PDA

View Full Version : The NFL is set to give 15 yard penalty for using the N word on field

nathanbforrest45
02-24-2014, 02:09 PM
According to recent news articles the NFL is proposing a ban on the N word on field. The first offense will net you a 15 yard penalty and the second will get you kicked out of the game. The black players are taking offense at this attack on their "freedom of speech"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-expected-adopt-15-yard-penalty-n-word-article-1.1698783

Captain Obvious
02-24-2014, 02:20 PM
Does it include black people too?

Either way it's stupid, but that's the NFL.

Change for the sake of change, which is why I'm really not much of a football fan anymore.

Captain Obvious
02-24-2014, 02:23 PM
But the NFL is a great analogy of the human race.

We over complicate and over compensate everything to an uncontrollable point where we cause far more and greater problems than we solve.

That's life basically.

Cigar
02-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Fuck that ... I'm still pissed about moving the Kick-Off up and no Hand-Checking after 10 yards.

Using the N word should take care of it's self ... those who use it to offend will get handled appropriately.

nathanbforrest45
02-24-2014, 03:17 PM
You see, that is exactly the issue here. The double standard between what whites can do and what blacks can do. My daughter is having issues with an neighbor because the neighbor's family call each other nigger all the time. My grandson who is 5 years old plays with the neighbor's child. He calls my grandson nigger constantly. My grandson can't understand why he can't call his friend that and why he will be suspended from school if he does so at school. Either the word has meaning or it does not. Either the word means the same for you and for me or it has no meaning. If you are not going to be offended by "a brother"calling you a nigger then why are you offended if I do?

Its wrong for me and its wrong for you and the double standard will only continue to showcase why maybe segregation isn't a bad thing.

Polecat
02-24-2014, 03:19 PM
You can always call em a cracker.

Akula
02-24-2014, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they invent a penalty for white players tackling blacks "too hard".

"15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct....racist tackling."

Captain Obvious
02-24-2014, 03:20 PM

White people are fair game.

sachem
02-24-2014, 03:27 PM
It's the NFL's way of appearing to do something in response to the Incognito/Martin incident and the recently released report on said incident.

Sound and fury signifying nothing.

nathanbforrest45
02-24-2014, 03:34 PM
It's the NFL's way of appearing to do something in response to the Incognito/Martin incident and the recently released report on said incident.

Sound and fury signifying nothing.

You do realize that 75% of all NFL players are black and the black players are the one's calling each other the N word so if anyone is penalized it will be black players primarily. If the black players get a pass on this and a white player is penalized all hell is going to break loose.

Adelaide
02-24-2014, 03:39 PM
I don't know - penalties in sport make sense when you make comments like that towards other players. Sportsmanship is important and the NFL sets an example for kids who grow up wanting to play professional football.

When I played rugby you could be penalized just for not approaching a referee properly (we had to say "excuse me, sir," before we could lodge a complaint on behalf of the team). Failure to do so meant we could be tossed from a game or lose a certain amount of yards. As hooker/captain I had to lodge all complaints so even when you were seething over an inappropriate tackle or play, you had to be respectful. It was a huge contrast compared to other sports I'd played. I thought it was pretty refreshing.

The Xl
02-24-2014, 03:49 PM
It's stupid.

sachem
02-24-2014, 04:11 PM
You do realize that 75% of all NFL players are black and the black players are the one's calling each other the N word so if anyone is penalized it will be black players primarily. If the black players get a pass on this and a white player is penalized all hell is going to break loose.Blacks play in the NFL?!

It's a stupid rule. I think it is just for show and probably will be modified or abandoned shortly after the start of the season.

All hell will break loose? You mean players of different colors bitching about something? Yeah. So what? People are still gonna watch and still gonna bet.

sachem
02-24-2014, 04:13 PM
The new N word is Thug. Next year we will be eliminating that from our lexicon.

exotix
02-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Too derogatory ... how'bout Hister ?

pragmatic
02-24-2014, 04:56 PM
According to recent news articles the NFL is proposing a ban on the N word on field. The first offense will net you a 15 yard penalty and the second will get you kicked out of the game. The black players are taking offense at this attack on their "freedom of speech"

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-expected-adopt-15-yard-penalty-n-word-article-1.1698783

It is a rumored proposal.

Has not happened.

Very much doubt that it will....too politically dicey.

//

patrickt
02-24-2014, 05:02 PM
I am not a football fan. I don't even understand the passion that can be generated by a silly game. That said, it seems idiotic to effect the "game" with a penalty based on incorrect speech. Fining the players would make more sense. Maybe a team that has a disproportionate number of players of one race should start the game with a 3 point penalty.

I think a silly game is being made even sillier.

donttread
02-24-2014, 05:09 PM
It is a rumored proposal.

Has not happened.

Very much doubt that it will....too politically dicey.

How about "cracker" ?

//

darroll
02-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Teacher: He called me a name... WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I don't think anyone ever called me late to lunch?

Mister D
02-24-2014, 07:44 PM
How would that work?

Use of a racial epithet...#54...15 yard penalty...repeat 2nd down. :grin:

Ransom
02-25-2014, 10:11 AM
I am not a football fan. I don't even understand the passion that can be generated by a silly game. That said, it seems idiotic to effect the "game" with a penalty based on incorrect speech. Fining the players would make more sense. Maybe a team that has a disproportionate number of players of one race should start the game with a 3 point penalty.

I think a silly game is being made even sillier.

If yer not a fan, why even comment?

Ransom
02-25-2014, 11:07 AM
How would that work?

Use of a racial epithet...#54...15 yard penalty...repeat 2nd down. :grin:

And then what happens to #54? Does a civil suit follow? Does what tone it was spoken in affect the penalty or fine?

So, he can tell the opposing player that he'd like to f his sister, call him some female anatomy name, perhaps even refer to another player as a mother f'er.......but the n word is the word that will be hurting feelings?

What a bunch of country variety tulips we've become, everyone racing to see who can be offended first.

Mister D
02-25-2014, 11:14 AM
And then what happens to #54? Does a civil suit follow? Does what tone it was spoken in affect the penalty or fine?

So, he can tell the opposing player that he'd like to f his sister, call him some female anatomy name, perhaps even refer to another player as a mother f'er.......but the n word is the word that will be hurting feelings?

What a bunch of country variety tulips we've become, everyone racing to see who can be offended first.

They will have to review the whole situation in the booth. You know, facial expressions, tone, body language etc. It may delay the game for an hour or so but it's justice. :grin:

nathanbforrest45
02-25-2014, 12:11 PM

According to another report I heard calling him a MF would also result in a fine and or penalty.

Captain Obvious
02-25-2014, 12:32 PM
They will have to review the whole situation in the booth. You know, facial expressions, tone, body language etc. It may delay the game for an hour or so but it's justice. :grin:

It will be like gradeschool all over again.

"What?!?!? I didn't say 'nigger', I said 'nigga'! Yeah, 'my nigga', that's what we call ourselves."

Mister D
02-25-2014, 12:32 PM
It will be like gradeschool all over again.

"What?!?!? I didn't say 'nigger', I said 'nigga'! Yeah, 'my nigga', that's what we call ourselves."

The coach can challenge!

GrassrootsConservative
02-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Nigga please.

Ransom
02-25-2014, 02:29 PM
Manning won't be able to Omaha this year. It mocks indian cultures. And then once Michael Sams from Missouri gets drafted....what's the next word ban.....what say the opposing offense tells him he'd look better at tight end than linebacker? That 15 yards too?

Akula
02-26-2014, 12:38 AM

Brilliant post. I'd rep you twice if I could.