PDA

View Full Version : The NFL & Racial Makeup

Captain Obvious
02-24-2014, 03:44 PM
I saw this mentioned in another thread so I figured I'd start this one.

www.tidesport.org/RGRC/2013/2013_NFL_RGRC.pdf

Google or click this (I don't know if this link works) and you get a PDF with a bunch of stuff on it. You have to weed through it to get stats but basically the issue is - the NFL is made up of majority black players and a minority white/other players. But why are certain positions skewed? Defensive backs tend to be primarily black, QB's tend to be primarily white. TE's, centers are funny also.

Why aren't position mixes more proportional to either the NFL racial makeup or the national average racial makeup?

MrJimmyDale
02-24-2014, 03:48 PM
"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way, because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs and he's bred to be the better athlete because this goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trade … the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

Remember that?

The Xl
02-24-2014, 03:48 PM
They get sorted positionally based on race early in their football careers, I'd imagine.

Mister D
02-24-2014, 03:51 PM
"The black is a better athlete to begin with because he's been bred to be that way, because of his high thighs and big thighs that goes up into his back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs and he's bred to be the better athlete because this goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trade … the slave owner would breed his big black to his big woman so that he could have a big black kid."

Remember that?

Crude but on the right track.

donttread
02-24-2014, 05:04 PM

www.tidesport.org/RGRC/2013/2013_ (http://www.tidesport.org/RGRC/2013/2013_)NFL_RGRC.pdf

Google or click this (I don't know if this link works) and you get a PDF with a bunch of stuff on it. You have to weed through it to get stats but basically the issue is - the NFL is made up of majority black players and a minority white/other players. But why are certain positions skewed? Defensive backs tend to be primarily black, QB's tend to be primarily white. TE's, centers are funny also.

Why aren't position mixes more proportional to either the NFL racial makeup or the national average racial makeup?

In the day when they're were virtually no black quarterbacks it was a big deal, very racist we were told. However, nobody cares that they're are NO WHITE CORNER BACKS. Why isn't that racist? As for today you have Vick, Kapernick, Wilson, G. Smith and many other black or at least partly black quarterbacks, but still no white corners.

Cigar
02-24-2014, 05:47 PM

www.tidesport.org/RGRC/2013/2013_ (http://www.tidesport.org/RGRC/2013/2013_)NFL_RGRC.pdf

SPEED is Important :laugh: ... until they get OLD