a delusional victory.

Or you can show me where you scorched her argument. You called her a victim, she in turn responded in a predictable, yet quasi accurate manner. And you declare victory?

Um...yeah. Sure, that makes sense.:rollseyes:

Keep in mind she was referring to the ME. Not here in the states. Although I suppose she could clarify further before the thread completely craps the bed.

IzzyB
02-14-2014, 04:32 PM
No, and neither do you.

Who called you a fairy, I am merely informing you Chloe has hysterics and the victim card played. Your attempts are tired and ineffective.

Sure I do. I wasn't sitting safely in the US like a bitch while two wars were going on. I've seen what marriage looks like for women out there and I'm calling it like I see it.

Cthulhu
02-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Sure I do. I wasn't sitting safely in the US like a bitch while two wars were going on. I've seen what marriage looks like for women out there and I'm calling it like I see it.

Well in all fairness, that isn't a fair representation of marriage in the states. But there are some extreme cases where it is like that, and resembling the ME. And in such cases, it is worthy of scorn.

Codename Section
02-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Well in all fairness, that isn't a fair representation of marriage in the states. But there are some extreme cases where it is like that, and resembling the ME. And in such cases, it is worthy of scorn.

More women are married outside the US than in it.

Cthulhu
02-14-2014, 04:53 PM
More women are married outside the US than in it.

True, but that doesn't change the state of marriage here in the good ol' 'merica.

Blackrook
02-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Women are better off married, because it gives them a claim over the husband's time, effort, and services.

Men accept marriage as a way to have a steady supply of sex at home, without the time-consuming and money-consuming effort to go out on a date.

Dr. Who
02-14-2014, 09:02 PM
I wonder, when will they try to force religious institutions to marry those at odds with their beliefs? Because that will be a tipping point into a brutal civil war I think.

Or an holocaust of certain religious groups who don't bend a knee to the mandated policy.
Wouldn't that require a constitutional amendment?

Dr. Who
02-14-2014, 09:15 PM
No, and neither do you.

Chloe's not even close to hysterical. She just disagrees with you. She gives her sincere point of view. That alone does not make it hysterics. Your attempts to insult everyone who disagrees with you reveals a rather emotional response to points of view with which you are at odds. One could infer some degree of hysteria.

Green Arrow
02-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Women are better off married, because it gives them a claim over the husband's time, effort, and services.

Men accept marriage as a way to have a steady supply of sex at home, without the time-consuming and money-consuming effort to go out on a date.

That may be how things work in the Blackrook household, but it's not in my house.

Blackrook
02-14-2014, 10:20 PM
That may be how things work in the Blackrook household, but it's not in my house.
You're not even married, you twerp.

Green Arrow
02-14-2014, 10:46 PM
You're not even married, you twerp.

Yes, I am, and try to keep the name-calling to yourself.

Ransom
02-15-2014, 07:17 AM

You've seen what marriage "looks like?"

What...more money. More stability. Less drug and alcohol abuse? Better standard of living. I will once again ask whether you'd like to stay on this subject...or actually discuss a topic you're boned up on? Marriage.....ain't it.

Who was paying your salary while at war? Who bought your gun? Trained you? Put up with your relentless whining and victim mentality?

Oops

Ransom
02-15-2014, 07:19 AM
Chloe's not even close to hysterical. She just disagrees with you. She gives her sincere point of view. That alone does not make it hysterics. Your attempts to insult everyone who disagrees with you reveals a rather emotional response to points of view with which you are at odds. One could infer some degree of hysteria.

you have your opinion, I believe she's hysterical. Chivalry died in the last century, although you probably score points with this nonsense which was your intention. Brown nose much?

kilgram
02-15-2014, 07:37 AM

LOL. How many nonsense in this post.

And I thought that American Constitution considered that everybody is equal under the law. I don't see it with laws that directly discriminate people by reason of sex.

Ransom
02-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Small ball

Cthulhu
02-15-2014, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't that require a constitutional amendment?

Wouldn't that require a government that cares about the constitution?

The Sage of Main Street
02-15-2014, 11:13 AM
LOL. How many nonsense in this post.

And I thought that American Constitution considered that everybody is equal under the law. I don't see it with laws that directly discriminate people by reason of sex.

You asked for help with your English. "How many nonsense" should be "how much nonsense." Many, (which is related to mano, though "a handful" in English has actually come to mean "not many"), is used only after plurals, so you could have written, "How many mistakes in this post."

Also, you need the before "American Constitution." It refers to a specific document, but you could have written, "I thought that American law considered," or "America's latest fairyphile preppy fad considered," without having to use the.

Third, put against (contra) after "discriminate." There are many verbs that require a preposition to be complete. In the second sentence of the previous paragraph, it would have been ungrammatical to write, "It refers a specific document."

Green Arrow
02-15-2014, 11:39 AM
you have your opinion, I believe she's hysterical. Chivalry died in the last century, although you probably score points with this nonsense which was your intention. Brown nose much?

Chivalry isn't dead, you're just an ass.