PDA

View Full Version : Coke, Pepsi Make Changes To Avoid Cancer Warning.....

MMC
03-10-2012, 08:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qEjVm1qgoU

Coca-Cola Co. and PepsiCo Inc. are changing the way they make the caramel coloring used in their sodas as a result of a California law that mandates drinks containing a certain level of carcinogens come with a cancer warning label.

Coca-Cola and PepsiCo account for almost 90 percent of the soda market, according to industry tracker Beverage Digest. A representative for Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. said all its caramel coloring now meet the new California standard.

The American Beverage Association, which represents the broader industry, said its member companies will continue to use caramel coloring in certain products but that adjustments were made to meet California's new standard.

The American Beverage Association also noted that California added the coloring to its list of carcinogens with no studies showing that it causes cancer in humans. It noted that the listing was based on a single study in lab mice and rats.....snip~

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/coke-pepsi-make-avoid-cancer-warning-15878247

Mister D
03-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Cancer is the least of your concerns if you are sucking down a lot of soda.

MMC
03-10-2012, 09:53 AM
I agree I use to drink a lot of soda. Then I got a job working in Construction. After a few days of 90 degree weather. That was the end of Soda. Even the UN-Cola. I think I had a Coke about a year and a half ago, and didnt finish it.

I went to vitamin Waters and or Juices.

Mister D
03-10-2012, 09:55 AM
I agree I use to drink a lot of soda. Then I got a job working in Construction. After a few days of 90 degree weather. That was the end of Soda. Even the UN-Cola. I think I had a Coke about a year and a half ago, and didnt finish it.

Soda is no good for you on a regular basis. I wouldn't worry much about cancer from soda but there's a lot of sugar and crap that bad for your waistline and your teeth.

Conley
03-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Cancer from soda wouldn't surprise me - especially can linings. The thing is, a lot of what we eat and drink causes cancer - anything grilled like meat or vegetables, for example. Cancer, as much as it sucks, is a part of life I don't think we'll get rid of any time soon.

Mister D
03-10-2012, 10:13 AM
That's the thing. A lot of things can potentially give you cancer. Live and be happy. Drinking soda isn't like smoking in terms of cancer.

ramone
03-10-2012, 11:46 AM

I poured concrete for 10 years, we drank a case of beer every day, Each. I put a beer holder on the trowel machine and would have the laborer's bring me a beer while finishing. :) Now I drink straight whiskey, never drink soda and not much water. My old buddy says "Water, that's what you wash your feet in". LOL

Mister D
03-10-2012, 01:17 PM
I would not recommend a case of beer per day to anyone :laugh: but beer is probably better for you than soda if you are drinking in moderation.

Conley
03-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I would not recommend a case of beer per day to anyone :laugh: but beer is probably better for you than soda if you are drinking in moderation.

:laugh: Not much moderation there. Hmm. Which would put you in a grave fastest? I hate to say it but I think a case of beer > a case of soda > a case of diet soda / day. Maybe that's just me being a sheeple. :grin:

Mister D
03-10-2012, 01:41 PM
A case of beer would produce a lot harmful crap into your body from breaking all that alcohol down. I'd say a case of soda would be better but not "good". A few beers a day, however, is better than a few sodas a day, IMO.

Conley
03-10-2012, 01:49 PM
A few beers a day, however, is better than a few sodas a day, IMO.

I think you're right about that.

Mister D
03-10-2012, 02:39 PM
That reminds me. I need to pick up a mixing scotch.

ramone
03-10-2012, 03:33 PM
:laugh: Not much moderation there. Hmm. Which would put you in a grave fastest? I hate to say it but I think a case of beer > a case of soda > a case of diet soda / day. Maybe that's just me being a sheeple. :grin:

Hell, I'm still alive and I've ingested much worse in my life. I stick to the whiskey now days however.

I drank a case of beer every day for years and I'm over 50. Had a good life and if I die tomorrow I can't say I was cheated on anything.

Mainecoons
03-10-2012, 05:37 PM
That reminds me. I need to pick up a mixing scotch.

Yes, please don't mix anything in with really good 15 year old single malt. Enjoy that on the rocks or neat with a good stogie!

