PDA

View Full Version : How President Obama got elected, and then re-elected

Ransom
02-15-2014, 07:48 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10640518/One-in-four-Americans-do-not-know-the-Earth-circles-the-Sun. html

This answers so many questions. How Barack Obama was elected. Why our public schools are failing. Many of those polled you gotta figure, just guessed and got it right. The one in four actually closer to 39% or so. How and why there are so many isolationists in here, why some members think the national debt is decreasing, why some think chaos in the ME makes the West safer, why we have members who think OBL started his war based on misogyny this uk news story making Copernicus spin in his grave explains so much to ol Ransom

Blackrook
02-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Read anything written by the Communists at the beginning of the 20th century and you will see that it was all planned out carefully, and none of it is an accident.

Green Arrow
02-15-2014, 08:47 PM
He got elected because McCain was a terrible candidate. He got re-elected because Romney was a terrible candidate.

Peter1469
02-15-2014, 09:06 PM
If the GOP keeps putting sacrificial lambs up, dems are going to keep winning.

Max Rockatansky
02-15-2014, 09:09 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10640518/One-in-four-Americans-do-not-know-the-Earth-circles-the-Sun. html

This answers so many questions. How Barack Obama was elected. Why our public schools are failing. Many of those polled you gotta figure, just guessed and got it right. The one in four actually closer to 39% or so. How and why there are so many isolationists in here, why some members think the national debt is decreasing, why some think chaos in the ME makes the West safer, why we have members who think OBL started his war based on misogyny this uk news story making Copernicus spin in his grave explains so much to ol RansomBad link. Bad argument?

. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10640518/One-in-four-Americans-do-not-know-the-Earth-circles-the-Sun.html)

Max Rockatansky
02-15-2014, 09:17 PM
If the GOP keeps putting sacrificial lambs up, dems are going to keep winning.

The GOP is at war with itself. The extremists vs. the moderates. The moderates have left in droves, shrinking the party. Smaller party = smaller results.

Americans aren't much happier with Democrats. Independents now almost outnumber both Republicans and Democrats put together.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 02:29 AM
The GOP is at war with itself. The extremists vs. the moderates. The moderates have left in droves, shrinking the party. Smaller party = smaller results.

Americans aren't much happier with Democrats. Independents now almost outnumber both Republicans and Democrats put together.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

Funny it is the extremists that are said to be the problem with the Republican party?

Yet McCain, and the Romney were our candidates? Arguably the two most moderate candidates in the field!

So why did they loose?

Ransom
02-16-2014, 08:14 AM
He got elected because McCain was a terrible candidate. He got re-elected because Romney was a terrible candidate.

What nonsense. Firstly 'terrible candidate' is a media definition you then adopted in your herd mentality politics. Secondly, Obama got elected by massive amounts of money. Record amounts in fact. The money that influences politics outrage took a vacation you see, the Democrats were smashing records, taking in the bulk of the corporate monies, their campaigns Arrow....well funded, cash heavy, lots of people getting rich.......these Democrats then deafened us with their silence, it appears money's influence on politics was less of an outrage than they pretended.

Obama deserves his just due, he was an excellent candidate. He played the race card on Bill and Hillary during the 08 primary. He walked up there and claimed extended debt was unpatriotic and un-American. Claimed to get rid of the filibuster was asking one party to go to the back of the bus and sit down. Claimed executive orders with pen and phone would be the anti-thesis of his transparent Presidency. Claimed surge and occupation policies were wrong headed, claimed detention policies were wrong, claimed he'd close Gitmo, claimed he'd fix health care insurance, claimed he would bring us all together, that hope and change would be reality. Pie in the sky bullshit most Leftists swallowed hook, line, and sinker. He teleprompted his way to the Presidency, he ran an effective campaign, he told his audiences what they wanted to hear. You did read the thread start link........25% of We the People of this fine US of A, believe the f'n sun revolves around the earth. That is simply and matter of fact an all about me attitude, we believe anyting you tell us if you're on TV and look good doing it. That's how Obama got elected.

Ransom
02-16-2014, 08:17 AM
Bad link. Bad argument?

. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10640518/One-in-four-Americans-do-not-know-the-Earth-circles-the-Sun.html)

25%, what up?

exotix
02-16-2014, 08:18 AM
I think this thread would get much better action if it were titled *After Bush, why a conservative wasn't elected nor re-elected*

LOL.

