PDA

View Full Version : Military Helps Gangs Go International

Guerilla
02-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Through transfers and deployments, military-affiliated gang members expand their culture and operations to new regions nationwide and worldwide, undermining security and law enforcement efforts to combat crime. Gang members with military training pose a unique threat to law enforcement personnel because of their distinctive weapons and combat training skills and their ability to transfer these skills to fellow gang members.

Other gangs target the U.S. military and defense systems to expand their territory, facilitate criminal activity such as weapons and drug trafficking, or to receive weapons and combat training that they may transfer back to their gang.

I don't think the government will be able to properly combat this problem. I think it's going to get worse because gangs arise in poor economic conditions. They are used for protection, community, and financial support. As economies get worse, their will be more poor people entering the military, some from gangs, and they may spread their gangs to other parts of the world where their is more poverty. We are also better equipping gangs with training and weapons, so this could become a problem that the government can't really do anything about.

read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-gang-assessment-us-military-2011-10#ixzz2u7OzV65T

Dr. Who
02-23-2014, 01:19 AM
I don't think the government will be able to properly combat this problem. I think it's going to get worse because gangs arise in poor economic conditions. They are used for protection, community, and financial support. As economies get worse, their will be more poor people entering the military, some from gangs, and they may spread their gangs to other parts of the world where their is more poverty. We are also better equipping gangs with training and weapons, so this could become a problem that the government can't really do anything about.

read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-gang-assessment-us-military-2011-10#ixzz2u7OzV65T

Sounds like they are emulating the CIA.

KC
02-23-2014, 04:50 AM
Sounds like they are emulating the CIA.

You are seriously the best Dr. Who

Gerrard Winstanley
02-23-2014, 05:27 AM
I don't think the government will be able to properly combat this problem. I think it's going to get worse because gangs arise in poor economic conditions.
I smell a race thread coming.

GrassrootsConservative
02-23-2014, 05:32 AM
I smell a race thread coming.

All it takes is one Liberal poster.

Peter1469
02-23-2014, 07:50 AM
The military is well aware of this problem. When I was a prosecutor in the Army I attended many high level law enforcement meetings about gangs in the military. The old tattoo policy was an attempt to combat it.

A big issue is the conflict between the recruiting world (stressful and quota based) with the commanders' world (need good soldiers).

Peter1469
02-23-2014, 07:50 AM
All it takes is one Liberal poster. Not if you follow the threads and posts here.