PDA

View Full Version : The real scoop on illegal immigration

donttread
02-22-2014, 10:57 AM
The immigration issue is here to stay for three reasons:

1) It means votes for the democrats
2) It means cheap labor for the republican's investors
3) It allows both of them to distract you from the sheer magnitude of their collect abject failure to manage the country.

But the thing that really burns my ass is how the people can accept a post 9/11 world where the government tells them that the threat of terrorism is so grave as to "justify" spying on our own people and trashing due process YET not grave enough to seal a border where anybody can come in at anytime. I mean in what universe could that be true?

patrickt
02-22-2014, 11:01 AM
I love the "real scoop". I would quibble with number 2. Mexicans want to work. Americans are, at long last, free of the burden, as the liberals put it, of having to work.

Mexican nationals working in my city were getting paid the same as U.S. citizens working at the same job. Some paid taxes but others preferred working for less and not having to pay FICA and Income Tax. They're often uneducated but not stupid. No more stupid than Americans who will sit at home when working only increases their income by 20%.

donttread
02-22-2014, 11:02 AM
I love the "real scoop". I would quibble with number 2. Mexicans want to work. Americans are, at long last, free of the burden, as the liberals put it, of having to work.

Isn't that the same thing?

The Sage of Main Street
02-22-2014, 03:27 PM

3) It allows both of them to distract you from the sheer magnitude of their collect abject failure to manage the country.

But the thing that really burns my ass is how the people can accept a post 9/11 world where the government tells them that the threat of terrorism is so grave YET not grave enough to seal a border where anybody can come in at any time.

9/11 was caused by the Capitaliban's insatiable greed. In order to get drilling contracts in Saudi Arabia, Big Oil had to offer the royal jihadis visas for their citizens who came here and committed mass murder. But we are also suffering from mass economic murder because other corporations trade visas for sweatshops.

patrickt
02-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Isn't that the same thing?
No. You imply the only reason Mexicans have work is that they're "cheap labor". A friend who worked in California in food service for the state said when there was a job opening almost the only people who were willing to work in the cafeteria were Mexicans.

Mister D
02-22-2014, 07:52 PM
No. You imply the only reason Mexicans have work is that they're "cheap labor". A friend who worked in California in food service for the state said when there was a job opening almost the only people who were willing to work in the cafeteria were Mexicans.

Their presence lowers wages. Please stop parroting Wall Street Journal type propaganda.

donttread
02-22-2014, 07:53 PM

I do not dispute that, real working for a living seems to be "beneath " even young people today. However the fact remains that now the factory farms etc. have quality cheap labor they couldn't find among Americans.

darroll
02-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Some of the poor actually pay taxes, yup, the Mexicans.

Dr. Who
02-22-2014, 10:11 PM
Their presence lowers wages. Please stop parroting Wall Street Journal type propaganda.

Ask the farmers how many Americans are willing to spend eight hours a day picking fruit or other produce for minimal money in the hot sun during the harvest season. If it were not for Mexican migrant pickers, the agriculture industry would be in trouble. Americans apparently won't even do it for $10/hour.

zelmo1234
02-22-2014, 10:56 PM
Ask the farmers how many Americans are willing to spend eight hours a day picking fruit or other produce for minimal money in the hot sun during the harvest season. If it were not for Mexican migrant pickers, the agriculture industry would be in trouble. Americans apparently won't even do it for $10/hour.

Do you ever wonder how many would be willing to do it if they could not collect there welfare checks?

Dr. Who
02-22-2014, 11:34 PM
Do you ever wonder how many would be willing to do it if they could not collect there welfare checks?
Then they might try, but let's face it the farmers would probably have to have an ambulance on standby given the level of obesity among welfare recipients. From what I've read many Americans who try, give up after about three hours of back breaking work. They simply lack the physical ability to do that kind of work for any amount of money.

Bob
02-22-2014, 11:59 PM

But the thing that really burns my ass is how the people can accept a post 9/11 world where the government tells them that the threat of terrorism is so grave as to "justify" spying on our own people and trashing due process YET not grave enough to seal a border where anybody can come in at anytime. I mean in what universe could that be true?

Yet Obama brags he deports record numbers of illegals.

LOL

Bob
02-23-2014, 12:02 AM

I am not a Mexican but I spent time cutting grapes, picking currents and working on a cotton farm my uncle was living on as the person the owner put in charge of watching it.

How has America got so soft they can't handle working on farms?

Bob
02-23-2014, 12:05 AM
Then they might try, but let's face it the farmers would probably have to have an ambulance on standby given the level of obesity among welfare recipients. From what I've read many Americans who try, give up after about three hours of back breaking work. They simply lack the physical ability to do that kind of work for any amount of money.

When I did it, I did not think it was back breaking. Cutting grapes was monotony but not that hard. Cutting currents and boxing them was very boring as was chopping cotton. The pay sucked. I keep hearing how hard crops are to work but never found that so. A day working on the GM assembly line was harder. I spent some very hard days in pile driving but the pay was very good.

iustitia
02-23-2014, 12:07 AM
I'd work on a farm 10 an hour, that's more than I've been paid in most places. I'm hispanic, but I'm a citizen and I prefer back-breaking work to talking to people/customers.

Dr. Who
02-23-2014, 01:32 AM
I am not a Mexican but I spent time cutting grapes, picking currents and working on a cotton farm my uncle was living on as the person the owner put in charge of watching it.