Green Arrow
02-16-2014, 08:20 AM
I think this thread would get much better action if it were titled *After Bush, why a conservative wasn't elected nor re-elected*

LOL.

After Clinton, a Democrat wasn't elected or re-elected.

Oooh.

Green Arrow
02-16-2014, 08:22 AM
What nonsense. Firstly 'terrible candidate' is a media definition you then adopted in your herd mentality politics. Secondly, Obama got elected by massive amounts of money. Record amounts in fact. The money that influences politics outrage took a vacation you see, the Democrats were smashing records, taking in the bulk of the corporate monies, their campaigns Arrow....well funded, cash heavy, lots of people getting rich.......these Democrats then deafened us with their silence, it appears money's influence on politics was less of an outrage than they pretended.

Obama deserves his just due, he was an excellent candidate. He played the race card on Bill and Hillary during the 08 primary. He walked up there and claimed extended debt was unpatriotic and un-American. Claimed to get rid of the filibuster was asking one party to go to the back of the bus and sit down. Claimed executive orders with pen and phone would be the anti-thesis of his transparent Presidency. Claimed surge and occupation policies were wrong headed, claimed detention policies were wrong, claimed he'd close Gitmo, claimed he'd fix health care insurance, claimed he would bring us all together, that hope and change would be reality. Pie in the sky bullshit most Leftists swallowed hook, line, and sinker. He teleprompted his way to the Presidency, he ran an effective campaign, he told his audiences what they wanted to hear. You did read the thread start link........25% of We the People of this fine US of A, believe the f'n sun revolves around the earth. That is simply and matter of fact an all about me attitude, we believe anyting you tell us if you're on TV and look good doing it. That's how Obama got elected.

It's a number of factors. Money, stupidity, propaganda, but to pretend that Romney and McCain were just perfect candidates that woulda won if it wasn't for money, stupidity, and propaganda is absurd.

Ransom
02-16-2014, 08:30 AM
It's a number of factors. Money, stupidity, propaganda, but to pretend that Romney and McCain were just perfect candidates that woulda won if it wasn't for money, stupidity, and propaganda is absurd.

Who claimed they were perfect candidates, Arrow. My argument firstly makes the claim that Obama was the Leftists perfect candidate, these two weren't 'terrible.' McCain perhaps the poorer of the two, Romney was a good candidate. He had executive experience, a family man, he had been a governor, had been in the private industry, had actually and successfully rolled out a health insurance exchange. McCain a war vet, a POW who refused early release as his father was of high rank, I don't even think his choice for VP was as bad as everyone seems to claim, Palin the sole politic bringing the GOP off their ass to win in 2010. There are no 'perfect candidates' nor is anyone trying to argue there are.

Mainecoons
02-16-2014, 08:39 AM

This answers so many questions. How Barack Obama was elected. Why our public schools are failing. Many of those polled you gotta figure, just guessed and got it right. The one in four actually closer to 39% or so. How and why there are so many isolationists in here, why some members think the national debt is decreasing, why some think chaos in the ME makes the West safer, why we have members who think OBL started his war based on misogyny this uk news story making Copernicus spin in his grave explains so much to ol Ransom

Link is not working. Says page is gone or moved. Have another link? I'd like to read it.

I see you are still confusing isolationism with non interventionism despite the difference being clearly spelled out for you.

Just a comment, I don't want to divert the thread from the topic.

Peter1469
02-16-2014, 09:07 AM

LOL.

A conservative hasn't run since Reagan.

Ransom
02-16-2014, 09:20 AM
Link is not working. Says page is gone or moved. Have another link? I'd like to read it.

I see you are still confusing isolationism with non interventionism despite the difference being clearly spelled out for you.

Just a comment, I don't want to divert the thread from the topic.

The link is a story about 25% of Americans polled believing the Sun revolves around the earth. I made it into a funny about Obama being elected, continued on to make an analogy to some of the award winning statements made in these threads. There is a isolationist thread all set up by Green Arrow in the US politics arena, you can join the class if you want. And learn.

Mainecoons
02-16-2014, 09:39 AM
I read the isolationist thread. You are the one who needs to learn, sorry. You can start by going back and reviewing the writings and the positions of the Founders on foreign involvements.

OK, I saw that story about a bunch of government school "graduates" thinking the sun revolves around the earth. Didn't surprise me at all. Just look at Exo. :grin:

Ransom
02-16-2014, 09:43 AM
I read the isolationist thread. You are the one who needs to learn, sorry. You can start by going back and reviewing the writings and the positions of the Founders on foreign involvements.

