PDA

View Full Version : FCC Backs Off of Political Officers in News Rooms

Peter1469
02-23-2014, 10:19 AM
Were they going to be wearing jack boots and cool uniforms? (http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/02/fcc-backs-off-newsroom-study-183772.html)

Under reported by the targets of this scheme, the Administration tried to place political officers inside local news and radio stations.

The liberal press (sorry, I repeat myself) on cover-up:
he Federal Communications Commission will amend a proposed study of newsrooms in South Carolina after outcry over what some called "invasive questions," the commission's chairman said Friday.

The survey was meant to study how and if the media is meeting the public's “critical information needs” on subjects like public health, politics, transportation and the environment. Now, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler said questions about news philosophy and editorial judgment will be removed from the survey and media owners and reporters will no longer be questioned.

Maybe the real problem was that the contractor who got the Jack Boot job, Social Solutions International, is owned by the daughter of a powerful democrat operative with close ties to the Administration.

donttread
02-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Were they going to be wearing jack boots and cool uniforms? (http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/02/fcc-backs-off-newsroom-study-183772.html)

Under reported by the targets of this scheme, the Administration tried to place political officers inside local news and radio stations.

The liberal press (sorry, I repeat myself) on cover-up:

Maybe the real problem was that the contractor who got the Jack Boot job, Social Solutions International, is owned by the daughter of a powerful democrat operative with close ties to the Administration.

Oh good news , the government wants to control the news. What bad could possibly come from that?

Germanicus
02-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Greta Van Susteran seemed all cranky about it.

I believe it to be sensible at a time like this. The power of the USA has never been less. Soft power in the USA should be united but instead left and right attack each other. Me and China laugh and pick the best and funniest to tell Chinese citizens.. HA!

Peter1469
02-23-2014, 12:14 PM
I ran into Greta Van Susteran in Old Town Alexandria. I wouldn't even let you sleep with her. Dude.

I believe it to be sensible at a time like this. The power of the USA has never been less. Soft power in the USA should be united but instead left and right attack each other. Me and China laugh and pick the best and funniest to tell Chinese citizens.. HA!

patrickt
02-23-2014, 01:13 PM
A commissioner blew the whistle on them but they have in no way backed off. They'll get rid of the whistleblower and proceed as planned.

Common
02-24-2014, 04:47 AM
Oh good news , the government wants to control the news. What bad could possibly come from that?

They already control the news. Foxnews, MSNBC

I find it hilarious if you go to MSNBCs site you cant find a story bad about the ACA or any story that puts it in a bad light.

Go to foxnews and you cant find a good story about the ACA

The news is all BS you get more truth from blogs now. You cant get the news or any part of the truth just watching or reading one news source or 5

zelmo1234
02-24-2014, 06:36 AM

Dude, if China makes a move to take over, you will only have 2 choices, wither you will be killed in the war as your country will draft you to use as a bullet proof vest for us, and if you make it through that, and China wins?

You will die of lung cancer as China will turn your country into a strip mine!

The only people that will be sad are those making movies, and if China keeps those few areas in good shape it will actually be cheaper as now the movie studios have to spend millions on security to keep the lazy ass Australians, that refuse to work, such as yourself, form harassing the actors!

I have to admit it is a fun job though, making huge money and getting to beat the shit out of drunk Australians?

Now does it feel to be the only country that no one gives a shit about?

The Wash
02-24-2014, 08:27 AM
I am Conspiracy Brother. I believe the two party system is controlled by an outside group of elite bankers and corporate heads and that they use the two political parties and national partisanism to push their ideas through. Bush was able to get the Patriot Act past the types who claim to be small government because they will always support Republicans. Obama can destroy civil liberties because the Democrats who used to care will always support Democrats. This was planned to work out this way.

We're fucked on all sides and no one wants to admit that. They think they can fix it by voting in someone from their party.

Mainecoons
02-24-2014, 08:48 AM
I am Conspiracy Brother. I believe the two party system is controlled by an outside group of elite bankers and corporate heads and that they use the two political parties and national partisanism to push their ideas through. Bush was able to get the Patriot Act past the types who claim to be small government because they will always support Republicans. Obama can destroy civil liberties because the Democrats who used to care will always support Democrats. This was planned to work out this way.

We're fucked on all sides and no one wants to admit that. They think they can fix it by voting in someone from their party.

My first nomination for Post Of The Day