PDA

View Full Version : Kappa Beta Phi

Common
02-18-2014, 06:14 AM
Secret society of the super rich ruling class of wall street.

If you care to read it and make your own decision about it.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/02/i-crashed-a-wall-street-secret-society.html

Peter1469
02-18-2014, 07:37 AM
good read

Newpublius
02-18-2014, 09:05 AM
I got stuck with the opposite Phi Betta Kappa, guess I should've held out.

midcan5
02-18-2014, 09:27 AM
These are the people who manage the minds of America today. People admired by the right wing of America? Curious how genuinely stupid they sound, but in America money is the chief cook and champagne drinker. Remember when George W. Bush called the monied 'my people,' or Mitt Romney named '47 percent' of America as moochers, here then are the real moochers. People who bleed the system and laugh at the people who vote in the fools who allow them to bleed the system.

"The Conservative Nanny State: How the Wealthy Use the Government to Stay Rich and Get Richer... Economist Dean Baker debunks the myth that conservatives favor the market over government intervention. In fact, conservatives rely on a range of “nanny state” policies that ensure the rich get richer while leaving most Americans worse off. It’s time for the rules to change. Sound economic policy should harness the market in ways that produce desirable social outcomes – decent wages, good jobs and affordable health care." http://deanbaker.net:8080/books/the-conservative-nanny-state.htm

"Many conservatives and libertarians defend the current levels of income inequality on the basis of merit. They claim the rich got rich because they worked harder, longer or smarter than the rest. However, researchers have conducted a vast number of empirical studies on what factors contribute to success, and in what proportion. A classic example of one of these studies is the 1972 book Inequality, by Christopher Jencks. (1) And these studies show that the meritocrat's position is not just arguably wrong, but clearly wrong." The rich get rich because of their merit. (http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-richmerit.htm)

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/political-animal-a/2014_02/the_vast_shredding_of_americas049010.php

"This disposition to admire, and almost to worship , the rich and powerful, and to despise, or, at least neglect persons of poor and mean conditions...is...the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." Adam Smith

Newpublius
02-18-2014, 10:25 AM
Economist Dean Baker debunks the myth that conservatives favor the market over government intervention.

Well, Baker is right with respect to 'Republicans' of course because the government is so large that the Republican Party also obviously utilizes Federal expenditures to influence voting patterns. The Republican pet pigs are agriculture, defense and finance of course.

The observation of the economist Warren Nutter is pertinent that there is nothing so rare as a shrinking government.

But there are genuine small/limited government conservatives who, as non-politicians, truly do believe in conservative principles and do not defend 'Republican' actions that are contrary to those principles simply because its branded 'Team R'

Of course, the small government position cannot win.

Common
02-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Well, Baker is right with respect to 'Republicans' of course because the government is so large that the Republican Party also obviously utilizes Federal expenditures to influence voting patterns. The Republican pet pigs are agriculture, defense and finance of course.

The observation of the economist Warren Nutter is pertinent that there is nothing so rare as a shrinking government.

But there are genuine small/limited government conservatives who, as non-politicians, truly do believe in conservative principles and do not defend 'Republican' actions that are contrary to those principles simply because its branded 'Team R'

Of course, the small government position cannot win.

Democrats have lots of pet pigs too and both gop and dems pigs are for votes.

The small govt position is never truly pursued, Republicans do not want small govt, they benefit more from govt than the dems supporters.

Many rich are rich because of Govt, like piss poor land owners whos land just sat vacant or who made pennies growing corn, have gotten fabulously rich off of Ethanol. Ethanol that both Rs and Ds are for and Republicans who go to Iowa have all hailed ethanol to delight the iowa caucus's all for votes at the expense of all americans. Ds and Rs alike know Ethanol is WORTHLESS and they have known it along time.
Republican Congress people and Senators that bring billions in pork home, including those that scream about small govt.
Its all BS for votes

Polecat
02-18-2014, 10:58 AM
The French had the right idea on how to dispense nobility.

Newpublius
02-18-2014, 11:19 AM
The small govt position is never truly pursued

I'm aware of that, its why I'm not in the Republican Party.

Republicans do not want small govt

Well, they're the ones with that plank in the party platform though. So, there are Republicans who do and in a two party system, I either need a viable third party capable of achieving 'small government' or of making the Republican Party 'walk the walk'

they benefit more from govt than the dems supporters.

No, not even close.