Jefferson went and got himself into a foreign involvement Maine....to secure free trade. True or false?

OK, I saw that story about a bunch of government school "graduates" thinking the sun revolves around the earth. Didn't surprise me at all. Just look at Exo. :grin:

Exactly and I stand corrected my link didn't work. It was from the UK Telegraph.......25% is unacceptable but you did peg one of em there, it's the universe is centered on me mentality you see today time and again. And I bet most of these 25%ers are youngsters. 18-35

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Funny it is the extremists that are said to be the problem with the Republican party?

Yet McCain, and the Romney were our candidates? Arguably the two most moderate candidates in the field!

So why did they loose?

Partly because the GOP far right didn't support them. They picked at their candidates as RINOs for months prior to the election. As a result, many Republican voters were dissatisfied with having "RINO" candidates and stayed home on election day.

Clearly the Democrats weren't going to vote for them. If the Republican voters don't turnout for their candidates, regardless of party differences, how can the Republicans expect to ever win? Proof again that Republicans are their own worst enemies by driving away voters instead of rallying voters.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/07/2012-Turnout-Dramatically-Lower-Than-2008

131 million voters cast their ballots in the 2008 election in which Barack Obama defeated John McCain (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/president/) by a 53% to 46% margin. Obama received 69.4 million votes, while McCain received 59.9 million.In 2012, Obama defeated Romney (http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/) by a 50% to 48% margin. Obama received 59.8 million votes, and Romney received 57.1 million votes -- 2.7 million fewer than Obama in 2012, but also 2.8 million fewer than McCain in 2008.
Surprisingly, President Obama's 2012 vote total -- 59.8 million -- was 100,000 less than the 59.9 million John McCain received in 2008.
Even though President Obama received 10 million fewer votes in 2012 than he did in 2008, the Democrats were able to win where it mattered. Once again, they mounted a better ground game to turn out the vote on election day than Republicans managed to, especially in a dozen key swing states. A look at the final 2012 electoral college map shows that very little changed between 2008 and 2012. Only two states "switched" from one candidate to another: traditionally Republican Indiana, which Obama won in 2008, went for Romney in 2012, and North Carolina, a surprise win for Obama in 2008, also went to Romney in 2012.

exotix
02-16-2014, 10:19 AM
A conservative hasn't run since Reagan.
Yes ?
How do you explain say for instance, that's why Reagan raised taxes about 11 times after his signature presidential acclaim .... voodoo economics .... didn't work ... and still quadrupled the National Debt ... then again by Bush who then doubled the quadruple ... and now again by tea partiers ?

Peter1469
02-16-2014, 10:37 AM
Why not describe this in more detail?

What was the first tax cut? What %?

Why did Congress promise to cut spending if Reagan agreed to tax increases after the first tax cut? Why did they not cut spending?

I won't hold my breath.

Yes ?
How do you explain say for instance, that's why Reagan raised taxes about 11 times after his signature presidential acclaim .... voodoo economics .... didn't work ... and still quadrupled the National Debt ... then again by Bush who then doubled the quadruple ... and now again by tea partiers ?

exotix
02-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Why not describe this in more detail?

What was the first tax cut? What %?

Why did Congress promise to cut spending if Reagan agreed to tax increases after the first tax cut? Why did they not cut spending?

I won't hold my breath.
There's no mystery to it ... zero taxes for the wealthy doesn't induce job creations ... this is historical.

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Partly because the GOP far right didn't support them. They picked at their candidates as RINOs for months prior to the election. As a result, many Republican voters were dissatisfied with having "RINO" candidates and stayed home on election day.

Clearly the Democrats weren't going to vote for them. If the Republican voters don't turnout for their candidates, regardless of party differences, how can the Republicans expect to ever win? Proof again that Republicans are their own worst enemies by driving away voters instead of rallying voters.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/07/2012-Turnout-Dramatically-Lower-Than-2008

I agree, because I am one that will not vote for a Rino! just to have a liberal with an R behind his mane in the White House

I will vote for a conservative if they put one forward, if not then they have not earned my vote, and if the Country must continue in decline then we might as well go full speed ahead with the Democrats in charge!

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 10:42 AM
There's no mystery to it ... zero taxes for the wealthy doesn't induce job creations ... this is historical.

Well then you will be able to show the figures from the labor department that show an increase in unemployment after the tax cuts and it will be easy to show the drop in revenue by going to the treasury dept

I will help you out the cuts took effect in 63, 83,97, and 2003

I will look forward to your links!