How has America got so soft they can't handle working on farms?
Apparently, given what the farmers are saying, they are upset that the current guest worker program requires that there are not enough able, willing, and qualified U.S. workers for the position. For the farmers, proving that American workers are insufficiently able or willing has become a major hurdle that is hurting their business.

patrickt
02-23-2014, 06:18 AM

Sorry. I knew you would never let reality intrude on your leftist fantasies.

patrickt
02-23-2014, 06:24 AM

I asked an acquaintance who was on SSI for a "permanent emotional disability". He was perfectly healthy but laughed and said his disability was he didn't want to work. I asked what he'd do if his SSI check stopped, his housing subsidy stopped, his food stamps stopped, his Medicaid card was cancelled and after a moment he said he'd get a job but he wouldn't like it. Oh, he wasn't Mexican.

Colorado State University faced a dilemma. They had quotas to meet for hiring minorities and the minorities weren't willing to do the work that was available. So, they hired illegal aliens. They paid them standard state wages, paid all relevant taxes, paid for health insurance and life insurance, and contributed to a pension fund.

A friend of mine, an illegal alien in his mid-sixties, was visiting our city. He had a small ranch in Chihuahua where he raised pecans. One afternoon I saw him in a field working and waived. Later, when I ran into him I said, "Aren't you a little old to be doing stoop labor in the field?"

"My pecan business is okay but I don't get much cash money during the year. I'm getting about $125 a day so I work the field two or three days a week." That was a long time ago. I don't know what they get paid now.

Akula
02-23-2014, 06:42 AM

Time to cull the herd anyway.

zelmo1234
02-23-2014, 08:06 AM

OK and we have let that happen in the name of compassion! And that is why liberal policies are wrong in my opinion!

Conservative values sound cruel I will give you that but they lead to better and more productive lives for people!

Peter1469
02-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Sorry. I knew you would never let reality intrude on your leftist fantasies.

Mr D is certainly not a leftists and neither is his statement.

Mister D
02-23-2014, 09:31 AM

Such jobs minimal money for a reason.

donttread
02-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Such jobs minimal money for a reason.

Correction the FACTORY Farms would be in trouble and I have no problem with that

The Sage of Main Street
02-23-2014, 12:26 PM
When I did it, I did not think it was back breaking. The pay sucked.

That's what it's all about. Because of abusing this privilege, the owners should not be in charge of determining wages. The idle rich claim that prices will rise, but that's only if they have the right to set their profit in stone, and pass on their self-created lessening of profit to the consumer and have us make up for it. They should take the hit, not America.

Most of all, they don't know how to run a business if paying decent wages makes it not worth running. We are brought up brainwashed to believe that if someone is in a high position, he must be one of the best men for the job.

The baseball owners claimed the same imaginary threat of bankruptcy that the Fright Wing is whining about today. But they were forced by the union to become better businessmen and baseball didn't go out of business.

Rebel Son
02-23-2014, 01:31 PM

Why are we bringing in illegals from a multitude of countries on a reg basis?

darroll
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM
People around here can't do the farm work unless you speak Spanish.
Don't forget the Farm Workers Union.

Peter1469
02-23-2014, 05:10 PM
We can have sensible immigrant worker programs if Americans don't take these jobs. It is seasonal work. Hire them in Mexico, truck them in and they live in barracks, work, then come home after the season is over. But we pay them real wages.

lynn
02-23-2014, 06:04 PM
The government wants already educated with degrees foreigners since they did not have to invest in them by providing college loans plus they will work for lower wages. In the medical field, it is getting harder and harder to find an native born American doctor. The same thing is going on in the IT field. As far as Mexico is concerned, cheap labor is my guess is why they are letting them come here.

Peter1469
02-23-2014, 06:07 PM
The government wants already educated with degrees foreigners since they did not have to invest in them by providing college loans plus they will work for lower wages. In the medical field, it is getting harder and harder to find an native born American doctor. The same thing is going on in the IT field. As far as Mexico is concerned, cheap labor is my guess is why they are letting them come here.

Mexico's economy is picking up. So the cheap labor will have to come from further south.

The Sage of Main Street
02-24-2014, 12:08 PM

Even with tuition paid for, Americans still have to live like 15-year-olds on part-time jobs, so they never grow up. This is totally against the manly American spirit, which results in the colleges having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get enough people to put up with this class-biased indentured servitude. This failed institution has turned off our talent pool and turned it into a puddle. It must be replaced with highly paid training, which everyone will try out for, guaranteeing far more talented college graduates than they Diploma Dumbos who dominate us now.

Always compare this plutocratic command to the only thing colleges do right (which they shouldn't do at all): college sports. What kind of athletes would they be able to recruit if all they offered was free tuition and the players had to live like little boys on part-time jobs? Getting a job by going four years without a job is so absurd that it is an example of the Big Lie: no one rational could justify it, so it acts like a mental implant that makes it impossible to question this oppressive absurdity.

A way to skip college but live like a college student and be better off is to put your entire paycheck in the bank and live off your moonlighting part-time job. You will wind up with 60K - 100K to start your own business. This applies to High IQs too; science is for suckers and only makes the rich richer. Since you won't have time to study anything practical, you should get into the same kind of business one of your jobs is in. Might as well start saving in high school, since there is no point in studying except just to pass. No need to get good grades; you are not going to waste your time in college turning yourself into a Cash Cow for the Corporations. But you can't live a normal life even in high school; it will make you too hungry for a better social life when you get your full-time job. Warren Buffett made more money than his high-school teachers, but he couldn't get a date because he saved all his money in order to start up his investment career.