PDA

View Full Version : Liberals Turn To Oppression To Hold On To Power

Mr. Mensch
02-17-2014, 10:16 AM
If you’re a conservative, you don't need to silence the opposition.
But liberals just can’t have conservatives speaking. We’ll tell the truth, and that’s why liberals need to shut us up.
Their traditional intimidation tactics are wearing out. Calling someone a “racist” used to be a devastating moral indictment. Liberals’ promiscuous employment of the word first turned it into a cliché and then into an ironic punchline. I know, saying that out loud is racist. And sexist. And cisgender heteronormative, whatever the hell that means.

Sure, the liberals come up with excuses, with justifications, with rationales for this prima facie oppression. But understand that the left was never against political repression. The left is only against being repressed itself.

How does all this end well? It doesn't. It can't. That is, unless the American people come to their senses and demand that the Constitution, as it is written, be respected. That change come through the political process, through persuasion rather than diktat.
But if that doesn't happen, what then? What becomes of our system? How do we act when we take power again? Should we also ignore those same principles that we seek to reaffirm in order to reaffirm them? Does the next Republican president simply announce that he's repealing Obamacare by executive order? Does he simply refuse to implement other laws we dislike? Does he refuse to collect foolish taxes? Does he use his prosecutorial discretion to decide to refuse to prosecute his allies? Is that what we want?

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2014/02/17/failing-liberals-turn-to-oppression-to-hold-on-to-power-n1795089/page/full

I find it interesting that all the things that Liberals have claimed to be against they immediately started doing themselves as soon as they had the chance. From my experience, left wingers are among the most intolerant people out there. They can accept any idea or opinion, no matter how bizarre, immoral or disgusting so long as it doesn't conflict with what they think it right.

Cigar
02-17-2014, 12:28 PM
If you’re a conservative, you don't need to silence the opposition? :huh:

Exactly what planet have you been on for the last 5 years? :rollseyes:

Adelaide
02-17-2014, 02:04 PM
I find it interesting that all the things that Liberals have claimed to be against they immediately started doing themselves as soon as they had the chance. From my experience, left wingers are among the most intolerant people out there. They can accept any idea or opinion, no matter how bizarre, immoral or disgusting so long as it doesn't conflict with what they think it right.

Ah, the human condition. That sentence doesn't just apply to liberals.

The Sage of Main Street
02-17-2014, 04:51 PM
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2014/02/17/failing-liberals-turn-to-oppression-to-hold-on-to-power-n1795089/page/full

From my experience, left wingers are among the most intolerant people out there. They can accept any idea or opinion, no matter how bizarre, immoral or disgusting so long as it doesn't conflict with what they think it right.

You are on a witchhunt. There are no Liberals. Your imaginary enemy, Hillary Clinton, was by birth a Right-Wing spoiled Heiress, the kind you wish you'd marry just like Prescott Bush did to start that dynasty. Missy Rodham was attending some aristocratic snob college when she realized that the best way to establish anti-American class supremacy was to take over Liberalism and intentionally make it disgusting to the majority, who would be tricked into voting for the openly Right Wing.