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Yes ?

It is very simple, Reagan was dealing with Tip Oneal. and in order to get tax cuts in some areas he had to agree to a lot of sin taxes!

This has been proven to be a lie time and time again, Yet give these stupid liberals credit they will take the word of there masters over the facts each and every time!

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 10:46 AM
I agree, because I am one that will not vote for a Rino! just to have a liberal with an R behind his mane in the White House

So, by not voting for Romney, you now have Obama as President. So what's the problem?

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 10:50 AM
So, by not voting for Romney, you now have Obama as President. So what's the problem?

Like I said, it is unlikely that anything would be different.

I don't want a liberal, period. If that is what the republicans have to offer? Then someone else will get my vote!

And here is why, Romney would not have turned the bus of destruction around he would have just slowed it down.

If we have to hit the financial cliff lets hit is at 100 miles an hour, so our generation the generation that voted for all this free stuff can at least be here to start the rebuilding of the country

just because we hit the cliff 3 or 4 years later means very little in the long run.

Peter1469
02-16-2014, 10:53 AM

You certainly have a lock on the position of forum jester.

From 1981 to 1988 the top 1% paid all of the tax increases. (http://www.nytimes.com/1992/05/31/business/who-paid-the-most-taxes-in-the-80-s-the-superrich.html) Everyone else got to share a $5B tax cut.

exotix
02-16-2014, 10:54 AM
It is very simple, Reagan was dealing with Tip Oneal. and in order to get tax cuts in some areas he had to agree to a lot of sin taxes!

This has been proven to be a lie time and time again, Yet give these stupid liberals credit they will take the word of there masters over the facts each and every time!

You certainly have a lock on the position of forum jester.

From 1981 to 1988 the top 1% paid all of the tax increases. (http://www.nytimes.com/1992/05/31/business/who-paid-the-most-taxes-in-the-80-s-the-superrich.html) Everyone else got to share a $5B tax cut.Yeah uh huh ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MW44jsYi0g

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Like I said, it is unlikely that anything would be different.

Just so we're clear, you'd just as soon have a completely left-wing government rather than a slightly right-wing government.

While I understand your position, I disagree. In a nation split almost 50/50 between Left and Right, it's nearly impossible for a far Left or far Right candidate to win a national election much less be reelected. Even though both Obama and Clinton had some far Left ideas, they knew they had to move toward the center in order to achieve anything in office.

Wiser minds at the RNC knew this too regarding Republican candidates, but the far Right members of the party have pushed, screamed and bitched to the point where they are kneecapping their own candidates who have a chance at winning a national election.

When the RNC puts up a far right candidate for 2016 and the Left wins in a landslide, who will you blame next?

Cigar
02-16-2014, 11:13 AM

LOL.

I stopped reading after; How Obama got elected and failing education system, what does one hav to do with the other?

Well, we all know what that's code for.

Peter1469
02-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Yeah uh huh ...

I will take that as dodging my point above. Typical.

exotix
02-16-2014, 11:29 AM
I stopped reading after; How Obama got elected and failing education system, what does one hav to do with the other?

Let's not be to harsh ... these people are minions of the tea party manifesto ... say for instance, look how Obama has created 49 straight quarters of job growth and killed Bin Laden and this is magically grounds for impeachment.

Peter1469
02-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Let's not be to harsh ... these people are minions of the tea party manifesto ... say for instance, look how Obama has created 49 straight quarters of job growth and killed Bin Laden and this is magically grounds for impeachment.

When you consider the numbers of jobs that have disappeared, what job growth are you thinking of?

And poor economics numbers along with bin Laden being killed on his watch are not impeachable events. Not sure what is going on in your head....

Cigar
02-16-2014, 11:41 AM
When you consider the numbers of jobs that have disappeared, what job growth are you thinking of?

And poor economics numbers along with bin Laden being killed on his watch are not impeachable events. Not sure what is going on in your head....

The Jobs started diapering after January 20th 2009

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 11:42 AM

Not all conservatives are "minions of the tea party manifesto", racists, idiotic birthers or think Obama should be impeached. However, many conservatives are very disturbed about the amount of unsustainable debt our nation is ramping up and the trend to make everyone equal in income.

Once you strip away the "minions", idiots and racists from the Tea Party, you are left with a lot of Americans very concerned about the fiscal irresponsibility of our nation's leaders.

exotix
02-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Not all conservatives are "minions of the tea party manifesto", racists, idiotic birthers or think Obama should be impeached. However, many conservatives are very disturbed about the amount of unsustainable debt our nation is ramping up and the trend to make everyone equal in income.