Stoney
03-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I remember as a kid being told that Coke would rust your stomach.

Eat and drink what you want in moderation. Tomorrow Coke will be okay and something else will be bad.

Mainecoons
03-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Exactly. The leftist assholes want to tell you what to do with your body, the neocon assholes like Santorum want to dictate to you their view of morality. Screw them both.

MMC
03-11-2012, 06:23 AM
I poured concrete for 10 years, we drank a case of beer every day, Each. I put a beer holder on the trowel machine and would have the laborer's bring me a beer while finishing. :) Now I drink straight whiskey, never drink soda and not much water. My old buddy says "Water, that's what you wash your feet in". LOL

I to was in the same field. Concrete! I worked for a General Contractor. He handled bringing City Water to the suburbs and when he was running big they use to do all the Bridgework in Chicago. Until the partners split up. Although, this was not what he hired me for Initially.

Once they split he handled building pumping stations and well houses out in the farther suburbs of Chicago. lift stations too and we did work running water lines out at Silver Springs State Park. He did work in Indiana as well all Chicagoland Area. Originally I was hired as a painter Indoor and Outdoor. Plus I had to paint to whatever city code had going for waterlines and gas lines etc etc. After about 6 months he then asked if I wanted to make some more money. Which I said yeah. I was like making 15 dollars an hour back then. So I was like hell yeah. He was a Union Company too. But he had made a small holding company which was not union. So I started laboring for him. So I built forms, laid iron, did all the bending of rebar, and of course shoveled the shit. Learned how to put in sidewalks, make pads that some see generators sitting on outside along highways and in shopping malls parking lots.

Course coming into the field I was low man on the totem-pole. For like 10months I had to play gopher for those Union Guys. :angry: As they had to take breaks and lunch etc etc. Myself, I was the type that like to get the job done and not be dicking around. Plus all of them be checking one out when one first starts to see if they know what they are doing or some type of screw up that wont be lasting long. I be working and almost done with my shit and would be like hey I am out..... laters. Which I could get away with if I was like painting during the winter. Come construction-time, and digging-time. Not ever.

Then these guys no matter what you was doing. 9-9:30am Union break. Yo, MMC go get coffee and some donuts or danishes. MMC<<<<<alright, hold on I am almost done with this shit over here give me about 10 mins. Union Guys, ahhh fuck that shit.....go and get some coffee and those donuts. MMC<<<<I said hold on I Ill get it. Union guys, walk over start handing me their money, yeah and grab me this and get that. Hurry up......concrete will be coming. :laugh: Cuz once the ice cream arrives there is no dicking around. once they are done pouring thats when the Foreman and the carpenters could chill out if they didnt have anything else going. Which most of the time they dont. General shows up and all are there kicking it. Sometimes drinking beers if the General was cool with it. With him drinking too. End of the day type shit.

We get to kickback and chill when the finisher arrives. They tried to get me into that as I was a light guy and not somebody heavy. I didnt want to do it it all. Get out there on those foam pads and the troughs. Some of these sites were huge and let me tell you, one best not screw up on the concrete. Cuz aint much one can do once the shit hardens. Not to mention having the boss all up into your azz or some BA.

2 of the 3 years I worked for him we were able to work in the winter. As we would get buildings up and then save floors and concrete foundations for the winter and pour indoors. I hated that shit. Wheelbarrow time. :shocked: :angry: :grin:

MMC
03-11-2012, 06:30 AM
But to this day.....I miss that job and those people. All good guys. Hard working and for everything they got. not to mention when the work is done. Something was made. Something was left behind. Something all can look back on and see the work of their efforts. The job was great 6am to 2:30 pm and your 8 was in anything after was overtime. Most of the time except summer with big jobs, off for Sat and Sun. Home by no later than 6pm during the week. Slow Time Home by 4-4:40pm. The good Ole days.

Most being contractors they get in and get their work done. But all were Union. Electricans, plumbers, and heavy Equipment operators. I tell you once we had got some new kid that was an apprentice carpenter and a couple kid laborers. I was tired of that running shit. Because it was for anything and any of the guys who all knew each other and their familes.