Once you strip away the "minions", idiots and racists from the Tea Party, you are left with a lot of Americans very concerned about the fiscal irresponsibility of our nation's leaders.
Yes let's elect another conservative so they can create more problems (for Dems) to solve.

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Yes let's elect another conservative so they can create more problems (for Dems) to solve.

What problems have the "Dems" solved so far? Limiting debt? Healthcare reform? Election reform? Illegal immigration?

Peter1469
02-16-2014, 12:14 PM

I am still not sure what you are talking about. Look at the job participation rate. Look at the unemployment rate. Make your point with that data.

Mainecoons
02-16-2014, 12:25 PM
How do you "diaper" jobs?

Second question: Why can't the Democrats hire more literate shills than Cigar?

:rofl:

Cigar
02-16-2014, 12:28 PM

Simple ... you have to change them often when the Babies start crying ... and shitting all over themselves when they don't get their way.

:grin: Oops ... didn't see that one coming didn't you Ms Spelling Nazi :laugh:

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah uh huh ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MW44jsYi0g

OK you just proved my point.

Bush ! raised taxes, the economy went into recession and Clinton won the election?

What did Clinton do, #1 he raised taxes on the middle class that could not get out of them, and then he gave the biggest tax cut in history to the wealthy when he slashed capital gains taxes. At a time when very few other than the rich were invested in the stock market!

Are you so fucking dense that you can't see that you are proving yourself wrong. NEVERMIND! you don't need to answer that question, we all know the answer!

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Just so we're clear, you'd just as soon have a completely left-wing government rather than a slightly right-wing government.

While I understand your position, I disagree. In a nation split almost 50/50 between Left and Right, it's nearly impossible for a far Left or far Right candidate to win a national election much less be reelected. Even though both Obama and Clinton had some far Left ideas, they knew they had to move toward the center in order to achieve anything in office.

Wiser minds at the RNC knew this too regarding Republican candidates, but the far Right members of the party have pushed, screamed and bitched to the point where they are kneecapping their own candidates who have a chance at winning a national election.

When the RNC puts up a far right candidate for 2016 and the Left wins in a landslide, who will you blame next?

Define far right candidate? Christie is not going to get my vote, never was.

Paul, might, because I trust him on the economic issues.

But my choice would be Walker or Dyrample! from WI and ND respectively!

And if they run a conservative candidate that will actually explain and not just talk about being a conservative, That person will not loose.

As for not wanting a slightly less liberal candidate? Liberalism will die when the country goes broke and can't pay people not to work any longer.

Hell hath no fury like a liberal scorned!

So yes if I have the choice between liberal and liberal light, give it to me full strength, and lets get started with the rebuilding of the country!

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 01:36 PM

Do tell?

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 01:37 PM

Motard, when are you going to post that manifesto?? We are still waiting!

PS Cigar, this is what we are talking about with the failed educations system, A shining example!

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 01:38 PM

They sure the hell have not come back we have 9 million fewer people participating in the workforce than when he took office?

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 01:40 PM

Oh! thank God they are going to solve our problems, which one do you think they will start with?

zelmo1234
02-16-2014, 01:41 PM

Really???? that is the best you could do with that statement spelling police?

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Define far right candidate?

Any member of the GOP who uses the term RINO against fellow members of the Party.

Cigar
02-16-2014, 02:05 PM
They sure the hell have not come back we have 9 million fewer people participating in the workforce than when he took office?

Maybe King Obama should have issued an Executive Order for them to get back in the game. :laugh:

Green Arrow
02-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Any member of the GOP who uses the term RINO against fellow members of the Party.

So, that's wrong, but those moderates calling fellow members of the party extremists is good?

Mainecoons
02-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Max, you're about as qualified to comment on how the Republican Party should be run as common is. Sorry guy, one doesn't go to a witch doctor for medical advise or a flaming liberal for political advice. :grin:

Ransom
02-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Let us hope and pray...that the Republicans scrap and claw behind closed doors as is politically appropriate in carving out a platform and candidate.....but the winner of the primary should get the conservative, right leaning, neo-con, moderate, tea party, and independent Repub vote. I cannot for the life of me understand these he or she is too moderate or too extreme from GOPers. We do that behind closed doors.....we have our dog fights with each other...but when it's election day you suit up. Go to the polls, vote for the Republican whether he or she was your primary choice or not. Every vote counts.

This is a big reason why we lose national elections. Obama and Clinton had stark differences, the winner of that primary was going to get all Left leaning votes. Regardless. Dems fight behind closed doors and show a united front on election day. Learn from it Republicans.

Green Arrow
02-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Let us hope and pray...that the Republicans scrap and claw behind closed doors as is politically appropriate in carving out a platform and candidate.....but the winner of the primary should get the conservative, right leaning, neo-con, moderate, tea party, and independent Repub vote. I cannot for the life of me understand these he or she is too moderate or too extreme from GOPers. We do that behind closed doors.....we have our dog fights with each other...but when it's election day you suit up. Go to the polls, vote for the Republican whether he or she was your primary choice or not. Every vote counts.

This is a big reason why we lose national elections. Obama and Clinton had stark differences, the winner of that primary was going to get all Left leaning votes. Regardless. Dems fight behind closed doors and show a united front on election day. Learn from it Republicans.

In other words, be a herd.

exotix
02-16-2014, 05:51 PM

Well, I think the important thing to do since todays' conservatism is nothing more than a buncha wackos destroying America ... is at least act like you're unified against the Dems .... LOL

Willard ~ 'Billary will be Judged on her own Record ... not Hubby's

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/16/mitt-romney-hillary-clinton_n_4798645.html?ncid=webmail2

The Mittster comes to Billarys defense.

Video Inside

http://i61.tinypic.com/6ga91g.png

Ransom
02-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Exotix always my show and tell. The obvious Hillary vote. Should some Dem beat Hillary in primary aka Obama...exotix votes for that primary winner

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 06:50 PM
Max, you're about as qualified to comment on how the Republican Party should be run as common is.What, in your opinion, makes a person qualified to comment on how the Republican party is run?

I was a member of the Republican party since I became eligible to vote in 1974 and until I left in disgust 38 years later to join the increasingly larger contingent of Independents. Please enjoy your shrinking, increasingly harder right party up until it implodes and is run over by the fucking Democrats like a New York city street cleaner.

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 06:59 PM
So, that's wrong, but those moderates calling fellow members of the party extremists is good?

It's not a matter of good or bad when members of the same party accuse each other of being too extremist or too moderate. What is bad for the party is when one or the other drives members to leave thereby shrinking the party and insuring the opposition will win elections.

Peter1469
02-16-2014, 07:46 PM
I left the GOP also- they were spending like drunken liberals. F'em.

What, in your opinion, makes a person qualified to comment on how the Republican party is run?

I was a member of the Republican party since I became eligible to vote in 1974 and until I left in disgust 38 years later to join the increasingly larger contingent of Independents. Please enjoy your shrinking, increasingly harder right party up until it implodes and is run over by the fucking Democrats like a New York city street cleaner.

Bob
02-16-2014, 07:49 PM
I can't see one thing that the so called Independents got for "we the people."

Bob
02-16-2014, 07:55 PM

Or follow the Reagan model where he collected vast votes from Democrats but preached the talk of republicans. That was the era when some Democrats still had some common sense.

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 07:55 PM
I can't see one thing that the so called Independents got for "we the people."

What do the Republicans or the Democrats "got for "we the people.""?

Independents are just that, independent. They are not beholding to any political party or their platform.

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Or follow the Reagan model where he collected vast votes from Democrats but preached the talk of republicans. That was the era when some Democrats still had some common sense.

I liked Reagan. Both the Republicans and Democrats have become increasingly insane since his day. I was just strapping into a helicopter as a young copilot when I heard on the ADF that he'd been shot.

Why do you, an Englishman or Anglophile, take such interest in American politics? http://www.historicbritain.com/vendor/whitmorehallnewcastleunderlyme.aspx
Whitmore Hall, Newcastle Under Lyme (Staffordshire)http://www.travelbookingnetwork.com/photos/thumb.ashx?file=whitmore-hall---geograph-org-uk---2257.jpg

Mainecoons
02-16-2014, 08:37 PM
What, in your opinion, makes a person qualified to comment on how the Republican party is run?

I'm a libertarian, genius, which you would know if you ever paid attention here.

And you're a flaming liberal and hardly one to advise the Republicans on anything.

Max Rockatansky
02-16-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm a libertarian, genius

While I appreciate your recognition of my intellectual superiority over you, I'm far to modest to accept such accolades. I'm just one of the guys.

Thanks anyway from one libertarian-minded person to another.