I was like yeah, my turn to send somebody for some shit. :kiss:

Oh and like I said thats when I was pretty much done with Coke or pop. Wish I could say the same for coffee. One other thing, after being out of the field for several years I was successfully able to revert back to holding conversations without saying the F-Word 15 times in a paragraph and drop most of the profanity. :grin:

Conley
03-11-2012, 09:18 AM
:laugh: Awesome stories.

MMC
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
:laugh: Awesome stories.

Yeah I thought Ramone might be able to identify. Cuz don't let him fool ya. When he first started out.....GOPHER! :laugh: Aint that right Ramone?! :wink:

ramone
03-11-2012, 09:16 PM
LOL, yeah I missed this one and now I know what you were saying in a different thread.

I did shit I'd never do now days, had no idea what the hell I was doing at first. First time I used a cum along the guy liked to knocked the crap out of me for not keeping the mud off him. On a sidewalk, no less. LOL

Took me a long time to get over the coke however. I kinda liked that stuff, drank quite a bit of it or a substitute of it pretty much daily.

Mister D
03-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Yes, please don't mix anything in with really good 15 year old single malt. Enjoy that on the rocks or neat with a good stogie!

Ain't gonna happen. I'll probaby get some Johnny Walker Red Label to put in my tea or ginger ale.

Conley
03-12-2012, 03:43 PM
LOL, yeah I missed this one and now I know what you were saying in a different thread.

I did shit I'd never do now days, had no idea what the hell I was doing at first. First time I used a cum along the guy liked to knocked the crap out of me for not keeping the mud off him. On a sidewalk, no less. LOL

Took me a long time to get over the coke however. I kinda liked that stuff, drank quite a bit of it or a substitute of it pretty much daily.

There's something about soda that seems awfully addictive. It's more than the caffeine but I don't know what it could be.

Mister D
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
There's something about soda that seems awfully addictive. It's more than the caffeine but I don't know what it could be.

Poor self-control, IMO. I was the same way as a child. I loved sugary drinks.

Conley
03-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Poor self-control, IMO. I was the same way as a child. I loved sugary drinks.

:laugh: I dunno, I don't feel that way about Sunny D.

Mister D
03-12-2012, 03:47 PM
:laugh: I dunno, I don't feel that way about Sunny D.

Nigga please. I drank Sunny D once in the last 2 years. Not sure what Ramone's issue us. :grin:

Conley
03-12-2012, 03:48 PM
:grin: I think it has something to do with the fizz! Or the coca plant. :afro:

Mister D
03-12-2012, 03:50 PM
:grin: I think it has something to do with the fizz! Or the coca plant. :afro:

There hasn't been any coca in that stuff for a century. I think it has something to do with you all stuffing your fat faces. :angry: :wink:

Conley
03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
There hasn't been any coca in that stuff for a century. I think it has something to do with you all stuffing your fat faces. :angry: :wink:

It's some kind of synthetic coca substitute. It is in diet cola too. Even Diet Shasta, 99c / 2L, has that effect. :angry: It's soooooo delicious. Actually, it's probably the carcinogenic caramel coloring. Cancer-causing stuff is usually awesome (except for the cancer :undecided:).

MMC
03-12-2012, 06:37 PM
It's some kind of synthetic coca substitute. It is in diet cola too. Even Diet Shasta, 99c / 2L, has that effect. :angry: It's soooooo delicious. Actually, it's probably the carcinogenic caramel coloring. Cancer-causing stuff is usually awesome (except for the cancer :undecided:).

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4764480698974983&id=973791a0972448a7c65b8f1b993e1c5c&index=newexp&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.spacegravy.com%2fsgmedia%2fgr aphics%2foneliners%2fmovies%2fFatBastard.gif :tongue: :laugh:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Mister D http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=46633#post46633)

:highfive:

Conley
03-12-2012, 06:46 PM
:angry:

MMC
03-12-2012, 07:52 PM
:biglaugh:

ramone
03-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Nigga please. I drank Sunny D once in the last 2 years. Not sure what Ramone's issue us. :grin:

Ramone have an issue, surely you jest D, :)